One Mistake From Being Together

Chapter One

The journey was a long one. It took me to the land of preppy girls and high society socialites. Killing each other over a pair of shoes. Kara stood by my side our parents all excited. We’ve been here two seconds and I already feel out of place. Kara was one of my only remaining friends. I dropped the trips for various reasons. Adrian is dating my brother, Arietta told them where I was, and as for Ariella she’s fine right now. Our parents had a truck full of our stuff. Cam was smiling as he unloaded it. He was ecstatic to hear Trace and I were separated. I linked arms with Kara as our mom’s who became good friends walked toward it offices. The building was in the center of campus. Fifteen minute walk. It was brick like every other building in sight. Glass door entrance. Inside everything looked expensive and breakable. The moms were at the desk talking to a woman with a head set on. They were handed papers and a stack of what I believe is uniforms. The moms came back over and motioned for us to follow. We walked to another tall building. Every girl we passed was in a uniform and had either blonde or brown hair not colorful. It was cut straight and to the shoulders. It sickened me. The inside was a long hallway ending at elevators.
“Honey,” Mom cheered. “Your room is down stairs. In the basement.” In the were? Basement what? Mom pulled me and Kara to a black door. She took a key from her pocket and opened the door. She filed us in. “Now you go down and meet your roommates. I’ll be back with your things.” She left.
“Finally!” Kara and I both said relieved. We heard loud music from down stairs. We ran down the spiral staircase and saw two girls lying around on two of six beds. They lifted their heads to see us. They seemed to be people we would associate with.
“Hello.” one of them spoke. “I’m Torrance, but please in the name of god call me Tory. You two I believe are Kelsey Bane and Kara Hadley. Seen you on TV.” I nodded. Everyone seems to notice me now. “That’s my little sister, Lillian. Call her Lilly. There’s two others, but they are out. Hailey and Patience.”
“Your beds are over there make your self at home.” Lilly followed pointing across the room to two beds right by each other. The family then came in and dropped of our stuff. Said goodbyes and left.
“So what’s with all the people here?” I asked lifting a picture of Trace and I to the wall hanging it.
“Well, we, down here, are all here for attitude adjustments. They are apparently normal.” Tory explained.
“We’re criminals or runaways.” Lilly finished Tory’s explanation. I laughed.
“We are the Criminals! We live in the basement of your dorm!” Kara announced. Everyone giggled. I put a pile of my clothes in my dresser which was marked ‘Kelsey Bane’. Two other girls came down carrying shopping bags full of food.
“Got groceries for the kitchen.” One of them announced.
“Oh are new roomies.” The other bounced over. She held a sucker in one hand. The sucker looked like a… my thoughts where interrupted. “I’m Hailey.
“Hi I guess. I’m Kelsey and that’s Kara.” I greeted unsure of the girl with the penis shaped sucker. She might be a little odd. The other came over.
“Sorry about her. I’m Patience, it kind of long so I’ll say I’m Peaty.” She apologized and greeted at the same time. “Nice picture. Kelsey Bane, right? I’ve heard tons about you in the last few weeks. How’s Trace?”
“I wouldn’t know.” I felt like I was going to break down crying.
~Trace’s POV~
The bus pulled away from another stop. I need to stop thinking she’ll show up, but I keep seeing her in every other girl I see in the crowd. I lay on the bunk quietly trying to pull myself together, but I don’t know how long it will last. I’m losing it slowly. Mason comes in and places his hands on the bunk.
“Trace we’ll figure it out. We’ll get her back, somehow.” He assured. It was all to make me feel better. All to get me to be a good little musician and perform through whatever.
“Whatever. I’m just going to sleep.” I closed the curtain and sighed. I turned on my iPod and put the ear buds in. The song it started playing was a song Kelsey had put on. Her song. The one I wrote her so long ago. The album cover shown her smiling face. I felt a tare at my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is the first chapter. Comments= love.
Torrance is hellsflames
Lillian is ducksarecool
Adrian is lil_Miss.Mollie
Hailey is JacquelineJillian
Patience is attackofthe40ftipod

<3Kelsey