Status: Finished

Killing Joy

Nicky B.

Here I was, in the middle of my dormitory room alone where my roommate should had at least said goodbye to me because I was going to go back to my hometown. But she was nowhere in sight because she busied herself with the university enrollment that she took in New Zealand. I hope the best for her, but it was kinda sad without her in my last day in England.
Like you read, I was in England. I’ve got a scholarship from my middle school to continue my schooling in James Sheppard Highschool for 3 years. But this day was my last day because I had graduated, and I guess I’d be leaving the prom.

In two days time, I’d be turning nineteen and I guessed it would be fun if I go back to States. I stared at my room and then stood up, you know that time I was really sad because finally I’d leave the place where I spent my most of the time.

When I was enjoying myself looking out for the room, my cellphone interrupted me with its amazing shriek. I jumped a bit and then picked it up. I smiled when I saw the caller ID.
“Baby… how’s it going?” it was my mom who called from Baltimore, and I was like jumping happily hearing her voice.

“MOM!” I squealed, “I’m great,” I smiled widely because I was sure my mom was going to tell me something special because my birthday was approaching.

“I know, honey. So, tomorrow you’ll be here again, won’t you?”

“Yeah!” man, I couldn’t stop squealing.

I heard my mom laughed, “It was like you’re already know something, baby”

“Absolutely” see? She was hiding some surprise for me. My mom always prepared something big for my birthday. Like in my sixteenth birthday, she asked my principal to give me a week day off. She said that she needed me to get back to Baltimore because there’s something urgent, but when I got there… she threw a special birthday party just for me with my closest friends back in middle school, my relatives and even she invited dad. Too bad my brother didn’t make it because he was busy with his band. But so far, the party was freaking awesome.
Wasn’t your mom crazy if she dared to ask the principal to have her daughter for an urgent day off with no other for badass birthday party? No, your mom wasn’t crazy, she was more like COOL.

And then when I turned seventeen, my mom threw another party. But this time, she and my bestfriends went straight to England just for me. That entire day, me, my roommate, my mom and my bestfriend had a great girls day out which in the night they needed to go back to Baltimore of course since my bestfriends also had their own school life.

And the last but not least, my nineteenth birthday. I didn’t know what my mom was going to plan this year, I was sure it was freaking awesome. I forget to tell you, that I was born to be some filthy rich kid. My mom was the owner of Jewelry company, she was damn rich. I couldn’t ask for more except for my dad. She divorced with my dad about seven years ago which made her a widow until today. I loved my dad, so she always invited him in my birthday except in my seventeenth birthday.

My mom always indulged me with everything, but she encouraged me not to be whiney and I have to stay independent. She said if I became independent, she would get me something big for me and she did. I decided to go to England so I could show her my independence and like she said, she prepared everything big for me. Like my birthday parties, and new car for my seventeenth birthday. Maybe I wasn’t legal yet, but she gave me.
She gave me money to go shopping for some new clothes and shoes but with limitation of course as she promised not to indulge me too much.

I just hoped this year, my dad was going to come again. And my big brother, mannn.. I was so missing him! He wasn’t able to attend my last 2 years of birthday since he was busy with his creeping fame band.
“Alright then, since you already know that ‘something’, I order you to get back here as soon as possible” my mom laughed, just so you know she was always hyper.

“Mom, flights have plans” I chuckled

“Since when?” I could picture her smirking, “I have sent you a nice jet to England, and it will arrive maybe around 9 PM”

My eyes burst out into shock, “YOU DID!!?? OH MY GOD, MOM!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. My mom never sent her own jet to me because she thought I’d be spoiled and decided to vice versa to Baltimore whenever I missed her. But that time, she was being so generous to me, oh maybe because this is my last time in England. I felt sad with the pilot, I guessed he just arrived back in Baltimore about 3 days but then he needed to get back to England for picking me up. But yay me!

“Yes honey, and you need to expect some real mad super duper eighteenth birthday party since I sent you a special accommodation”

“My goodness, mom… I can’t expect more. I think I’m gonna die when I see how crazy the party will be” I just found myself grinning like Joker untiringly. “Mommy, thank you so much”

“Anytime, honey”

“Will dad be there?” I asked biting my lip

“I have no idea, baby… I called him but the answering machine always answered it it, so no guarantees”

I pouted and sighed. I really wanted my dad attends my party.

