‹ Prequel: Come one come all

You're Just In Time

Cinq

Louisa's P.O.V

It was weird to have the house to myself to catch up on all the cleaning that had to be done, the house was a state. I know Alex wouldn’t mind because he is used to this state from tour buses but what if someone came in to check on how me and Logan were doing? A midwife, a family member, or someone across the street. They would judge me as a bad mother right away. I dropped Logan off two hours ago but decided to have a nap before I started work because Alex’s parents said they were worried about how tired and drained I looked and asked me if I was ill in anyway. When I was halfway through getting the food stains out of the living room carpet I was disturbed by the door opening, I shot up straight away and kept a tight grip on the cleaning appliance in my hand, ready to spray the intruder’s eyes. When I realised who it was who had walked through the door I dropped everything immediately and rushed over to him hugging him tightly but no so tight I would harm our baby in his arms.

“How on earth have you managed to do this?” I asked almost crying.

“We’ve rescheduled a few shows, we’re going to put them on the end of the tour so I get to spend a week with you and we can sort this out properly yeah?” He kissed the top on my head and I just nodded, not daring to speak again in case I broke down.

Alex’s P.O.V
I could not quite comprehend two things when I walked in to my house, the first being the relief in Louisa’s eyes when she saw me and the second being how drained she really looked. My parents told me she was looking a little gaunt when I went to pick up Logan from them but I wasn’t prepared for this.

“How much sleep did you get last night?” I asked to try and build up a picture as to why she looked ill frankly.

“Two hours.” Her replies were short, not because she was angry with me but because she had no energy I’m guessing.

“Night before that?”

“I didn’t.”

“And the night before?”

“Thirty minutes.”

“No wonder you look ill hun. Why didn’t you ask for help? My parents your parents, Pete, anyone?”

“I didn’t want them to judge me and think I was a bad mother who can’t even look after her own child.” I could not believe what she was saying to me.

“You’re a new mother, I know couples who are always asking for help because they are new at things and need help and you are on your own. Of course people aren’t going to think badly of you hun.” I held her close to me and tried to reassure her I didn’t think she was a bad person, I just wish she would have spoken up sooner. I sent her to bed and assured her I would take care of everything while she was sleeping. In the middle of this I heard my phone go off and upon seeing it was Jack, answered.

“I’ve just been on the internet,” he stated, if this is about another one of these dumb videos he has found I am not going to be happy. I sighed and he continued.

“I’ve been looking up stuff and do you know something called post natal depression? I think Louisa might have it.”

“What do you mean she might have it? Isn’t that serious?”

“It can be if she doesn’t get help. I’ve just sent you the link.”

“Thanks man, I’ll take a look see you later dude.” I hung up, in shock from the fact
Louisa could have this depression and slightly from the fact Jack was being responsible and helping out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm away until Monday so I'm posting two chapters now and the next will be Monday.