‹ Prequel: Come one come all

You're Just In Time

Douze

Louisa’s P.O.V

I was at the airport pushing Logan around in his stroller. Alex’s plane should have arrived ten minutes ago and Logan was starting to get a little restless. Alex had no idea I was meeting him at the airport, he thought his dad was coming to pick him up. Alex and I have done a lot of talking over the past couple of weeks and it is apparent to me now how unhappy he has been, I feel bad for not noticing it before and I didn’t know not seeing Logan would affect him so much since he seemed to be fine when he was on the first tour. He said he was going to ask for a year out so he could be with me and Logan and the meeting with the record company was yesterday so I don’t know the result of that yet. Our wedding is in three days and now I’ve started to get cold feet about it.

“Mam mam!” Logan wailed from his buggy. I tried to best to shush him as I looked up on the board and saw Alex’s plane had finally landed. I was hoping he wouldn’t just walk past us and go home then wonder where we are, I was looking for him frantically out of the crowd of people, I didn’t see anyone and was starting to worry a little, maybe everything got too much for him. What if the meeting didn’t go well last night and he did something stupid? He is in a bad emotional state at the moment. Logan started to cry a little bit so I got him out of his buggy and bounced him up and down in my arms trying to soothe him, this place was probably too noisy for him. I looked on biting my lip still waiting for my husband to be or his friends to come in to my view, the plane landed twenty minutes ago where the hell were they? I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw the tall lanky figure of Jack come walking in to my vision, he saw me and smiled and waved like a little boy. Alex was behind him it looked like he was texting someone on his phone because his head was down and he looked focused, he ignored Jack elbowing him to try and get his attention.

“Jack leave me alone I’m trying to text...Louisa!” He shouted my name as he finally looked up and saw us. I smiled too and with Logan in one arm and pushing the buggy with the other I made my way over to him.

“Surprise!” I shouted as I got to him and gave him a light kiss on the mouth. Alex looked really tired, he looked good still but he looked like he had had a lot of sleepless nights, worrying about everything I presume.

“Hey there little buddy,” Alex exclaimed taking our son from my arms and holding him.

“Daddy has missed you.” He continued and stroked Logan’s hair which I have left to grow.

“Dad dad, dad, dad,” Logan uttered with his fingers wedged in his mouth, he was teething. I smiled as Alex’s smile went from ear to ear.

“That’s right little guy daddy’s back, and he’s going to be around a lot more now.”

“They’re letting you have the year out?”

“Nope. So we’re leaving and signing ourselves to my label, so then I can have as much time off as I please.” Alex smiled and hugged me from the side.

“If that’s what you want.” I leaned my head in to his side, due to the height difference I couldn’t quite reach his shoulder. Logan started to cry a little bit again.

“I think it’s time we put some little man to for a nap,” I said looking at the time and seeing it was eleven am, Logan woke up around six or seven so usually napped just after eleven and woke up in time for lunch, he had a short nap in the afternoon around three too. I was pretty proud he was settled in to a routine.

“Wow sleep sounds amazing,” Alex said putting Logan back in his stroller, I pushed him out of the airport with Alex by my side once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two more to go, some comments might be nice. I hate to ask but it seems as if I don't ask I don't get them.