My Way Home Is Through You

Chapter 10.

Chapter 10. – Danny’s Pov
I took a deep breath before biting my lip, on the same time I turned around to face Harry – who nearly looked confused.

“Look, I’m sorry Harry. But I have to try and talk to Dougs. I can’t live with the thought of him being angry at me.” I said while I stood up from the bed, pulling on my clothes before starting to walk towards the door, stopping abruptly as I felt a hand on my arm. As I turned around I was facing Harry’s hurt face.

“I really love you Danny. Why don’t you just let Dougie be with Mikey? Give me a chance. Please…” even if I so badly wanted to go to Dougie, something about Harry made me want to go to him. “But… if Dougie now is what you want… Go…”

“I’m sorry, Harry. I really am.” I whispered before moving my arm away from his hand, walking out from my room and over to Dougie’s. There I stood and listened to the weak sound of two voices. I did my best to hear what they said but I couldn’t. And it bothered me.

I really enjoyed what I did with Harry. But the fact that Dougie then came outside and started yelling at me, trying to sound angry just broke my heart. I didn’t want him to be angry or anything. He was amazing and he didn’t deserve having to stand between two guys that both wanted him. And in a way I wanted to abandon my love for him and instead go to Harry who I felt I was falling in love with.

“Dougs…?” I said quite loudly so that he could hear me, scrunching my face up as I didn’t get any answer. Not from Dougie, or Mikey. “Dougie please.”

“Just fuck off Danny! I don’t want to see you!” Dougie shouted back, the hurt and angst clear in his voice. Before something came crashing onto the door.

“Doug, take it easy…” Mikey said.

“Dougie, just please, talk to me. I want to solve all this. I’m sorry if I upset you.”

Suddenly the door flew open, revealing Dougie’s angry, confused and hurt face.

“Yeah. Then just talk, Dan!” he snapped while glaring at me. “You said you loved me and then you just went into your room and fucked Harry! Or if he fucked you. Doesn’t matter. How fucking much did you love me? Enough to then just forget about me and go to someone else? Or is it the fact that I actually found a nice guy? Though he came here and I actually fell in love. It still doesn’t matter. Nothing matters, Danny. Just leave me alone and go to Harry if you now love him. I don’t care Danny. Before Mikey got here I actually loved you. More than just a mate. I never told you. I didn’t want to because people would hate me even more. And having you everywhere frustrated me. Now I’m not sure what I think about you. I’ve been talking to Mikey about maybe just being mates so that I could get some time to think. I don’t know who I love and who I just like. But I’m sure now that I don’t want any boyfriend. It’s not worth it. So just go, Dan.”

“But Dougie, please forgive me. I really love you. And it hurts to see you with that thing. I really am sorry. Honestly. Please, give me chance. You have no idea how much you mean to me and what I would do to spend my life with you.” I looked at him pleadingly, trying to show him that I really meant everything I said. And of course Mikey just had to ruin it all by going over to me, trying to push me out of the room.

“That’s enough. If he wants you to leave him alone, then just do it before something bad happens.” He muttered as he started to push me towards my room. Just so that I could push him back, glaring at him while trying to get over to Dougie’s room again.

“Fuck off Mikey.” I snapped, pushing him again as he tried to make me go away. Just a few second later I flew back against the wall, my head hitting it hard as Mikey had given me a right punch in the face. Not that I was any nicer, as I jumped right on him, punching him back. Soon we both laid on the floor, rolling around as we did everything to hurt each other.

“Mikey! Danny! Stop it! Both of you!” Dougie shrieked as he tried to separate us, only to get thrown back as we both tried to push him away from us.

“Let me kill him!” I growled angrily as I felt a pair of arms around me, watching how Tom pulled Mikey away from me while Harry took me. “I hate that bastard! Just let me go Harry so I can kill him!”

For a few minutes I just stared at Mikey who stood with Tom, staring back at me before turning his head against Dougie, his face falling immediately. And as I looked over at Dougie I saw why. Dougie stood there with his arms wrapped around himself, his face shining out of hurt and a little anger.

“Just… leave me alone… both of you.” He muttered before running down the stairs, the front door slamming shut just a few seconds later.

I bowed my head as I relaxed in Harry’s arms, the tears slowly falling down my burning cheeks. I regretted it all. I never knew why I actually started to fight. It only made things worse and I know Mikey also knew it.

“Can’t you two just…behave? What’s wrong with you?” Tom muttered, letting go of Mikey before he looked over at him, then over at me. “Do you two seriously think Dougie’s some toy that you both can play with? He’s also a human being and your love for him doesn’t do anything else than break and hurt him.”

“But we didn’t fight over him. It was just-,” Mikey started, bowing his head again as Tom cut him off.

“I know very well that it was him you fought because of. Don’t try to tell me any lies. Just leave him alone instead of fighting and doing what ever you two does. Mikey, you know how Dougie’s been with you the last few days. He has been with you because he found comfort in it since you didn’t behave like Danny. He told me. I think that is ruined by now. Dougie has always been a strong and self-confident guy. I’ve never seen him like I did just before he ran out of the house. Don’t break him down, okay? Even if I’m sure he’s already on the verge of it. And I hope that he gets back before it turns dark. Or else I want both of you outside trying to find him. You never know if something happens.”

“I’m not going outside with that guy!” I shouted, ripping myself away from Harry.

“Danny don’t start it, okay?” Harry muttered, trying to grab me again.

“Shut up, Harry.” I glared at him before looking over at Tom who sighed. “He’s the reason things are like they are now! If he never would’ve been here it would all have been okay! Don’t you guys see that?! To be honest I saw Dougie first and-,”

“Danny, you’re talking like a little child right now. The ‘I saw him first’ talking. It doesn’t matter who saw him first. He’s a human. Not a fucking animal or some fucking toy.”

<3