My Way Home Is Through You

Chapter 12.

Chapter 12. – Danny’s Pov
I sat through the whole night together with Dougie. He rested his head on my chest, while sleeping deep, and not peacefully. He was shuffling around, groaning, whimpering in his sleep. And I got more and more curious about what happened to him while he was out. I got scared in a way. I really wanted to know what happened, but I didn’t want to force him into telling me, I didn’t want him to get angry at me. Since he were actually close to me without being crazy.
Stroking his hair deep in thought, I nearly jumped a few feet up in the air as Dougie groaned slightly before lifting his head up from my chest, sighing sadly. Why he did that? I have no idea. I’d hardly seen him sigh sadly or have a sad look on his face. And it honestly hurt seeing him like that. I was used to a happy Dougie. Not a sad one.

“How are you feeling?” I asked quietly, making him lay down again.

“Like shit…” he mumbled. “Thanks for taking me home.” He blushed slightly before turning his gaze away from me. “I can’t hate you now, or be angry at you since you saved me. It wouldn’t be right to be a twat to you when you were nice enough to bring me home. So again, thank you.”

I eyed him for a while before smiling weakly, not able to smile genuinely because of what he said. “…since you saved me.” What did really happen to him? Even how much I wanted to know, I still didn’t dare to ask him or anything. I would just have to wait for him to tell me without me asking him.

“No problem.” I murmured, pulling a blanket over him, watching how he smiled slightly, his eyes shining as he watched me, before closing his eyes slowly – once again drifting off to sleep, his hand holding tightly onto mine.
It felt great to be so close to him, and I was happy that I could be there for him.

I must have fallen asleep, because when I opened my eyes again, Dougie was still sleeping. His head still resting on my chest, rising and falling in a rhythm together with my chest. He was sleeping more peacefully than he had done earlier. And I guess that’s a good thing. So that he would be panicked, scared or anything like that.

“Dan, mate, you’re up!” Tom’s voice floated into the living room before he slowly showed up, two plates in his hands, a toast laying on both of them. “How is he?”

I sighed and looked down on Dougie, cocking my head to the side before I looked up at Tom again, who sat down in the arm-chair, waiting for me to answer him.

“I don’t know, Tom…” I sighed again. “Last night be told me that he couldn’t be angry at me because I saved him.”

“You saved him?”

“Yes. And I have no idea why. Tom, I have to find out why I saved him and what happened. I’m worried sick. Can’t you just… speak to Mikey about letting me be with Dougie so I can solve things and maybe make him open up to me, telling me what happened because it seems like he doesn’t want to mention it, or else he would have told me it before he fell asleep? Tom, he even took my hand in his. He told me to stay with him. Before he took of he didn’t want to be with me! He was angry at me and now he suddenly wants me to be there! Something happened. It’s clear. I want to know what.”

Dougie groaned and turned around, before slowly opening his eyes, tiredly he watched me before snuggling down again, burying his head in my chest – pulling the blanket over himself more.

“Good morning.” I smiled at him, ruffling his hair so that he tried to move his head away, a smile appearing on his face as he lifted it from my chest. I was so happy to see him smiling instead of looking so sad.

“I’ll speak to Mikey.” Tom said before smiling and leaving the room after he put the plates on the table, near me and Dougie.

Dougie’s face fell a bit at the mentioning of Mikey’s name, and he turned his gaze away so that he was looking at the floor.

“Are you hungry?” I asked, sitting up as Dougie started to do it. He nodded slowly without saying a word, taking the plate that I took for him from the table.
It was when Dougie threw the blanket away and shuffled over in the corner of the sofa that I noticed the nail marks on his hips, immediately feeling this rock falling down in my stomach, and I had a feeling that I knew what happened to Dougie when he was out.

Something that I never wanted to happen to him. Now it probably did.
As I looked up at Dougie’s face, I saw that he noticed that I’d just been watching his hips, and immediately he tried to cover it up with his shirt again, his face turning into a panicked expression as he put the plate with the toast on the table, wrapping his arms around himself protectively. Slowly he turned his head around, facing me. I looked right into his tear brimmed eyes, taking a deep breath as I saw that he was on his way to speak, shaking his head slowly.

“I know you might know what happened. And that you probably think that I’m disgusting.” He said slowly and quietly.

“Dougs, did you get… you know… raped?” I asked, afraid of what he would say.
He frowned lightly, smiling, but not out of amusement.

“I said; I know you might know what happened. Then why are you asking? To rub it in my face?” he glared slightly at me, turning his gaze away.

“No, I’m n-,”

“I didn’t think something like that would happen if I walked through the city, where people are all the time. But I was wrong. It hurts Dan… It hurts…” in the end he was in tears, the shiny droplets falling down his face rapidly, causing me to lean over and take his shaking form in my arms, rocking him back and forth while making soothing sounds to calm him down.

“I know, baby, I know…” I whispered, pulling him more over to me until he was pressed up against my chest, his arms around my neck as he sobbed into my chest.

I wouldn’t let go of him. Nothing would make me let go of him until he was feeling fine again. I knew it would take a long time, after something horrible as what happened to him. But I would be there for him through it all, if he now wanted me to be there. If he didn’t reject me or anything. It didn’t seem like he would do it. But you never knew.

<3