‹ Prequel: Come one come all

You're Just In Time

Dix

Louisa’s P.O.V

We were half way though, Alex would be back in two and a half weeks meaning the wedding is in three. I was in LA at the moment spending some time with Pete, Ashlee and Bronx who was now two years old. It was his first birthday yesterday and we just had a family party for him at their house, everyone had left either after the party yesterday or this morning but I was staying for a few days. The boys adored each other, in all fairness Logan didn’t really know what was going on but his eyes followed Bronx around everywhere.

“I’m glad you decided to stay for a little while,” Pete said sitting next to me on the black sofa.

“Too be honest it’s doing me good to have some time to relax you know?”

“Everything set for the wedding?” Ashlee asked coming in and giving a cup of juice to Bronx who was holding his arms out waiting for it.

“Yeah everything’s all done, I booked all of it during my pregnancy when I couldn’t do much else and I’ve called round to confirm. Just waiting to pick up my dress in two weeks. It’s been sent off for alterations since I have finally lost those last five pounds off my stomach.” I smiled knowing I was in better shape mentally and also my physical shape was as it was before I was pregnant, except I filled out bras better still because I was breast feeding but I didn’t mind that and I don’t think Alex would complain about it.

“Alex excited? Or is he bricking it like I was?” Pete asked.

“I think he’s excited, I don’t know too be honest every time I’ve talked to him when he’s been on tour he sounds tired. It’s hard to tell.”

“Well if he’s missing you then that’s the main thing, he must want to get married if he misses you.”

“Oh he is, that’s all I can get out of him actually.” I hadn’t really thought about mine and Alex’s phone conversations until just now and I have just realised how unhappy Alex seems.

Alex’s P.O.V
I was sitting in the lounge area of the bus and let a big sigh escape from my lips, this had to be the worst tour I have ever been on, I missed Louisa and Logan too much. I cannot believe I missed his first word which was dad, not only that but he was now saying mum and trying to sit up on his own. I knew I would miss parts of his life being on tour but I could not estimate just how much it would affect me. I have been feeling so low about it all there has been a few occasions where I just want to announce in that microphone I am leaving the band but I don’t want to disappoint the guys and our fans. I need to keep doing this so I can provide for my family even if it does mean I don’t see when he picks up a new skill, no matter how much it hurts me. The phone rang; it was a number I didn’t recognise so I wearily picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Hey Alex you ok?” Hearing her voice just made me miss her and my son even more.

“Yeah you? Where Are you I didn’t recognise the number.”

“Pete’s house, it was Bronx’s birthday yesterday don’t you remember?” I had been too forgetful lately, I had too many thoughts in my head.

“Yeah you said sorry.” I didn’t mean to sound as blunt as I did.

“Alex, is everything ok? You haven’t been sounding like yourself lately and it’s really worrying me. Is it the wedding? Do you want to get married? We could postpone it for a year if that’s what you want, oh my God have you met someone else on tour?” She panicked too much and over thought everything, I felt bad for not telling her what was wrong and leaving her to think I was cheating on her, I had not even looked at another woman since Elle, she was definitely a one off mistake.

“No no don’t be silly hun it’s none of that I just, I just can’t believe how much I’m missing you. I’m missing Logan grow up and I feel so guilty over it.” Believe it or not I started to cry a little then, I always thought it a little bit sad when fully grown men cried but I could not help myself I just felt like shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've decided there's only about three left now :)