All I Want Is You

100 Monkeys+ 2

I wondered if my outfit looked okay, for the eightieth time that night. It was 6:55 but I had been ready for what seemed like hours. I was really excited about going to see Jackson, and to hang out with him after the show. I fluffed my hair with my hands again, and then fixed my dress again. It was simple, black and loose, because I hadn’t known what to wear.

Knock. Knock.

I pulled on my sandals, still tugging on the last strap as I opened the door. Standing in my doorway was a gang of boys; a smirking green eyed one leading the pack.

“Holy shit.” Was all I could say.

Hearty laughter erupted has my cheeks flushed. “Sorry.” I said, totally embarrassed.

“We were on our way through, and decided to grab you along the way.” Jackson was still smiling.

“Uh, okay?” I said, still confused.

“This is the band, and Kellan. Who has no musical talents...”

“Hey! That was mean.” A huge blonde guy said.

“Um, Hi.” I said. “I’m Lizzie.”

“Oh we know who you are.” Kellan said. “Jackson hasn’t stopped talking ab—“

“Yeah, and this is Ben and Jared.” Jackson cut Kellan off and introduced me to the other guys.

“Nice to meet you.” I stumbled out.

“Shall we go? We have a show to play!” Ben said, glancing at Jackson. Jackson nodded
and I grabbed my bag from beside the door. Jackson offered me his arm as the guys went
ahead to the car. I took it and he smiled at me before leading me down the stairs to the car.

Almost three hours later I was sitting at a table across from Jackson in a dark corner of 24k Bar. The rest of the guys had left, and now it was just me and Jackson. Jackson and I. Elizabeth and Jackson. My god I’m pathetic.

“...so then I told Jared that we just had to go for it. And now here we are.” Jackson was telling me about forming the band. I was nodding and smiling, but really I was staring at his bright green eyes and the way the shone. He had little wrinkles by his eyes when he smiled, which he did a lot.

“Lizzie. Hey, Lizzie!” I snapped back to reality.

“Sorry.” I whispered. My face blushed red. I sipped on my drink again, trying to focus on the words, not the looks. It wasn’t that he was boring, he was just so damn handsome.

“What about you, how did you get in to the whole design thing?”

“Maine isn’t all that exciting. There wasn’t much to do besides sports, and you know I’m kind of clumsy. From the time I was seven I was drawing little pictures and making dresses for my Barbie’s. I got in to FIDM on scholarship and here I am in my last year.” I smiled, thinking about how far I had come.

“That’s awesome. You must be really good, to get in on scholarship.” His hand was resting in the middle of the table. Mine was only inches away. One quick movement and I could be touching him, feeling the warmth of his skin.

“I guess. I’m no Chanel or Louis, but I try. You can always be good at something you love. Like you with your music.” I smiled, staring into his eyes.

“Yeah.” His hand twitched, and suddenly it was laying on mine. I looked down at our hands and then back up at him. He was just smiling that mischievous grin, the one I had seen countless times, even in the past week.

“Jackson, what are we doing?” I said softly.

“I think we’re on a date.” He answered, his fingers brushing the top of my hand.

“Really? I think I like that.” I smiled, daring to look right in his eyes. That was dumb. He could melt glaciers with those eyes.

“I think I should take my date home, since she has school in the morning.” He grinned and stood up from the table. I stood at the same time, and my hand brushed against his. He wrapped his long fingers around mine as we walked out the door.

We walked in silence. I loved that everything was so close in LA. Every now and then his grip would tighten and then loosen on my hand. Soon we were at my door and I was fumbling in my purse for my keys. When I looked back up, he was inches from my face. I suddenly had an idea.

I leaned in towards him and when we were just seconds from the kiss, I pressed a finger to his lips.

“I don’t kiss on the first date.” I whispered before opening my door and stepping inside.