Status: Complete! :)

Do You Love Me?

New Day, New Beginning.

Sighing inwardly, I stretched my arms out wide. New day. New beginning – that was how Kevin had put it. It felt really good to officially be welcomed into the family and for once I really felt like there were other people out there who cared for me a lot. Mum and I had decided to go and so some bonding today, in other words – shopping till we dropped. I couldn’t wait. Mainly, because I hardly ever had the time to go shopping.

Back in Florida, even though Carol would try her best to give us attention she always happened to be busy – especially when there were new arrivals at the care home. Sometimes, if I felt like I would help her out with too – mainly things that I could easily handle and not get wrong. Playing with the new arrivals and just talking to them and sharing our experiences in this care home with them. Trying to make them feel welcome, whereas I’d leave Carol to do all of the paperwork.

“Hey Jai,” I jerked my head upwards and noticed Nick standing in the doorway of my bedroom. “Can I come in?” he asked me rather politely.

I gave him a nod and he walked right in, I could easily tell that he was nervous and felt really uncomfortable. I wondered why he even bothered to make an effort to come here. Honestly, I was perfectly fine with him giving me the silent treatment even though I did not deserve it in the first place.

“I don’t know where to begin,” he whispered after taking in a few deep breaths.

“Well, you could always begin with apologising,” I stated, crossing my arms together.

I stared right back at him and waited for his apology, “no, I am not going to apologise for the way I have treated you Jaime. After all, I have always obeyed my parents and listened to every word that they had to say, so I believed what they told me and I don’t believe that I am at fault.” He explained.

“You are so full of yourself, you know,” I said shaking my head.

He laughed, “Yeah, my brothers tell me that all the time.” He mentioned, “I just came here to set things straight between us because at the end of the day you do happen to be my older sister and if we are going to live in the same house then I think we should get along, you know? Whether we want to or not, we could just do it for Mum and the our brothers.” He looked at me waiting for my reply.

A smile crept up upon my face, “you are never going to admit the fact that you care about me, are you?” I replied, biting my lip trying my very best not to laugh.

“Why should I?” he questioned, “Why should I care about the person who drove my father away from my family? It doesn’t make any sense.”

“Oh please Nick. Don’t get me started on that topic, non of it is my fault and you know that,” I answered.

He let out a sigh, “I know…I’m just saying…”

“Well don’t say anything then,” I rolled my eyes, “you don’t want to make me angry,” I warned him.

He finally grinned in my direction, “or what? You are going to beat me up?” he asked, now laughing.

I started to laugh too, “No, I have another plan, I’ll steal all of your fans!” I said and he burst out laughing hysterically.

“Now that is the most lamest plan I have ever heard!” he shrieked as I threw my pillow at him.

Within seconds, we had involved ourselves in a pillow fight, I couldn’t actually believe that Nick had decided to be the bigger person and made an effort to come to me and to just talk it all out. I kind of felt guilty at the fact that I should have been the bigger person, instead of him in this case. But, that would not be possible as I had always been slightly scared for what his reaction would be.

“You too!” we stopped in our tracks and stared into the hallway, “stop being such babies the two of you!” she tried to act strict as possible, but failed. “I have to take Jaime shopping now. We all aware that she has to look super beautiful for Drew tomorrow.” She said and actually giggled at the end.

Laughing, I followed her down the stairs, but not before I smacked Nick in the face with the spare pillow that would always be lying on the floor of my bedroom.

<><><><><>

“You must have butterflies,” Mum stated as we looked around for dresses for me to wear tomorrow. “I remember introducing my first boyfriend to my parents all those years ago and let me tell you sweetie. It didn’t go down too well,” she said laughing and remembering the memory of hers.

“Thanks so much for the boost in my confidence, Mum!” I said and picked up the strapless black dress that caught my eye instantly, “Drew would love to see me in this,” I whispered to myself and smiled placing it in our shopping basket.

“Okay!” Mum grinned, “Time to go shoe shopping!” she exclaimed rather excitedly. This was a whole new experience for her as well as for me and she wanted to make exciting for the both of us as possible.

We shopped and shopped until are legs had decided that they needed a rest, we found a nearby café and sat ourselves down immediately, “I don’t think I have shopped this much in a while,” Mum stated wiping the sweat from her forehead.

“Same,” I replied, smiling.

“I’m so glad you understood me, Jaime.” Said Mum, “from the very beginning I had always wanted to tell you the truth, but I couldn’t,” she placed her hands on mine, “I am sorry.” She apologised, for what seemed like a hundredth time in just two days.

“Mum…please stop apologising to me, I feel bad,” I pouted.

She ruffled with my hair and smirked a little, “I am also glad at the fact that you have Drew in your life,” she alleged, “From what I have heard about him, he seems like the perfect guy for you and I simply cannot wait to meet him.”

“Thank you,” I mouthed and bit into my sandwich.

I had come here for revenge, but fate had something else in store for me altogether. I really could not believe that I was sitting right here in a café in some shopping mall – having lunch with my mother and actually enjoying myself. It felt as if though, nothing could go wrong now.

My phone began to ring and I decided to answer it even though my mouth was half full, “Drew!” I screamed as soon as I read the Caller ID.

“Sorry madam but this is not Drew,” I heard a woman say, “am I speaking to Jaime Smith?” she asked.

“Yes you are and who may you be?” I questioned quickly.

There was a pause.

“My name is Julia, I am calling from Central LA hospital, I have some news for you.” she paused again and continued again, “there has been an accident and I’m afraid to say that Drew Warrington was involved and I’m sorry Miss Smith but he didn’t make it.” She bluntly stated.

The phone dropped out of my right hand as the darkness suddenly came and took me away with itself. Blackness everywhere. It felt as if though I could not see any moment longer, as if though I had become blind all of a sudden.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't hate me I had this planned way before I even started writing the first chapter.
Leave your thoughts?
Anyways, congrats to Jenny for being my 100th commenter! XD

-Soffy-