“So, see you here then… have a nice trip, baby” I chuckled and yeah-ed to her as she hung the phone.

XXX

Reese, my roommate didn’t appear until my departure, so I just left the message through her voicemail. Too bad, I couldn’t hug her for the last time, but I left the message that we’d be meeting again some other time when we hit the holiday, of course.

I hit the send button while the flying attendant, or let’s call her Cassie was putting her hands on her hips watching me.
“Girl, I’ve already told you, we’re going. Now, turn off you freaking phone!” she mocked angrily followed by chuckles when I pouted

“Right Cassie. No worries, I just sent my roommate some goodbye message” I said grinning

“Okay,” she sent a smile and then disappeared to the cockpit. I rested my head on the window next to me watching the glimmering Edinburgh in night. City in the night always beautiful, I kinda addicted to see the breathtaking scenery.
But when the sight of illuminations disappeared, I sighed and turned off the light above my head. Cassie gave me some supper and then we talked for awhile.

She wished me on my prebirthday because she was sure she wouldn’t be able attending my party. And after I yawned, she excused herself to get back to her room leaving me so I could hit some rest.

I ducked my hands into my purse and then I touched the skin of my iPod. I let it out and plugged both of the headphones onto my ears. I played some slow music to lull me straight forward to sleep just wishing I’d be in Baltimore when I open my eyes.

XXX

When I opened my eyes, still I was surrounded with white clouds which meant we hadn’t arrived yet. That was sucks, as I asked Cassie for the millionth times when will we be arrive. Cassie always groaned and encouraged me to be patient. It was still 8 hours left.
So I decided to turn on the TV in front of me and played some movie. I watched Madagascar 2, well I always enjoyed myself watching cartoon so what? I laughed whenever Gloria appeared; I loved Gloria she was like my most favorite character there.

But when the movie even hadn’t reached its end, I fell asleep again. I lost my conscious like a cow. I wasted my entire time with sleeping, call me sleepy head but I don’t care.

Then, when I opened my eyes for the second time, I smiled widely because I could see the city below me. I asked Cassie if we were transited there because of the gas but she said no. the plane had refilled the gas while I was sleeping and so it meant we were already there. Baltimore, I’m coming.

We landed about an hour and then giddily I climbed out from the plane and met a mini car that was going to pick me up from the plane to airport. The driver guy greeted me while another guy lifted my bags to the mini car. I was so excited and I didn’t forget to thank Cassie plus the pilot who I didn’t know his name was. We said our goodbyes and the driver guy then drove me to the airport, he said my mother was waiting for me.

“MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed out loud which I was sure everybody shot a weird look at me but I didn’t care. I shoved myself into my mom’s hug and kissed her adoringly “I’M MISSING YOU DAMN DAMN DAMN MUCH!!!” I said planting another kiss to her. She giggled and returned my kiss on the cheek

“MEE TOO SWEETHEART!” my mom screamed back like a teenie and I laughed at her. Our butler, Andrew was there too so I hugged him longily. It was the three of us, nobody made it even my big brother.

“Where’s Jackapoo, mom?” I asked innocently while Andrew dragged my bags into the car.

“You know where” she shrugged

“Durrr..i hate him” I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest childishly followed wit my mom’s giggles.

“He’s with his bandmates, you know he’s been busy lately with tours”

“But mom, can he just pick me up? For his little sister?!! Little does he know I’m missing him badly!” I groaned and climbed into the luxurious car that my mom’s got.

My mom just smiled weakly and then Andrew started the car. In the entire trip, I pouted because really I missed Jack so much, he never knew it. I missed his goofy face, his sexual jokes and his immature act, he always became my best friend but that time he even didn’t appear, not even his streak.

When I got home, I ran into the house and greeted every staff with smile. They said they missed me too, I was glad. And then up up up, I went to upstairs and heard something soundly room. I leaned on the room as I opened the door.

At my astonishment, there was Jack my stupid brother was strumming his guitar while another guy with brunette hair was looking at me in shocked. Another two were looking up at me too and then started to do something I didn’t expect.
Jack lit up his head to me and then suddenly cursed at himself.

