Don't Wake The Darkness

Blanket Whisper

I walked back in, trying to shove my revelation out of my head. What if he could hear my thoughts? That was something I wasn’t willing to risk, and if he knew he might attack. So I stuck with going inside and pretending I didn’t know any better. Hoping, praying that everything will go right. Sadly I didn’t know what I was agreeing to.

Three hours later it’s safe to say I’m fucked. Mikey had picked out Dead Silence of all movies and now not only do I have to protect myself from the dark, but now I have to make sure my mouth is closed and not to scream. For those of you who don’t know, the movie was about a woman who was a ventriloquist. To not spoil it all for you, just make sure you don’t scream when you see her ghost in your dreams. That is, if you love your tongue.

“I’m gonna go to bed.” I had announced, I saw that Mikey had not done anything suspicious really, other then flinging popcorn at my head once in a while.

“Need me to hold your hand?” Now his smile was what got to me, I then realized I wouldn’t have a good sleep tonight with Mikey here. There was no possible way I could trust him, or even possibly it.

“No, I’ll be fine.” I smiled at him, dusting off my under lying fear hoping that it fell under his radar. I turned to face the stairs when I played off watching him on my way up by teasing my littlest pug to follow me.

Walking up the steps I made sure the lights were on bright, I masked my fear as I got into my room and closed the door. I made sure my blankets were wrapped around me tightly and up to my chin, just in case I needed to pull them over my head and hide from you-know-who.

--

My mind played a trick on me that night; at least it’s what I tried to tell myself. I woke up around three in the morning to small whispers. I let my eyes open just a slit, in case any gremlins were wondering about waiting for me to wake up I could easily pretend to be asleep.

But the whispers, they were not tiny and high pitch. They held this human flair and I could feel that someone or something was watching me. I rolled over nonchalantly on my left side facing my closet.

To my surprise it was open, but just a tiny crack. I didn’t dare freak or make too much note of it. I just pulled my blanket up higher, no matter how much I was sweating and I closed my eyes. The whispers stopped and I fell into a light sleep.

I woke up to find my closet door closed all the way, I shook my head and passed it off as my mind. I’ve come to terms with intense therapy that although the monsters, the gremlins, and the well anything is real, that my mind can also play games with my head.

I saw Mikey downstairs putting on his jacket and getting ready to leave. I could smell coffee and alcohol on him and I asked him where he was going. He didn’t respond, just walked towards my door and I then grabbed him, remembering something.

“Hey, before you leave can you give me your brother’s number?” He looked at me strangely then scuffed.
“You’re crazy and delusional aren’t you?” He rolled his eyes and used a black and grey scarf to choke his neck with and walked down the street.

“What the hell are you talking about Mikey?” He then proceeded to pull on his scarf, showing me bruising skin and deep imprints.

“Don’t you play fucking games Iero!” He slammed into his car, which I didn’t even notice was here yesterday, he didn’t even have a car yesterday!

“Please, just give me your brother’s number!” He then put the car in reverse and gave me one last stare and said.

“Iero, you are fucked up worse then I thought, I don’t have a fucking brother!” And he drove away, and I could swear as I entered the house the whispering started up again. And a tad bit of laughter. I wanted to tell these things to leave me the fuck alone but I was too scared as always and settled for groaning loudly.

It wasn’t five minutes later I got a text message from an “unknown” caller who had typed.

“Blankets can’t save cowards.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for this being kinda short.
Been busy and sick a bit.
Deds to all those who subscribed!