Status: Complete <3

Break the Ice

It's Finally Christmas!

We decided to watch some TV for a while, so we all squished onto the couch. I was pretty tired though so I fell asleep within ten minutes.

Jared’s POV

I looked down. Nicole had her head on my shoulder, asleep. She was always the first to fall asleep, claiming she needed her ‘beauty sleep.’ I was in thought when Jordan nudged me.

“Hey, did she tell you about….?” He whispered to me.
“About what?” I had no idea what he was talking about.
“She didn’t?” He seemed kinda shocked that Nicki didn’t tell me something. We were always really close so this surprised me too.
“No, she didn’t! Just get on with it.”
“Okay, but she did tell you about moving out ri--?”
“What?!”
“Oooh, I guess not.” Jordan seemed a little taken back.
“First off; she moved out from our apartment. We sorta had this fight-it’s all good now though- and she moved in with Sidney.”
I looked at him, “Seriously? Holy crap. Are they like toget-?
“No, they aren’t. They’re just ‘best friends’ as they like to say. But that brings us back to the original topic….”

This did not sound good….

“You know Luke……” Jordan continued.

Great. Oh great. I knew he was no good. What did he do to her?

“The other day…the day of the Christmas party he broke up with her…over a—”
“Don’t tell me a phone call!” I shouted out, then looked to make sure she was still asleep.
“Worse. A text.”
“What?! Are you serious? That jerk….”
“Yeah. She was pretty upset. Tyler and Sid helped her with it though.”
I nodded, “Okay…She’s seemed alright.”
“Yeah, I know. I’m not sure if it’s an act or what. But just look out for her, kay?”
“No worries. You know I will.”

The whole moving bit shocked me, but the thing with Luke really didn’t. He seemed like one of those people who pretend to be all nice and crap, but really isn’t. I’m not sure. Maybe it’s just my over protective-brotherness kicking in. I’m not too sure. I guess I’ll just make sure she’s okay. And if she needs anyone there for her, I’ll be here. But we gotta celebrate, I mean come on…it’s Christmas :)

Nicole’s POV

I woke up at 7:00 with my head resting on Jared’s shoulder. I sat up and looked over at the guys…they were all still asleep.

‘Let’s try this again…’ I thought to myself….

“Jared.” I shook him lightly. “Jared….” This was it… “I have something to tell you, superman’s not real.”
“Yes he is!” He shouted.

I burst out laughing. Jared’s hand had hit Jordan in the face, so he woke up. And the other two woke up by the screaming.

“God, I love you guys!” I ran up the steps to go upstairs.

No POV

Eric laughed, “I heard she got you twice with that now Jared.”
Jared shook his head, “She is so…..”
“Evil!” Marc chirped in.
Jared laughed, “Yes she can be, but she’s our little sister.”
“Yup. Our little sister, that practically abuses us.” Jordan added in.
“Yeah. And we better get upstairs before she opens up our presents. Go, go, go!” Eric yelled, running up the stairs with the others behind him.

Nicole’s POV

“Guys I’m gunna start opening your pres-”
“Told you so! I told you she would. Good thing we got up here when we did.” That was Eric. I guess he was telling them what to do again. Gotta love that guy.

Our parents were surprisingly up, and sitting on the couch when we all went to sit near the tree again.

We started ripping open all the presents with our names on them. “Marc! You got me a friggin video camera! I love you bro!” I jumped over and tackled Marc into a hug. He had known how bad I’ve wanted one…it has had to have been years.
“Love you too!” He replied laughing.

The next thing I opened was an envelope. I read the card, and found out it was from Jared. And looked down at the ground to see what fell out when I opened it.

“Wolves tickets?!” I looked over at Jared, and he nodded. He’s been playing for the Sudbury Wolves for the past few seasons and I hadn’t gotten to see a game yet.
“There’s tickets for two games. One’s a Friday, and the other is for the next day. You can stay at my apartment for the weekend. Sorry to say you’ll have to leave your precious Pittsburgh.”
“Sounds awesome Jared! You’re the best!” I had a huge smile on my face.

“Okay…this is priceless Nicki. Yo Jordan look, I got a cool build-a-bear and you didn’t.” I burst out laughing. Yes I did give Eric a build-a-bear. It was a normal bear, but it had hockey equipment on and a ‘Staal’ Canes’ jersey.

We finished with presents and decided to go out and play some outdoor hockey. Once we were ready in the backyard, we split into our normal teams; Eric and Jordan vs. Marc, Jared and I. The two youngest always stuck together! And Marc was kind of just there…..kidding...kidding.
Marc and Jordan took the faceoff.

“Come on Marc; don’t lose the face off to that loser!” I laughed. Yes, I was the instigator and bully on and off the ice…It doesn’t matter if I’m the youngest or the only girl.
“Oh, I’m the loser? Look who still thinks Superman’s real….” He poked at Jared.
“I do not think he’s real it’s just a refl-”
“Okay guys. Just shut up. We’re all losers! Whoot!” I smiled and the game started.
Jordan and Eric ended up winning, 4-2. Dang.

Later on….

My phone started ringing. I picked it up and flipped it open.
“Heyy.” I answered.
“Nicki!” Said a voice from the other line.
I froze up, unable to speak.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooooooh. Who could it be? I know......but do you guys? :-#
Make my day...leave me a comment =D