Status: Complete! :)

Do You Love Me?

Killing Me Softly Inside.

Placing my hand luggage in the bunk above my head I sighed. In a few hours the plane would land at Los Angeles Airport. I had been dreading this all along. I was becoming even more home sick as the minutes ticked by. Paul and Denise were seated a couple rows behind me; they stated that they wanted to give me some privacy. Psshht whatever.

If I wanted some privacy I’d be in my bedroom back at the care home and not here. The man beside me plumped himself on the seat and groaned in my right ear and coughed. Great, perfect just what I wanted.

Closing my eyes I began to lose myself in the memories I had locked safely in my heart. I couldn’t stop smiling at the memory of my first meeting with Rae and Jaee at kindergarten.

It was a sunny day; everything seemed absolutely beautiful and just perfect. My first day at a new kindergarten centre. I was excited and scared to wits at the same time. Questions after questions arising in my mind whether or not I’ll be able to fit in with them. Whether or not I’ll actually make any friends today.

Carol left me alone at the centre with the teacher and the rest of the scary looking children, “Hello there,” the teacher smiled at me, “I’m Miss Greenly but you my dear can call me Jane,” she grinned.

“Hi Jane!” I smiled back.

“Are you looking forward to making new friends Jai?” she asked smiling widely.

I nodded and she grabbed my hand and started to give me a tour of the centre. “I think you will get along really well with two girls I know Jai. They’re really special and would love to get to know you.” Jane informed me.

Jane then took me to the two girls she was talking about and introduced us and left me alone to interact with them on my own, “My name’s Rae! And I’ll be your new friend from now on, gotcha?!” one of them yelled in my face.

I looked at her, bewildered. This girl seemed out of the ordinary.

“Oi!” the other girl beside her moaned, “I’m Jaee dude! And guess what? Me and Rae have known each other since like forever baby!” she laughed as so did Rae and I.

We talked and talked for God knows how long. Told each other about us, where we came from. What colour was our favourite and so on. These were my first two friends and I was determined to hold onto these two forever.


But now that determination seemed to be lost somewhere. The thought of being away from Jaee and Rae was killing me softly inside. I didn’t want this. How many times did I have to repeat myself? I was perfectly fine knowing the fact that my parents didn’t love me that they didn’t care for me so they decided to give up on me. To be honest, I really didn’t care anymore. I was eighteen now for crying out loud. An adult. I had the right to make my own decisions and I wasn’t going to let someone take that away from me.

Not now. Not tomorrow. Not never.

Opening my eyes I checked the watch on my wrist that Carol had given me for my birthday and let out a huge sigh. We were due to land in fifteen minutes. My stomach began to lurch at the very thought of it. I had brothers. Four to be exact. They were famous. Rock stars. Rich. Busy boys. Would I be left alone at the side? Would they want to involve me in their life? Were they happy at the fact that they had a sister that they had no idea about? Many questions began to arise in my mind but then I reminded myself that I didn’t care.

I fastened my seat belt and waited for the plane to land.

<><><><><>

I stood there waiting rather impatiently with Denise and Paul for the car that was due to arrive to pick us up. Denise informed me that her eldest son Kevin was going to come and escort us home. I laughed to myself thinking of Kevin and all the rumours I had heard about him lately.

A Range Rover came into view and parked itself right before us. The door flew open, I was expecting a curly haired guy who went by the name Kevin to step out but I was wrong. Very wrong. This guy looked nothing like Kevin. He was in fact, better looking, had nice facial features and looked like a decent guy, oh and did I mention his hair? Amazing much?

I took my eyes off of him as he made his way towards me, “Hi, I’m Garbo, sorry Kevin couldn’t make it.” He stuck out his hand in front of me. I stared down at it for a few seconds.

Taking in the situation he took his hand back and made a grab for my luggage, “Oh, I don’t think so.” I shook my head at him, “I can help myself thank you.” with that I picked up the luggage made a few steps closer to the car and turned around, “aren’t you going open the boot so I can put all of this crap in?” I asked him.

He looked at me a for a few more moments, as if though he was examining me or something. “Sure,” he said trying not to smile.

Rolling my eyes I got in front of the car beside the drivers’ seat. Denise and Paul stepped in as so did Garbo. The car engine began to roar with full power as we drove off into the city. I plugged my earphones into my ears and began to move my fingers to the beat of the music. It was a habit of mine, which didn’t seem like it was going to ever leave me alone. I glanced at Garbo for a split of a second and smiled to myself, the guy looked scared. Nervous to be exact, was I that scary looking?

The car came to a halt at the traffic lights and I realised that I was wearing a necklace, don’t know why, but it never occurred to me before how special this necklace was. Drew. It screamed his name. It was special. It reminded me what I use to share with Drew and still do.

My eyes began to fill up with tears as Drew began to cloud up my mind. I sniffed and noticed Garbo’s hand in front of me. He had seen my tears and was offering me a tissue. “Thank you,” I nodded my head and looked out of the window wondering why my life had become so difficult.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and crappy, I know.
Filler I guess.
Gee, I'm so excited for this :]
Big plans people. HUGE!

Amazing banner made by the wonderful Kathleen :]

Comments anyone? =]