Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

Neiither One Of Us Are Complaing

Alex

I really didn’t get what was her problem. I mean, Ferris Wheels are nice… and very romantic. So maybe that’s why she didn’t like it. Hm… well, I have to start somewhere right? And just keep moving forward!

“Don’t even think about it,” she warns me.

Sometimes she’s just no fun… “Well… we could continue twenty questions?” I offer. “But I don’t really remember who ended… and I’m out of questions. Uh… you?” But then I look over, and she’s not even paying attention. Instead, she’s glaring hard at her hands that are slowly and tightly, almost twisting the bar that’s for our protection. “Bailey?”

“What?” She whispers sharply.

“Are you okay?”

“Do I look okay?” She retorts, giving me a quick glance.

Then I realize what’s going on. “Oh, shoot. Bailey, I had no idea! I’m so freaking sorry, I didn’t know you’re scared of heights!”

“No, I’m not,” she lies.

“You’re so tense, if I poke you, you’ll snap,” I tell her and slap my forehead. “Why didn’t you say something?”

“I tried,” she points out and takes a shaky breath. “Just… just shut up, will you?”

“But then you’ll concentrate on your fear, and that’s no good,” I put in. “Do you want to continue the game?” She shakes her head quickly. “Fine, fine… oh! Here, why don’t you tell me about your brother.”

She gives me a narrowed look. “I already told you to lay off the subject.”

“No, not like- just… I mean, if he’s my… even my late brother-in-law, shouldn’t I know a little about… who he was?” I offer. “Here. The easy stuff. What was his name?”

After a minute, just as we’re nearing the top, she manages to speak. “Jake. His name was Jake,” she says a rough voice.

“Okay, good. That’s a good name. How about… how old was he? The year difference?”

“Five. Five year difference.” She gives a forced laugh. “He was always a shrimp, though. He looked so- so young…” she swallows hard, glancing up at my face. “He loved baseball,” she whispers. “Any ball, really. But he’d go around, finding a TV to watch games on all the time… his obsession. Baseball was his dream.”

“Yeah? That’s cool. What about… uh… his favorite color?”

She shakes her head. “I don’t know. He… we never talked like that. Never about like… the basics. We just… we didn’t.”

I shift a little, somewhat unsure with myself. Yeah, I’m reallllly curious. But what if I push her too far? Then she distracts me, taking a sudden sharp breath. I glance up and she’s got her eyes squeezed shut. “You looked, didn’t you?” I ask.

“No.”

I roll my eyes. “You’re such a kid.”

“No, I’m not,” she shoots an eye open to glare at me, then closes it again, shifting farther away. Then she gasps as the Ferris Wheel pauses, because now we’re up at the very top center. And I think I hear her gulp.

“Bailey… are you okay with me distracting you?” I ask slowly, having thought of something dead brilliant. Hehe…

“What’s that supposed to mean? Cause I’m not going to answer that.”

I think I’ll take that for a yes. Aren’t I devious? “Okay, just… keep your eyes closed, okay? Cause it’s going to be fine.”

She gives a scornful laugh. “Please don’t become a paramedic, they’ll all hate you with their dying bre-” but then I lean forward, planting my lips on hers to cut her off. And, of course, distract her- hopefully in a good way, too.

I consider pulling away, but I’m trying to help her, and she’s got amazing lips. After a minute, I feel her loosening up a little, beginning to lean into the kiss. Carefully, I pry her hands off. Then my own make their way up her arms, snaking around her neck and dragging them through her hair. Her own hands take places on my neck and one bunches up my shirt, dragging me closer and I can feel her cool knuckles against my bare skin- and it’s amazing, nearly sizzling my skin in delight.

Again and again our lips meet, as though it’s in sync, while also murmuring indistinct words that we seem to forget in the oblivion. My teeth tug lightly at her lip and slowly they separate, sliding in. Bailey’s hands pull me closer and soon I’m practically on top of her, but neither one of us are complaining- it just keeps getting better and better.

“Ahem. Guys? Rides over.”

$&@*!

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
This was fun.....hehe.

Thoughts? Comments!!! I've 100 Subscribers! So.... ten comments will get another chapter. yeah, I might be mean... but I'm also VERY busy! Just check what I wrote on my profile of what I have to be doing! Consider yourselves lucky, reading this. :D