11:11 PM

Chapter 6

Bailey and Matt decided to go out for lunch since it had been awhile since either of them had eaten. They stopped at an In-N-Out because it was easy and they both liked it. After ordering their lunch, they took seats in a booth and wordlessly started eating. After a few minutes of silence Bailey spoke first. “Sorry about earlier,” she told him sheepishly. She could feel the tension between them, and she wanted to clear it so they could enjoy the rest of the day.

Matt shrugged. “It’s ok.”

Bailey nodded. She knew it wasn’t okay, but Matt obviously didn’t feel like talking about it so she didn’t say anything more.

He finished eating before she did. He leaned back into his seat and took a drink of his Coke. “Okay, so why did you want me to stop holding your hand earlier? And an actual answer would be nice.”

Bailey shrugged, not looking up. She dipped a fry in ketchup and swirled it around, then popped it in her mouth. She looked him in the eyes finally and shrugged again. “I don’t know; it just makes everything hard. You know?”

He stopped for a minute, trying to figure out what she meant. When he couldn’t, he shook his head and said, “No, sorry. Explain?”

Frustrated that she couldn’t get it into words, Bailey threw her hands up trying to explain what she meant. “It’s just… you know how we said you never really fall out of love with someone? Well that still holds true, Matt. You still give me butterflies when you touch me and those butterflies result in me not being able to think clearly. And I need to think clearly if I’m going to figure this,” she said, gesturing between the two of them, “Out. Now do you get it?”

He shrugged. “Yeah, I guess so. I mean, I get why you wanted me to stop, but I don’t know why it’s so important if we can’t think clearly,” he smirked at her.

She laughed lightly and rolled her eyes, taking a drink of her Sprite. “Because, not thinking would mean I’d make the wrong choice.”

“Regarding?”

“Us, you and me, everything.”

Matt nodded slowly. “Okay then, let me make it a little easier for you. Come on tour with us.”
Bailey sighed. “We’ve been over this, Matt.”

“There is absolutely no reason why you couldn’t Bai. You have a job, yes, but you could leave it. You’re friends will still be here when you get back, you’re house will still be here; California’s not going anywhere. I, on the other hand, am.”

She scowled. It was as if he was giving her an ultimatum. “I’m not going to drop everything for you Matt; it’s been five years. If you were here for a few more weeks and we got to spend some more time together, then maybe I could. But you aren’t. What if I come along and we realize we can’t stand each other anymore? Then what? I come back here and we never speak again? Yeah, sounds awesome.”

Matt shrugged his shoulders. He wanted to argue with her, but Bailey could be stubborn. It was usually her way or the highway. But he strongly believed they weren’t going to hate each other. As she said, you don’t just fall out of love with someone. Somewhere, deep down, they still loved each other. You don’t just start hating someone you loved. It doesn’t happen, unless you never loved them in the first place.

“Bailey, you and I both know that won’t happen.”

“How do you know Matt? How can you be so sure?”

“Weren’t you the one who said you don’t just fall out of love with someone? We still love each other; we won’t start hating each other by spending more time together. I’m sure of it.”

Bailey sighed. “Can we drop this for right now? I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Fine.”

After the lunch was finished, the two left the In-N-Out and continued their walk through the city with no destination in mind.

The tension was still there. Bailey was annoyed with Matt’s persistency, however cute it might be. Matt was trying to figure out how to convince the brunette that it would in fact be a good idea.

They spent the day walking around the city. They didn’t bring up the status of the relationship anymore, which was a relief to Bailey, an annoyance to Matt.

After eating dinner, they called a cab to pick them up and go to some party Alex had called about.

They stood silently on the sidewalk waiting. Bailey suddenly turned to Matt. “Matt, I…” she paused because this was hard for her to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think she's going to say?

Sonya ( http://member.mibba.com/62686/ ) wrote most of this. I wrote the ending, I know it sucks. And it's short, sorry.

Oh and coke > pop, just saying (:

I suck, really. I really had no plan with this story when I first started writing, so I don't know what to do with it. What do you want? I'm all ears.

I'm writing this, a Jack story, and the CSS sequel, the last two aren't posted, and won't be until I basically finish.