The Tragedy of Aqua

Scene two- The knife/the first attack

Scene two- The knife/the first attack
Once at the hospital the EMTs wheeled Aqua into the intensive care unit. They took Auto and Zandria to into a hospital room as well. As soon as the EMTs left they continued their argument.
ZANDRIA:
(accusatively) I thought you loved me!
AUTO:
Does it matter? You never loved me.
ZANDRIA:
(a little hurt) Yes I did! (long pause, the out loud but more to herself) I think.
AUTO:
You see. You didn’t.
ZANDRIA:
But. (thinking it through) I wasn’t in love with anyone else either!
AUTO:
Just shut up Zandria! You were supposed to be her best friend! And you don’t even care if she makes it, Zandria, I CAN’T be with someone like you! I just cant.
ZANDRIA:
(to herself) If I can’t have you then she dang sure isn’t going to! (pauses thinking) She’s dying, but if she doesn’t I’ll help her along. (laughs to herself then says out loud pouting a little) Fine then, I’ll leave you, you’ll not get me (to herself) or her (out loud again) back!
AUTO:
Just go! Alright just go!
(Back in the Intensive Care Unit they tried everything they could think of to wake Aqua, but nothing could bring her out of the coma. Aqua was trapped in her mind her vitals were normal, but she would not, could not, wake. Their was a battle in Aqua’s mind let us take a look see)
AQUA:
(to the two Voices in her mind) Let me out!
VOICE 1:
Not yet your not ready.
AQUA:
Please! Don’t you see I must go to him! He loves me! Do you know how long I’ve waited for this?!
VOICE 2:
You must not fight it if you go out you will die.
AQUA:
How long? How long till it’s safe?
VOICE 1:
Two years.
AQUA:
No! Please, he’ll be gone! I have to tell him!
VOICE 2:
You may have thirty minutes then we will call you back.
AQUA:
I don’t want to.
VOICE 1:
We will make you.
AQUA:
Okay, thirty minutes. (awakens and says to the EMTs) Let me up!
DOCTOR:
It’s a miracle!
AQUA:
Please let me up!
NURSE:
Calm down, miss.
AQUA:
I only have thirty minutes to find him! (whispers a prayer looking upwards) God please help me find him.
NURSE:
(having over heard the soft prayer) Find who? (letting her up)
AQUA:
(getting up) Auto.
NURSE:
He’s in room 102
AQUA:
Thank you. (runs to room 102 opens the door runs into Auto’s arms) Auto!
AUTO:
(opens eyes) Aqua! Oh Aqua! You’re alive.
(twenty minutes left)
AQUA:
Auto! I can’t stay long I only have (looks at the clock) twenty minutes left.
AUTO:
What do you mean?
AQUA:
They’re making me come back for two years in twenty minutes.
AUTO:
What!? Who? Why?
AQUA:
The voices in my head they are keeping me prisoner in my mind. They said if they don’t keep me there I’ll die.
AUTO:
Don’t go back! (pulling her closer)
AQUA:
I have to!
AUTO:
Why? (holding her tighter)
AQUA:
They’ll force me to Auto. (holding him tightly)
AUTO:
Why? I... NO! I won’t let them! (holding her still tighter)
AQUA:
(weakly) Auto?
AUTO:
Yes, my love?
AQUA:
Will you wait?
AUTO:
(Looking at her face in confusion) For what, Aqua?
AQUA:
Me.
AUTO:
Always! I would wait for the rest of eternity.
AQUA:
Are you sure?
AUTO:
Yes! Of course I will!
VOICE 1:
Time’s up!
AQUA:
I need a little more time please!
VOICE 2:
Five minutes! Hurry!
AQUA:
Thank you (to the voices then to Auto) Auto, I love you! (crying) Auto?
AUTO:
I love you too Aqua.
AQUA:
I’ve never been kissed, Auto. I don’t want to die without ever having been kissed!
AUTO:
You won’t (pulls her into his arms and kisses her for the last four minutes Aqua pulls away in the last few seconds)
AQUA:
I love you Auto. (collapses into Auto’s arms)
(then she went back into the coma)
AUTO:
NO Aqua! Don’t go! Come back Aqua! Come back! I love you Aqua!