“On one, two, three” said Jack commanding his entire friend. Then they started to sing some weird song that I’d never heard of but it was about welcoming because I heard the refrain lyrics was, “Welcome back to Baltimore, princess”. The singer’s voice wasn’t too bad, because practically I listened to them in my time in England, they broke the mainstream in UK and my friends told me that the band was good. So I listened to them without knowing it was my brother’s band.
But one day, when I was hanging on some CD store, I saw my goofy brother’s face displayed in New Release’s section with all his bandmates. My jaw was dropt so I began to listen at them. I never knew my brother’s obsession became so wild like that, they’re famous instantly even in UK!

The singer, who I never bothered to know about his name stopped singing. He took a breath then smiled to me.
“Welcome back to Baltimore, princess” he said with sweat all over his face. Somehow I found he was hot with wetness like that.

I played my role as I folded my arms over my chest, glaring at Jack.

“You weren’t there in the bloody airport, Jack!” I said hinting some my British accent.

“Holy balls, sissy.. I’m really sowie..” Jack grinned slinging off his guitar and put it down. He withdrew his hands and threw his face to me. He gave a breaking ribs hug as I let out a pain groan. I punched him playfully and pulled away from him

“I hate you, Bassam!” I said calling his middle name. Jack never liked when I called his middle name because he thought it was awfully weird.

“NO! Don’t you dare calling me like that, Penelope!” he spat back my middle name, “Shit, your name isn’t as weird as mine” he dumbfounded. I couldn’t help smiling so I smiled. I laughed and jumped into his arms wrapping his lanky figure.

I bit his shoulder playfully like I used to do as my affection to him, man…. I loved my brother. “Thanks for the welcoming song thingy, I’m pretty flattered” I grimaced

I heard the singer guy snorted, “This guy has been preparing that song for the entire week, just so you know”

“And he forced us to arrange the instruments” said another guy in the back of drums

“Quite sucks for us in our frustration of our last tour” the guy with semi afro hair which I really liked his cute voice added.

“Hey.. this about my sister, dudes” Jack protested

“Oh great Jack, you always commented whenever I tried to make some music for my girlfriend but you forced us to make music for your sister” said the singer rolling his eyes

I heard the drummer laugh, “Oh come on Alex, do you even have girlfriend? Everytime you make music is about the sexual things… for your groupies” so his name is Alex? Nice name, but euuwww for is habitual

“Man, I did that for—“ Alex was about to protest more but Jack cut him off

“Enough guys, we’re here because of my little yummy sister” he said goofily and I was laughing. Jack smirked to me, “Nicky, this is my band. Guys, this is Nichole my sister” Jack grabbed my shoulder and leaned me on him.

“Hiya, Nicky” said the entire boys grinning at me.

“This is Rian Dawson, my drummer” Jack pointed the drummer while Rian waved frantically at me

“That is Merry” said Jack laughing while Merry glared at him

“It’s Zach, you pig!” oh, his name is Zach. Cute voice and cute name and cute face too. “Zachary Merrick, Nicky” he grinned to me.

“And..” Jack said but then was cut off as the Alex guy approached me with wink. Shit, I found he’s awesome! He took my palm and kissed it back like a prince charming does in every Disney’s movie.

“Alex Gaskarth, at your service” I swore I could swoon at the moment of time but I decided not to because I thought it’s stupid. Of course!

“Nichole Barakat” I said shyly to him, man… he’s so charming! I love his brunette, it looked so sexy and his sweat and his eyes, and, and, and everything about him. Shit! I sounded so teenie. What would Reese say if she knew All Time Low is my brother’s band and I had chance to have my palm being kissed by Alex Gaskarth?
I bet she would scream and kill me. In fact, Reese was in love with All Time Low too much. An unhealthy obsession.

Suddenly Jack pulled me away from Alex, “No more in two feet away, Gaskarth. I told you” Jack stuck out his tongue to Alex

“Hey, I didn’t know that your sister is freaking hot! I wouldn’t have dared to stay far from her, mate” what did he say? Did he say I’m hot or people could call it sexy? I swore the scarlet crept on my cheek badly.

“Jeez” I responded

Then, Jack turned my body to face him, he put his hands on my shoulder and bore his eyes into my orbs deeply
“Nichole Penelope Barakat, you will not never ever be around Alexander William Idiot Gaskarth, won’t you?” said Jack seriously to me like he used to do when we were young. He said with that tone when he told me not to eat dirt like he did, or not to walk naked around the house like he did, or not to run into the rain like he did. He told me that when we were still in primary school. He banned me everything while he did those things, that was kinda sucks but I found it sweet.

