Status: Finished

Killing Joy

Invention

“We don’t see her here” said Jack to Beth through the handy talky which was their contact.

“Alright, Jackie..” Beth replied and then turned off the handy talky. She laid her eyes on Zach watching him.

“I don’t know what she is thinking about running off like this. It was like she wants to prank us” Beth commented when she and Zach were walking up to the hill.

“Beth.. stop making fun of her” Zach responded. “This is a serious situation. Would you be happy if you found her in awful condition, huh?”

Beth gasped and regretted herself, “Shit Zach! Don’t say that! I’m sure she’s okay!” she whimpered.

“So stop making fun of her. We’re in the woods. Everything could be happened” Zach exhaled longingly and then they started to walk in silence keeping their eyes carefully around them. Zach hoped he would be the one who found her and comforted her.

And for like ten minutes later, Beth eyes were widened. She saw Nicky was lying helplessly on the forest floor nearby the tree.
“SHIT! Zach! It’s her!!!” Beth screamed at the top of her lungs pointing to Nicky’s direction as she ran very fast toward Nicky. Zach turned his head to the direction and then followed Beth.

“Nicky! Oh my god!!” Beth bent down and reached Nicky.

Zach swallowed hard when he found Nicky was in the state of losing conscious like that. He bent next to Nicky and examined her pulse hoping there would still some weak beat. And yeah, her heart was still working properly and with that Zach held her tightly in relief.

He kissed her head and whispered, “Nicky.. Nicky.. baby.. wake up..” he said almost like to cry and Beth watched him questionably. Zach looked at Beth and sighed in frustration, “I like her, Beth. So much…”

“Okay..” Beth replied awkwardly. And then Zach poked Nicky’s cheek lightly as he called her name.
“Nicky, wake up.. please.. I’m right here..” his voice was cracked

Nicky didnt reply him, she still closed her eyes tightly.

“Nicky.. please.. answer me.. “Zach started to sob without tearing his eyes.

“Zach… don’t worry she’s alright..” Beth convinced him weakly, “Let’s bring her back”

Zach swallowed and nodded but then he felt Nicky’s body stirred a bit. Zach paused and watched her hopefully as Nicky opened her squinty eyes very slowly.
“Zach..?”

“Oh shit..! Nicky!!” Zach embraced her in tight hug as he relieved that Nicky just awaked.

Without waiting no more, Nicky who just gained her conscious wrapped Zach very tightly as she cried. Her shoulders were shuddering when her face was buried into his chest. Somehow, Nicky felt stupid of why she had escaped into the woods without expecting she would black out like that. She, herself felt endangered her own life.

“Zachh.. zach..” she called out with sobbing. She was freaking scared.

“Shh.. it’s okay.. it’s okay baby.. You’re save now..” Zach tried to comfort her and pressed his lips on her top of head.

Beth, on the other way was wow’ed silently. She didn’t expect that Zach and Nicky made a cute couple.

“Oh Nicky, why you did this??” said Beth with her discouraged. Nicky brought her weak body as she realized that her bestfriend was already beside her. Nicky whimpered and embraced Beth into a tight hug. Beth stroked Nicky’s head and shushed her.

Nicky, somehow couldn’t reply Beth because she was in the state of being trauma. She was really scared to spill out at people. She was scared that people would comment something that Nicky didn’t want to hear. She was scared people would call her whore.

She was scared of people. Even if it was her bestfriend.

“It’s okay Beth. She’s still scared. Let’s go back to the camp” Zach said and Nicky didn’t believe he scooped her carrying Nicky in bridal style. Once, she felt her cheek burnt, but then she ignored it. Nicky felt save with him.

Nicky wrapped his neck with her hands and leaned her head on his chest, listening to every heartbeat whose he got in seconds.

His muscular arms were so strong, so that he could easily carry her petite body. Nicky’s body was still shaky but with that Zach shushed me again. He smiled weakly at her face and kissed her head. “Don’t worry.. I’m right here…”

Nicky nodded weakly.

When they reached camp, Nicky’s eyes were closed and she could hear Alex and Jonathan came forward to her asking if she was alright. Zach said yes and brought Nicky to his RV followed by Beth.

XXX
♠ ♠ ♠
heyyy it's only two days to go until i finish my test.

comments and subscribe!

hello new subscriber.. thanks!!

i dunno what i wanna talk about. ahaha