Invisible Collision

Blind Maggot

My pants buzzed and I was filled with anxious curiosity. I pulled my phone out of my pocket
and immediately wished I couldn’t read. No. Way. No way. No way. No way. No way!
GODDAMN IT! I knew this was going to happen! All I intended was for them to meet! To get
aquatinted! Not for them to run off together and live happily ever after! ...Oh fuck me. I was
being a selfish bitch. Damn it. Marilyn needed someone there for her. Her life was a jigsaw
puzzle and she needed (and wanted) a significant other to spend her time with. Plus, she
was beautiful, so it was bound to happen eventually. …But why did it have to be with Harvey! I loved him! Since childhood! He was cute. Very cute…and funny, and smart, and gentleman like and…GAH! Okay, okay, okay. Relax. Take a deep breath in. "Ahhh." And out. "Fuuuck." I slammed my head onto the table I was sitting at. I growled in annoyance & pain. …Why me? Ugh. Damn self-pity.

“Are you okay?” I jumped & let out a short tight yelp. I didn’t even hear anyone walk by.
Freaked and wide-eyed I looked in the direction the voice came from. A boy about 6 feet and 3 inches tall stood to my right, looking down at me like I was crazy. Whoa. He was eye candy. He had dark hair that came down in jagged layers a few inches below his Adam’s apple. His eyes were a deep pine green that seemed…distant. Like he wasn’t fully there. His skin was an off shade of mine, which was pale, and his body had a nice lean texture to it. Like he worked out often. Now any other day I would have been an excessive flirt, but my mood was all fucked up. Plus, I hated being asked if I was okay. But since I thought better before snapping at a perfectly attractive guy, I played nice and tried to keep it short.

“Yeah,” I said with a plastic smile, “peachy keen.” I hoped he’d get the vibe I didn’t want to be talked to, but sadly, he didn’t.

“You don’t look peachy keen.” He continued, moving a little closer, watching me warily.
“What makes you say that?” I asked, backing away slightly.
“Well,” he started, “you look like you’re fighting back tears, and you’re bleeding from a little wound on your forehead.” He smiled sympathetically at me. I blushed. Then realized what he said.

“I’m bleeding!” I exclaimed. Touching my fingers to my forehead, I flinched at the sharp pain. I looked at my hand and surely, there was warm red liquid on my fingers. Come to think of it, I did feel a headache coming on. I held my forehead in my hands, perched my elbows on the table and sighed.

“Here.” He handed me a tissue.
“Thanks.” I said and wiped my blood away.
“I’ll go get you a band aide for that cut.” He offered.
“No its alright, I’ll just ask—“ I looked to him, but he was gone.

I scanned the room but he was nowhere to be seen. He disappeared. The loud chatter of the other students working in their labs distracted me. None of them seemed to notice a 6 foot 3 guy just come in and out of the classroom.

“Here.” I jumped again. I turned around immediately. He was holding a band aide out to me, smiling as if he didn’t just vanish.

“Uh, thanks.” I said and took the band aide from him cautiously. Now I had questions in my head. How did he just disappear like that? Could he teach me how do it? What was he doing here? Why was he talking to me? Was he a student? Why didn’t I see him before? Wha---

“Do you need help with that?” he asked kindly.

I blinked to clear my mind and looked at him. My god. His eyes were beautiful. He sat in the chair next to me, so we were somewhat eye level. He still towered over me, but not as much as when he stood. His eyes looked emerald green and no longer distant. He gave me a warm smile and held a hand out for the band aide. I handed it to him, still in awe from his eyes. He smiled sheepishly and threw the band aide paper in the trash. He turned to me and brushed my bangs from my face. He picked up a new tissue and gently wiped away more blood. I observed his arms and torso as he worked on my forehead. He wasn’t muscular thick, just muscularly slim. He wore a somewhat tight black t-shirt that just barely outlined his fit body. His biceps were nice and from what I could tell, so were his abs. And his face was just wonderful. So stunning…and attractive.

“There,” he said. He smiled and pulled himself away, “Good as new.” I smiled back sheepishly and touched the place he put the band aide. It felt a degree cooler around the area he touched. It went away quickly.

“Thanks.” I said back, not hiding my smile.
“No problem.” He replied and returned my smile.

We sat there quietly for a moment before I broke the silence. “My name’s Jain Adonia, by the way.”

I held my hand out to him to handshake. He grasped my hand and flipped it so my palm was down. His fingers were cold on my skin, but like my skin around the band aide, it quickly went away. He leaned his head down and kissed the top of my hand. I blushed. The place his lips touched my hand stayed cooler a bit longer. I could feel the outline of his lips on my hand. He gently held my fingers and looked me in the eyes.

“How nice it is to meet you, Jain,” he said, smiling sweetly, “my name's Nalo Attis.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This probably seems very premature, considering its my first story, but sadly to say, I'm making this up as I go along X] I'll explain more about everything in upcoming chapters...if I get that far o_O