"Who Would've Thought Getting Knocked Down Would End So Well?"

Confronting Tre

I decided not to tell Billie Joe about the kiss with Tre. After all, I was probably over analysing the entire situation, making a big deal out of nothing. And it certainly was not important enough to break up a friendship and especially not a band. I did, however, discuss it with Drew.

"So he jumped up and kissed you? When?"

"No, Drew. During spin the bottle."

"But he's supposed to kiss you then, no?" Drew scratched his head, slightly confused. "I'm not really seeing the problem here, Amelia." I was helping Drew tidy our living room as we spoke.

I sighed. "Yes Drew, I do know how spin the bottle works." I moved around the room aimlessly, picking up items only to drop them elsewhere.

"It was the intensity of the kiss, though." I paused. "It was like he was taking advantage of the fact that he was able to kiss me, and really went for the kiss, tongue and all."

"Well," Drew started, "he could very well be interested in you or he could have just been drunk. I've only met him once so I don't really know him that well. I couldn't determine his intentions or anything." Drew looked thoughtful as he placed a magazine on the coffee table. "My advice to you is to see what happens next. It could have been a drunken kiss that he immediately regretted afterwards, or . . ." Drew looked me in the eye, "this could be the start of something unpleasant. Let's just hope that the former is true."

It sounded like Drew was trying to consider the kiss a meaningless drunken act. I was ok with that as long as it was an isolated event.

* * * * * * * *

I was rummaging through Billie Joe's fridge for a drink when the doorbell rang.

"Can you get that? I'm still naked."

Billie Joe was just coming out of the shower and I was very tempted to go take a peek. Instead I headed for the door.

"Yeah ok. But I think you owe me a striptease later!" I yelled back upstairs towards Billie Joe as I swung open the door, expecting to pay the pizza guy. Instead I was surprised to see Tre standing on the other side of the door.

"Oh, hey Amelia." Tre ran his hand through his dishevelled blonde faux-hawk.

"Hey Tre."

"I didn't expect to see you here."

I did not answer him. Instead I decided to ask him a question."Tre, what was that kiss about?" I was not the type to beat around the bush. Tre suddenly seemed fascinated by a particular spot on the ground.

"What do you mean?"

I rolled my eyes and forced myself to whisper. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. The way you kissed me was . . . was . . ."

"Hot?" Tre interrupted me, finally looking into my eyes. I could not read his expression.

"No, Tre, it was inappropriate. I'm dating Billie Joe!"

"I'm sorry, ok. It just kind of happened." He looked down again. "It didn't mean anything. If I'd had to kiss Billie Joe at that moment, I think I probably would have kissed him the same way. I was plastered. Do you think I enjoyed kissing my best friend's girlfriend?" He looked back up at me. I wasn't sure I believed him but I wanted to put this mess behind us and forget the whole thing.

"Let's just forget it Tre. Pretend it never happened."

"Deal."

I stepped back and Tre entered the house. Billie Joe came downstairs minutes later and he and Tre talked for a while about their next album and band stuff so I headed upstairs to take a nap. I pushed open the door to Billie Joe's bedroom and stepped inside. I turned the lights off but allowed the blinds to remain slightly open. I watched the way the lemony sunlight slid between the slats of the blinds, leaving a striped pattern on the carpeted floor. Walking over this patterned portion of the carpet, I felt the sun's warmth on the soles of my bare feet. I walked over to the bed and sat on the edge. I lifted a silver picture frame sitting on the side table. It was a picture of Billie Joe, Joey and Jakob. In it, they were all laughing, having a water balloon fight in the backyard. I smiled and placed the photo back onto the table. Without disturbing the sheets on the bed, I laid down on Billie Joe's immensely comfortable mattress. It did not take long until I had fallen asleep.

I'm not sure how long I slept but when I awoke, I felt an arm around my waist. Billie Joe was snuggled up against me, seemingly holding on for dear life. I did not want to wake him so I tried to get out of bed as quietly as possible. I managed to wriggle half of my body away from Billie Joe's grasp when he shifted.

"Trying to sneak away?" Billie Joe scared the shit out of me. I thought he was asleep.

"I was trying to be nice and not wake you. I won't be so nice next time" I teased. I sat up in the bed, my back towards Billie Joe. I looked back at him from over my right shoulder.

"Oh so there's going to be a next time?"

"If you're good." Stretching, I got off the bed and turned to face Billie Joe, my hands now resting on my hips.

"Well," Billie Joe began, "if there is a chance of there being no next time I'd better enjoy this time."

And with that, Billie Joe pulled me back onto the bed gently. He crawled on top of me and kissed me. I ran my hands through his messy black hair and pulled him closer to me. I felt his tongue enter my mouth and we began to explore. Billie Joe pulled away to leave a trail of kisses along my jaw line, down my neck, and on my chest. I brought his mouth back into contact with mine, wanting to taste him again. I felt Billie Joe's hands tugging at the buttons of my shirt, frantically trying to undo them, his mouth never leaving mine. We stopped kissing long enough for me to pull his T-shirt off. I took a moment to trace my fingers along the many tattoos inked onto his lean yet toned body. Billie Joe smiled and leaned in for another kiss. He began to unbutton my shirt with lightening speed. We lay still for a moment, Billie Joe on top of me, when he spoke.

"Are you ready for this?"

I nodded. I looked into his sparkling green eyes, which were now clouded with lust. "I want this too."

I grabbed Billie Joe's studded belt and unbuckled it, throwing it the floor. I smiled at him mischievously; he had no idea how long I'd thought about removing that belt. We continued to remove each other's clothing until we were down to nothing. Our hands and mouths explored one another, preparing for what was to come next. Our kisses became more urgent and our breathing more laboured. That first moment in which we connected was pure ecstasy. We moved together, slow at first, then faster and more determined, our bodies glistening. I held onto Billie Joe, savouring his touch, memorizing his scent. I wanted to stay like this forever. Panting and moaning, screaming and caressing, we reached our climax. As our waves of pleasure began to subside, Billie Joe lay on top of me, trying to catch his breath. The feel of his weight on top of me was a sensation I would not soon forget. Billie Joe removed himself from his position on top of me, untangling his limbs from mine. He laid down next to me, and we faced each other. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close, so close our noses were almost touching. We did not speak, but rather looked at one another and smiled - a smile of comfort, and of excitement. We had ventured into a new aspect of our relationship and it was amazing.

Billie Joe looked at me with a devlish grin. "Ready for round two?"

"I thought you'd never ask."

Billie Joe smiled. He got up and pulled me with him.

"Let's try out the kitchen counter."