AQUA:
(humming happily) Thank you so much!
(Suddenly Aqua hears Zandria’s voice)
ZANDRIA:
Oh Aqua, Aqua, Aqua. Aqua is so nice. (mocking Auto) I love Aqua. (back to normal) Aqua, Aqua, AQUA I’ll kill you NOW!! (comes at Aqua with knife)
AQUA:
Oh my! She hates me! (to the voices in her head) I thought you said I wouldn’t die if I was in this comma?
VOICE 2:
You won’t.
AQUA:
How can you..?
AUTO:
(Breaks through her thoughts) Zandria what are you doing?! DON’T!!!! (Tackles Zandria)
AQUA:
(Unaware that no one can hear her) The KNIFE, AUTO, THE KNIFE!!!
(Zandria stabs Auto. He falls. Aqua sees and starts crying harder)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sobbing)
VOICE 1:
He can’t hear you! Come on, you don’t need to see this!
AQUA:
AUTO!! (Sobbing) Auto... I thought we’d be together when I wake up, but, oh God, why did you take him from me!? (yelling at the Voices now) Let me out! Let me out now, Zandria can’t hurt me now she has to be in jail! Let me out! Please!!
Voice 1:
We can’t let you out, you are not safe.
AQUA:
From who?
VOICE 1:
Yourself. We know if you came out of this right now you would kill yourself, and that’s not the answer, so you’ll stay.
AQUA:
(praying) Please God, I can’t live with out him!
VOICE 1:
You can and you will!
VOICE 2:
But be aware he is not dead.
VOICE 1:
(Glaring at other voice) Yet.
AQUA:
Then let me out!
VOICE 2:
Unfortunately we cannot.
VOICE 1:
You have to do it yourself. It will take you two years to figure it out.
VOICE 2:
We must leave you now. Good bye and good luck.
AQUA:
NO! Don’t leave me! I... Please! (the voices leave and now all is silent Aqua is scared, alone, and heartbroken) NO! Now I’m alone, I can’t wake up, and Auto is out there dying! I’ve got to get out of here!
(Back in the real world Auto is waking up from surgery.)
AUTO:
(waking up) Aqua! Zandria NO! Don’t Zandria! AQUA!
NURSE:
Calm down.
AUTO:
Where is Aqua? Is she okay?!
NURSE:
I.. I’m not allowed to say.
DOCTOR:
How is he? Oh he’s wake? And how are you feeling?
AUTO:
I’m fine. Now where is Aqua?
DOCTOR:
She’s... (looks at nurse)
AUTO:
(angrily) Where?!
DOCTOR:
She’s still in the coma.
AUTO:
NO! How long have I been out?
DOCTOR:
A week. Why?
AUTO:
(pauses thinking then) So today is?
DOCTOR:
October 31st. Halloween. Why?
AUTO:
Zandria’s Birthday. What happened to her?
DOCTOR:
She’s in prison.
AUTO:
Why.. Oh, she tried to kill Aqua... and me! Was Aqua hurt?
DOCTOR:
Physically, No. But, it seems she was aware of the fight, and you being stabbed because, before she could respond somewhat but now, since your stabbing she seems to have...receded, she doesn't respond. She struggles more than ever. She seems depressed.
AUTO:
You don’t mean... She thinks I’m dead!? And so she’s given up on coming out of the coma?
DOCTOR:
Yes. That’s what it seems.
AUTO:
What room is she in? I’ll tell her I’m alive!
DOCTOR:
ICU room 10, (Auto takes off toward ICU) but, she can’t hear you, she’s so... Depressed she’s kind of locked herself in her mind! (but Auto was already out of hearing distance running to Aqua’s room)
(Back in Aqua’s mind)
AQUA:
Life isn’t worth living without Auto! (wishing she were dead or at least out of the coma)
(In heaven)
VOICE 2/ANGEL 2:
Please Lord, Auto will die only days after she wakes up if we keep her in the coma.
GOD:
She must find her own way out. (softening up) You may give her clues.
VOICE 2/ ANGEL 2:
Thank you.
(Back in the prison Zandria is trying to escape and forming a plan to kill Aqua and frame Auto)