She's Like a Shot, Good 'Till Morning

Sound Like A Commercial

A strong smell of cheese and sausage pulls me out of my sleep. I rub away the mix of sleep bogginess and eyeliner before sitting up and greeting my eyes with the sunlight that’s burning through the light grey curtains. I pull on last nights jeans with ease as my stomach makes grumbling noises, the drifty smell of the breakfast from downstairs causes my tummy to throw a fit. “Shut up,” I mumble to it as I pull on a shirt from the other day.

My socked feet protect me from the chill of the wooden floors on my way downstairs, “Morning,” I say as I walk into the extremely bright kitchen-with the curtains pulled back and the windows open, letting in the fresh air of the beach about a mile down.

“Morning Johnny,” Celia replies in her ever so loud chipper morning voice…if it’s even morning… “Was wondering when you’d be getting up…if you got home last night…I wasn’t sure…didn’t hear the doors.” She continues buzzing along to the movement she’s created when she started breakfast. “Hungry?” She giggles after hearing my stomach also greet good morning.

“Oh shh and cook faster,” And her mouth hums as she sticks out her tongue. I close my eyes and shake my head as I grab a glass and head for the fridge.

“Sorry about last night, we thought someone might have been breaking in.”

“Well only reason I came back here was because I thought you guys were going out.” I say, taking a very large gulp of the apple juice I just poured.

“We did go out…but Matt sorta talked me into ditching everyone and coming back.”

“Oh you don’t sound like you put up too much of a fight to that,” I refill my glass before sitting at the little island bar, continuing to watch her cook.

“Maybe I didn’t…” Celia replies with a little laugh, at which I whistle at.

“I think we’re all going to the beach today, you have to come! For bailing last night,”

“You bailed too.”

“Oh shush, I bet they didn’t notice.”

“But I’ll go,”

“Of course you will,” She says picking up a plate after turning off the stove and piling eggs on it, siding them with sausage and then piling a couple pancakes on one another. She slides me the plate with a satisfied grin before turning and starting on the second plate. I pour on heavy amounts of ketchup and syrup before cutting in with my fork and knife.

“Matt!” I jerk in some area from my plate, Celia’s scream for Matt disrupting the peace and quiet. A loud thump from above signals he heard. “Get down here! Breakfast is ready! And you can’t sleep all day, we’ve gotta go hang today!” I put my fingers in my ears and give her a ‘do you mind’ look. She shrugs and puts down his plate, turning back to the stove to get her-self fed.

And a few minutes’ later Shads walks downstairs with sloppy hair and makeup smeared on his face. “You’re up already,” I nod with a mouthful of a mixture of eggs and sausage.

“What time is it anyway?” He asks through a mouthful of his food making Celia make a yuck face. With an eye roll she answers, “Almost eleven, after you’re done we can hop in the shower and start getting ready.”

“I like that idea,”

“I bet you do, but strictly showering, I don’t want to be late, Sierra asked us to bring the meat while she goes and gets the drinks, and Rhian is bringing all the snack stuff.”

“Like you can keep your hands off of me,” Matt muses with a laugh, and truth be told-Celia really can’t keep her hands off of him. I laugh with him before finishing up my sausages.

“Why don’t you invite your sex friend?” Changing the subject abruptly, I don’t know if she’s being sarcastic or serious…

“Nah, that makes it a commitment and I’m not looking for that.”

“Okie, well then I’m sure you’ll see other non-commitment chicks there as well.” Celia says as she gets up with her plate and takes it to the sink for a pre-rinse.

I head up to my bathroom after finishing my juice and climb into the shower; letting the hot water pour down and wake up everything besides my stomach. I lather up my hair with shampoo and dance around to the music playing from Celia and Matt’s bathroom-only almost slipping once.

After washing the rest of me off, I wrap a towel around my waist before getting out to check my wet self out in the full length mirror on the back of the door. I mush my hair together towards the middle for a faux-hawk, rocking around with it as I walk into my bedroom to check out what I’m wearing for the day.

After pulling on some black-grey faded jeans I scratch out the faux-hawk, still scanning for a shirt as I pick up a half stick of eyeliner. Getting frustrated with my pickiness I pull out a random sketchy tee and walk back into the bathroom. After pulling on the shirt I quickly smear the stick on my lower lid then run a brush with toothpaste through my mouth for a clean feeling. Didn’t that last bit sound like a commercial?

Before going back downstairs I loop a belt through my jeans and clip a couple of chains to them, also putting on some sneakers and socks. No texts or missed calls on my phone, I decide on leaving it at the house, not wanting any distractions from friends today.

“Looks like your plan of not touching Matt failed,” I comment as Celia rushes down the stairs, half dressed with her wet hair all shaken around.

“Oh shush! You wouldn’t be able to keep your hands off of him either,” She whines as she passes through to the laundry room. “Have you seen my DCMA tee?” She calls from over there, “Oh you mean the one you took from Rev?” “I did not take it!” “Yeah, yeah and I don’t know where it is.” She grunts and quickly comes rushes back.

“Do you know where my tankini is?”

“What do I look like? Don’t you take care of all that stuff?” Just as I reply Matt comes down the stairs, completely ready with a pair of aviators in his hand.

“You aren’t ready yet? Ooo, I’m so telling you’re holding us up.”

“Fuck you,” She jokes as she pushes past him to run back upstairs, and when she gets up there she screamed something like ‘I’ll be down soon’.

“What took so long?” Sierra asks as we pile out of the car, Matt caring one cooler and I caring the other.

“Celia over here couldn’t keep her hands off of me.”

“Oh!” Sierra shouts in an owning manner, passing me a bottle of her Iced Tea.

A fire pit is burning away happily, I take a seat at a table Jimmy and Rhian must have brought and am dealed a hand of cards. “Let’s get this party going!”

“Where’d Bri go?” Sierra asks as she scopes out for him.

“He’s over by his car talking to a hunny,” Zack says, taking a seat and joining the game.

“So…what’s the game?!” Rhian screeches, banging on the table.

“Strip something or other,”

“You guy’s finally fucking made it!” Brian calls as he walks up with a girl attached to his arm; a brown haired chick with golden and red chucks wearing a bright pink and green bikini with black trim. A lot like a watermelon…

“Names Cayden,” She says sweetly with a smile. Zack hands the two a drink and Jimmy deals Brian in, the six of us playing while Sierra, Celia and now Cayden sit under an umbrella and talk.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided I liked that last chapter and I really like this one as well. O: New character x] Thank you guys for your comments <3