Status: Very unlikely to be finished.

How to Kill a Vampire in Ten Days

Monday 2:35p.m.

The ghost town of the school's cafeteria, never supported much life after school hour's were finished. It's rows upon rows of empty tables were the only solid existing matter, not including the walls, that were propped in the white room. The musky air was most likely the cause for this phenomenon.

"Lady Kirby you are acting out of character today. Are you perhaps waiting for an accomplice?" The vampire questioned Katherine's daily schedule.

"Well, I can actually talk to come one here, not saying any names, with out making my self look like a dumb ass. It was either here or the bathroom, and I'll pass for the bathroom because I already pulled one of those." Kirby said sitting down at the farthest table to the left trying, but failing, to brush of the conversation. Continuing she said, " Well, Brian said he wanted to 'catch up'. I think he said."

Katherine started to more and more pay ill attention to Vernon as her direction of sight was focused out a window at the right end of the rectangular table. He eye's were easily, and quickly, glazed over with a saddened tint making the mood between the two become dull. Dull and depressing.

Not being able to help much, Vernon, tried to pick up the pace and mood of their conversation by apologizing on his "others" behalf for this morning in class. Katherine's mood only slightly lightened and replied with a gesture of "Is that what you think I'm moping about?"

The two got frustrated with what seemed to be an endless guessing game, and once again the air was motionless and musky.

"It's tomorrow." said Katherine quietly to her companion still empty minded watching a flock of birds fly by.

"May I have permission to ask what the occasion is?" Said he, sitting down on the opposite end of the long table directly across from Katherine's seat.

Surprise struck across Katherine's face. Finally looking the vampire straight in the face She began to turn a light rosy pink and asked if he truthfully wanted to know what was tomorrows occasion, or he was just, some how, going to try to twist the subject and cheer his Miss up, and brighten her spirits. But, the the truth about tomorrow was not a day of cheer and gay thoughts. It was a day of sorrow in the Kirby family, and more heavily for Brian.

Both Katherine and Vernon heard faint light footsteps coming in the direction of the cafeteria. A question followed when the footsteps stopped in their place. The person asked, "Katherine are you talking to yourself?"

The door opened and in the door way stood Brian Kirby half disheveled in appearance and in breath. When he saw his younger sister all alone in the back corner of the room he gave a ear to ear smile at her.

It was Katherine's turn to ask the question with, "What happened to you?! Do I want to know?"

"Bio lab."

"Ok, no I don't really want to know."

A small chuckle came from the young man as he scratched the back of his head and made another pleasing smile. By now he was already at the far end table. Vernon decided to excuse himself from the table, just in case Mr. Kirby wanted to be seated at the table, and so he did.

The mood in the room became dense once again and the subject was brought back to tomorrow's date when the girl asked, "Are you gonna be in because of tomorrow?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright I used the word gay as in happy, but, hey! They used to use it in literature all the time, right?

Comment please. It makes the updates come faster.
(really it does.)