“Jackaroo… you’re mean” I faced Alex who was already pouting

I laughed, “But why, Jackapoo? He seems sweet” I winked at him letting his eyes sparkled happily

“No he’s not, he’s just…”

“Nicky, just trust your big bro” Rian added with Zach laughed melodically. I couldn’t help to laugh when I spotted Alex growing cry face.

“Alright then, Jack. I hear you and Rian” I laughed slyly with Alex groaned annoyingly.

“I know you won’t, Nicky. I’ll lure you to..” Alex plastered some childish smile across his face.

Soon after, my mom came into the room and then invited the boys to have some dinner because it was already dinner time. Jack gave me a piggy ride with his skinny back toward the dining room. I always loved piggy ride.

“Girl… what did you eat in England, huh?” Jack said putting me down.

“You mean I’m fat?!” I faked my anger and punched is chest lightly. Jack just giggled as he ruffled my hair. Soon, the boys sat on the dining chair with me and my mom waiting for the maid serving the dinner.

“So… you were in England?” abruptly Alex shot at me with palms folded.

“Yeah, I got a scholarship to go to their highschool” I nodded while I felt me mom smiled proudly at me. Actually, I’m not like a genius or something, I’m just an ordinary girl who had luck with the scholarship about four years ago.

“I lived in England, until I was about 7 year old and then my parents moved out to here, Maryland” Alex wiggled his eyebrows

“Ohh..” I said making a big O “Then, why you don’t have that accent?”

“I used to, but I’m getting used with American accent, you know fourteen years in America makes me” he sent his wink to me and I was laugh at him. Whats on earth he kept smirking like that? Soon, the maids served our dinner on the table, it was a nice dinner which I always missed in England. Gathering around with your own family minus Zach, Alex, and Rian.
Jack and Alex forked the last piece of turkey and they sneered at each other, it was fun watching as they started to growled and had a staring contest. They were like two lions that defended their territory. Then i heard Rian and my mom laughed at them.
I joined the laughter and then paused when I saw Zach was staring at me, I didn’t know what came with him but his look was so serious. I blinked twice, did I do something bad to him? I didn’t think so because we never talked properly, he just laughed with Rian when Jack and Alex fought over about the welcoming song.

I looked away pretending that I didn’t know anything in fact I didn’t know any shitty things with Zach.

“Boys, if you really crave that thing, I will get the maid to make anot—“

“No worries, mother. I will win this piece of meat” Jack said confidently

“Ha-ha-ha.. very funny Jack, I can even pull the meat with you. You lanky boy” Alex replied.

And they continued to fight over the meat. My mom continued her meal so did I and the rest of boys who wasn’t fighting over.
“Anyway, Nicky… we’ve got another company” my mom said munching the food already ignoring the loud ground that coming from Jack and Alex.
Company? Oh god, the dining table was already full with the boys and she said there would be another company? But wait, what if this company that she mentioned about was dad? Oh my God! I hoped so.

The dinner then ended with Alex as the winner of turkey, Jack cursed himself and poked Alex because he thought he was cheating. I asked Rian did they always act like that? And he said that they could be wilder than that. Oh wow, those immature boys.

The All Time Low then excused theirselves to have a good night outside, I already asked mom to let me join them but she banned me because she wanted me to meet this company she’d been talking about. Oh shiz, now I really thought it was dad, which would be awesome.
Before Alex walked out from the house, he gave me a kiss on the cheek that I really didn’t expect. Jack sent his full glare to Alex, he became so overly protective to me I didn’t know why, but like Rian said I needed to trust my brother. So..
Rian gave me a breaking ribs hug followed by Jack but Jack hugged me and lifted me off the ground and then spun me. I giggled as he put me down, then Zach came giving me his sweet hug. His buffed up body met mine, I could smell his apple perfume, it smelled so yummy.

For some reason, I felt the term of our hug was much longer but I wiped it because suddenly Zach pulled away with his childishly grin. He smiled? I thought he was mad at me with his entire stare. I was about to ask him whether he was mad or not with me but Alex had dragged him out from the house.

It was a rainy night but the boys seemed ignoring it, I wander where they would go. If only I could go with them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it's too long, i'll update later. im sorry if there's bunch of gramatical errors, somebody mind to be my beta? thanks in advance!