Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 6

I picked up the books one by one, making sure, each was still on good shape. When I stood up, I found myself back on the floor, head aching with pain- I had run into someone. "Sorry." I hurried, getting up and brushing myself off, before getting ready to run, as if it were any other person, except for the person I ran into.

"It's okay, forget about it, it was my fault," a familiar voice said from the floor as he looked up.

"You go here?" we both said in unison.

"Yea." we both did it again.

"Ace, are you sure you're not stalking me or something?" I smirked.

He shook his head and all his shaggy hair flew around his head. "No... I swear, I go here," he remarked, making sure he sounded like he was backing himself up, only making his hair fall back into his face.

"It's okay, I was kidding," I said with a giggle.

"Oh."

"So what class do you have right now?" I asked.

"Uh... English," he stated blandly.

I raised an eyebrow. "Me... Me too."

How could we both be in the same class and never notice?

"Oh... that's strange," he stated quietly.

I nodded.

"Probably because I skip so much," he smirked devilishly.

We both snuck down to English class through the crowd and took our seats across from each other; him in the left corner by the window, me in the right corner, closest to the door.

I quickly pulled out a notebook and started writing-

I think my heart's been stolen,
It’ll never be the same,
And even when I feel it beat,
I think I like this game.
I wish I knew him then,
Like I wish that I could see.
Then maybe I would smile back,
like I see him smiling at me.


As I put down my pen and looked out by the window, my attention was drawn down a bit, to where Ace was looking across the room to me, throwing in a wide grin as he waved. I waved back, but let my facial features remain the same. He turned his head back down to his desk and picked up a pencil, moving it along the paper in strokes, I guess he was drawing. The strokes was the only thing I could make out and I kept watching curiously...