Status: Complete <3

Break the Ice

Meeting Some of the Boys

Nicole’s P.O.V

The familiar melody of my cell phone rang out in the silence. I glanced at the caller ID to see it was my brother, Jordan.
“Hey!” I answered the phone in a bright voice.
“Guess what?” Jordan said, with a sound of excitement in his voice.
“Hmmm?”
“I got drafted…by Pittsburgh.” This news thrilled me. Pittsburgh was my favourite team, and the thought of my brother playing for them seemed to be a dream. But dreams can turn into reality I thought silently to myself.
“You still there?” Jordan’s voice rang through my head, making my eager thoughts halt.
“Yeah.”
“Well, I had something to ask you…” I was silently hoping for a certain response. “Would you like to move to Pittsburgh with me?” He asked quickly, almost so fast that I couldn’t understand him.
”Of course I would!” I shouted out, and was wordlessly thanking God that my brother wasn’t here to see me jumping up and down in excitement.

-Two Months Later-

I swiftly grabbed my luggage and ran up to Jordan’s and my apartment. Unpacking wasn’t very time-consuming since we barely brought anything. I sat down on my bed just as the doorbell rang.

I heard two young men’s voices greet each other and I peeked out of my room to see who was at the door.

“Nicki, come out here.” Jordan said. I did as he said and walked up beside him. My mouth nearly dropped to the floor.

“Sidney Crosby…” I said softly shaking his hand. “…Nice to meet you.” I finished.
“It’s a pleasure.” He smiled warmly. “I wondered if you two would like to join me and the guys tonight…Max’s place.” Sidney handed my brother a small piece of paper, which probably had an address written on it.
“See you later.” Sidney waved and walked down the hall to the elevator.
“Oh my gosh.” I exclaimed breathlessly.
“It’s just Sid.” My brother chuckled.
“Just Sidney Crosby?” My eyes widened at my brother and I hit him playfully.

-A few hours later-

I was wearing slightly faded jeans, a pink t-shirt with a white zip-up sweater over top. I slipped on my shoes and ran down the hallway after Jordan. When i reached him I jumped on his back. He laughed and countinued walking. When we got to the car I jumped off, and got in.

In just a few minutes we got to Max's house. Sidney answered the door. "Jordan. Nicole." He smiled kindly.

We entered the house; music was loud, dancing was going on and conversations were being held. Sidney grabbed my hand gently and pulled me over to a couch where Evgeni Malkin, Marc-Andre Fluery and Max Talbot were sitting. "Guys, this is Nicole. She's Jordan Staal's sister."

There was a round of hellos, before Sidney told me to sit down. "Thanks Sid." I smiled.
"Anytime," was his simple response.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if there's a few mistakes, I didn't get to fully edit it.
Hope you enjoy the first chapter, even though it's pretty boring, it'll get much better.
Comment please.

:)