Forgotten Fueds

Arrangements For Hogsmeade

“Today we will be brewing a simple potion but there is no doubt that most of you will mess it up” Professor Snape drawled the next morning to his 6th year potions class.
He cast a side wards glance at Neville Longbottom who shifted uncomfortably in his stool. There was no doubt about it that Neville was the worst potions student to ever cross through Severus’ dungeon. Perhaps except for a certain werewolf that Severus had had the misfortunes of going to school with.

“I will write the ingredients up on the blackboard and you all know where the ingredients cupboard is located” he continued. Severus turned his back on the class and wrote up: 1 pound of Earthworm powder.
A teaspoon of crushed Fire Ant eggs. A tablespoon of blue elixir.

“It is a cure for a tooth ace, and it is very simple” he announced looking towards the Gryffindors. “You will add all ingredients together. Allow it to simmer for 5 minutes. Stir clockwise 14 times, and then anti-clockwise 7 times. Is that clear?”
There was a sea of nodding heads and the class rose to collect the ingredients.

“Mr Malfoy come here” called Severus through the crowd of teenagers.
Draco pushed and shoved his way past the Gryffindors, smiling when he made Neville drop a glass jar which shattered into a thousand pieces.
“You know how to perform a simple repairing charm Longbottom” Severus barked turning his back on the rest of the class.
“Draco, your father tells me things have been icy between you and your mother lately” said Severus looking up at the young teenager before him.
Draco’s eyes flashed dangerously and he looked at the floor.

“Things aren’t well at all Godfather” he said after a moment of silence “She’s trying to marry me off unwillingly”
Severus smirked at his godchild. “You’re from a very wealthy family Draco, being married off is part of the deal”
“That’s what father said!” spat the young Slytherin in pure disgust. “But I didn’t ask to be born into a wealthy family. Why is it that you aren’t married?” Severus leaned back in his chair. “Your from one of the most wealthiest families the wizarding world has ever seen, pure blood or not!”
Severus rolled his eyes “We’ll discuss this later Dragon, I have an accident waiting to happen with Longbottom and Potter is annoying me”

Draco Malfoy smirked as he watched his Godfather remove Neville from the store cupboard for fear of a fire or worse. It was great having Severus as a Godfather, even if he had betrayed the Dark Lord. But he has turned many a death eater over to the good side. Draco’s father being one of them. For a long time Lucius Malfoy had suspected betrayal in Severus Snapes part. When Severus finally made it known Lucius shut him out of the Malfoy family’s lives, with the intentions of never again keeping company with him. But it wasn’t until Severus came under threat from former death eaters and was badly injured that Lucius finally plucked up the courage to convert his old ways.

There’s still that ounce of evil in the Malfoy’s , and they continue to practice the dark arts. But what Slytherin doesn’t? Even Severus is keeping in touch with his dark art talents, only to be on the sharp edge though. Darkness has lifted and the wizarding world is at peace. Why ruin it?
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

At dinner that night Severus was shocked into silence.
“As you all know, 3rd year students and all those above are allowed to visit the village of Hogsmeade” the headmaster announced to the great hall. “All those below must remain inside the school grounds. Christmas is nearing and I’m sure you’re all just bursting to waste your pocket money on Christmas presents and chocolate frogs, and for the pranksters” he continued diverting his gaze to rest upon the Weasley twins. “There is the wonderful Zonko’s. Although I should remind you all that a full list of joke items that have been banned from the corridors is located on the door of Mr. Filtches office”

The students in the great hall let out an exasperated sigh. Filtch, the miserable caretaker always found a way to stop the between-class-laughs. Mr Filtch however, was standing in the corner looking very pleased with himself.

“Now as a precautionary due to increased levels of violence that has been noted in the Hogs head, teachers will be assigned to certain groups of students” Dumbledore told them through there outcry of teenage noises. “You will find a complete list hanging in each common room, there will be no changes made. Now enjoy your feast”

Dishes of potatoes, peas, carrots, roast beef, chicken, ham, chips and any other food that was imaginable to a restaurant appeared in front of the students and the teachers.
“You aren’t really serious are you Albus?” asked Severus, a look of horror on his face.
“About what?” asked the headmaster sipping fresh pumpkin juice from a magnificent goblet and smacking his lips “wonderful”
“About teachers having to accompany students into Hogsmeade tomorrow, in groups?”
Albus smiled and laughed lightly “Dear Severus, the fresh air will do you the world of wonder. You’ve been locked up in that dungeon since the term began brewing only Merlin knows what!”

Severus felt his ears tinge a slight red. Not with embarrassment, but with anger. Dumbledore knows very well that he does not stay locked up in that dungeon without a good reason. If it wasn’t for him being locked up on that dungeon Albus would never have gotten over the flu in time for start of year, and Professor Sprout certainly would not have been able to save her Mandrake from a swarm of Krunts, nasty mole like creatures that fed off of live plants and usually dried out the soil, and from what Severus remembered it was thanks to his dedication of being locked up in that dungeon that Wolfgang next to him could retain his human mind during the full moon.

“I’ll thank you to know headmaster that everything I do in that dungeon is beneficial to this school” said Severus through clenched teeth.
“Very true Severus” applauded the headmaster “But I’ve already paired you up with Remus here, and Im very sure you’ll be getting complaints soon enough from a certain number of your Slytherins about them having to go with a certain group of Gryffindors”

Alongside Severus, Remus spluttered into his drink and received a wallop on the back from Hagrid.
“Sir, do you think that wise?” Remus asked rather forcefully looking beyond Severus’ look of disgust and pure hatred. “Pairing a group of Slytherins up with the Gryffindors!?”
“Don’t pride yourself Lupin” spat Severus “My Slytherins aren’t the only house that insist on making trouble.”
“I didn’t mean it like that Severus” said Lupin “I only meant that it’s very well known that those two houses don’t get along”
Hagrid cleared his throat alongside Remus and mumbled into his dinner plate “ An neither do the teachers assigned to take care of ‘um”

Albus banged his fork onto the table. Remus jumped and gave Severus a side look. He looked perfectly calm, as if this was something he was used to.
“I will hear no more complaints at this table tonight!” he warned gruffly, drawing the attention of a couple of students “ You two will be respectful adults tomorrow, and you will look after the students you are supposed to look after. Two grown men like this having petty arguments.”

Severus rolled his eyes and glared down at the students below, just daring one of them to let a smirk pass there lips. “Now here Severus” said Albus calmly dropping apple tart onto his plate “Try this, you too Remus”
Both men accepted the pieces of pie and turned there attention back to trying to look a little less aggravated then usual. Beside them, Professor Dumbledore looked to Professor McGonagall and rolled his eyes.