Don't Wake The Darkness

Rush's Boy

I scurried from the table and into the bathroom. How did the monsters follow me out here? How did they know where I am? They’ll always know Frankie, they know where you are, what you’re doing, what you plan against them. I closed my eyes, but opened quickly when I saw the mirror in front of me.

The spot where blood had been visible, the spot where I fucking knew the blood was, was not. I touched my face; it was warming already and no signs of blood or any red substance on my cheek. Just a memory of a tiny kiss left by an acquaintance, a very friendly one at that.

I tried to reflect over in my mind what he looked like, and he did look rather inviting. He seldom showed emotion but it didn’t bother me. At least, not too much I mean no one is like me. No one has these sorts of fears. I am alone in my city of terror so normal people must not show it as much as I do.

I walked out of the fast food joint and looked at my watch. It was time for me to return soon or Greta will give me the nightshift Wednesday as well. Greta knew how weary I was of the darkness and just night in general. She said that I needed to “man up” and stop being a pussy. I agreed, I mean that’s why all my past relationships failed.

Let’s see, I thought walking into the store again, fastening my name tag on my pocket. There was Lydia who I dated my freshman year that was a dud to begin with. She came over to my house one day and I kissed her for the very first time.

Guess who comes to ruin my mood? Yes, Mr. fucking spider that’s who! He just crawls right up on the couch mocking me. I tried to tell myself to be calm, that it was more afraid of me than I was of it. But Lydia screamed, and that did it for me.

I ran from the living room up on the long staircase, I stumbled a few times and grasped the top step for deal life. Heading into my room I closed and locked my door. My Mother came home, Lydia left, and I didn’t come out of my room for almost a day.

You may be thinking, what’s with all this monster mumbo jumbo? It’s not real! Ha, foolish people they are real! And they’re watching you this very second. One is drooling over your homework, its hairy body spreading bugs all over your bed. It’s clawing up your stuff; it’s waiting for you to find it. It’s even reading over your shoulder. Yes they can turn invisible. That’s the scariest part.

Okay, okay enough with the jokes and enough with the mocking. I am not lying to you I am just making sure you know how to protect yourself. Besides, monsters are child’s play when it comes to the boogy man. Stop it! Don’t even think about him! He knows you’re thinking-oh shit Frank what are we going to do? He’s gonna come to get us!”

I gulped, I finished work today and it was already four in the afternoon. I forgot one of the most important rules of the well, “you-know-who”. No matter what, under any circumstance, never think of the boogy man. I already knew he was worse news then the monsters, even the monsters wouldn’t dare challenge the boogy man.

The boogy man has fucked with me ever since I was eight years old, when he got me where he dwells the most, the closet. Everybody knows the boogy man loves the closet; it’s always facing your bed and its small space. It’s perfect for a boogy to live and make plans to make your life living hell that is until he drags you down to hell.

Quit talking about the god damn boogy man! My inner voice had screamed at me, but I guess I should listen, I rather have the monsters the well, him. When I got home everything was just quiet. But not peaceful quiet, it was an eerie sort of buzzing silence.

I saw my dogs lying on the couch, I reached out to pet them and they awoke, licking my hands. “Hey girls, did ya miss me?” I asked, petting their bellies as they barked and wiggled around.

“Not as much as I missed you.” I heard a voice behind me, I jumped but I didn’t dare face the voice. I cowered and let out a tiny squeal and I felt a hand on my back.

“Relax, seriously is that how you treat an old friend?” I looked behind me and saw none other then the Rush boy.

I couldn’t help but say “How the hell did you get in my house?” So, it was a little demanding, but the dude scared the crap out of me!

“Uh Frankie, you still keep your spare keys located under a fucking welcome mat. Who the hell has welcome mats anymore you dork!?” I sighed, apologized and he smiled.

“I was in town and I saw your Mom, she told me where you were staying so I decided to pop by for old time’s sake.” I sighed; I knew what was coming next.

“I am not; I repeat I am not watching any scary movie with you end of story.” I held up my hands and pushed him out of my way.

“Dude come the fuck on! I thought you were over being such a scardy cat in high school.” He laughed and took out a movie in his black bag.

“I did, I just don’t like scary movies.” So I lied, you would too if you always got made fun of.

“Oh please! I promise I will stay the night if I do, it will be a sleep over!” I rolled my eyes and cocked an eyebrow.

“How old are you again?” I asked and he pushed me over.

“Twenty-fucking one and I am legal to drink! Look I’ll go make pop corn, set up the movie, you go grab the mail I saw the lady walk by.”

I groaned and got the mail at the end of the road, on my way walking back I stopped to look at the ground. I then realized I never made a spare key for this house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh....dun dun daaa.
Wow so many subscribers already?
i decided to start deds. and Deds for this chapter is for all my subscribers.
If you are a subscriber please put that in a comment so I can thank you personally!
See ya!