The Tragedy of Aqua

Scene 4-The Second Attack/The Wedding

Scene 4-The Second Attack/The Wedding:

May 30th that same year.

Zandria watched as Aqua called her friend, Lettus. Lettus rushed over because Aqua’s other friend Sophia had had an emergency and had to leave Aqua. Lettus rushed over and knocked but as Aqua opened the door Zandria ran out of no where, knocked Lettus down, grabbed Aqua, jumped in a stolen van, and yelled for Jock to drive. Aqua screamed, as Lettus scrambled to her feet and called the police then Auto.

LETTUS:

(Sobbing hysterically) Auto! AUTO! (Between sobs) Zandria. Aqua! I. She. HELP! Oh Auto! Poor Aqua!!

AUTO:

Aqua? What’s going on? Who is this? Lettus? Calm down tell me what happened. Is Aqua okay? (beginning to panic)

LETTUS:

Zandria has her! I called the police but... (dial tone) Auto?!

In Nebraska flagging down a cab.

CAB DRIVER:

Where to?

AUTO:

Oklahoma.

CAB DRIVER:

What part?

AUTO:

Bethany Oklahoma, Southern Nazarene University campus.

CAB DRIVER:

It’s going to be a while.

AUTO:

Go as fast as you can. Within the limits of the law.

Back in Oklahoma in the back of Zandria’s van:

AQUA:

Why?

JOCK:

(mimicking her) “Why?!” We kidnap her and all she says is “why”! She’s so sweet and innocent. (Jane slaps him)

ZANDRIA:

(mocking Jock) “She’s so sweet and innocent” You’ll get your turn with her first. Then it’ll be Jane’s turn, then I get to finnish her off. By then Auto should be here to watch her die and then be framed.

JOCK:

(smiling deviously) That sounds good to me.

JANE:

(glaring at Jock as well as Aqua) FINE!!!

ZANDRIA:

Good then it’s settled once we get to the wear-house Jock takes her to the back room for thirty minutes to an hour. Then Jane gets her for thirty minutes because we’ll have to deal with Auto. And then I’ll kill her while you two frame him.

JOCK:

Let’s go.

JANE:

Fine.

AQUA:

(calmly) Zandria, why are you so intent on killing me?

ZANDRIA:

Auto!

AQUA:

You mean because Auto is in love with me you’re going to kill me? (still calm)

ZANDRIA:

Shut up! Ahhh here we are. Take a good look the next time you leave this place you’ll be dead. (laughs evilly as Jock escorts Aqua inside)

AQUA:

Jock???

JOCK:

Yeah?

AQUA:

Why are you doing this to me?

JOCK:

Doing what? I haven’t touched you?!

AQUA:

You know what I mean!

JOCK:

I dunno. I guess it’s cause you wouldn’t go out with me back in Junior High.

AQUA:

Oh, come on! You know I was upset Auto had just gotten back together with Zandria and I was just about to ask him out. Everyone knew I was in love with him. I had been for years.

JOCK:

I know. It’s just.. Well me and Jane, we’re having (looks around and whispers) marital problems.

AQUA:

And you think making her think you’re doing things with me will help? It won’t make it better, she will just kill me and you both!

JOCK:

Yeah, I know. (sadly)

(Auto bursts through the door having already tied up Jane and Zandria.)

What!?

AUTO:

IF YOU TOUCH HER I’LL KILL YOU!!!

AQUA:

AUTO!! (Runs to him)

AUTO:

(pulling her close and focusing on her) Did he hurt you baby?

AQUA:

No. When did... How did you find me?

AUTO:

You have your cell phone.

AQUA:

So?

AUTO:

It has a tracking device in it.

AQUA:

Oh. Where is everyone?

AUTO:
Zandria and Jane are tied up, and Jock is... (realizes he has no idea where Jock is)

AQUA:

(Suddenly aware of what’s going on) Untying them!!!

AUTO:

RUN!!!

AQUA:

I won’t leave you!

AUTO:

Go!!

AQUA:

NO!

(Auto picks her up and runs past Zandria, Jock, and Jane to the cab and puts her in the jumps in behind her)

AUTO:

(to the driver) GO!!

DRIVER:

Where?

AUTO:

ANYWHERE! (Driver takes off toward SNU campus. Then to Aqua) Can we please get married now?

AQUA:

Tomorrow. I have finals!

AUTO:

I already took mine. Will the professors let me come with you?

AQUA:

Yes, but where will you stay tonight?

AUTO:

With you!

AQUA:

Ummm NO!

AUTO:

Why?!

AQUA:

Bridal shower! Duh! Plus you need your Bachelor Party and you can’t see me on the wedding day until the ceremony. (thinks for a minute) Oh I know! You can stay with Lettus’ boyfriend, Nat.

AUTO:

Alright. Fine. Surround yourself with friends.

AQUA:

All right dear.

(Later that night after finals when Aqua and Auto part ways)

Love you (kisses Auto)

AUTO:

Love you too. Be careful.

(Aqua’s friends come over and watch romantic movies til late into the night. The next morning they all got ready and headed for the church)

AQUA:

TEN MINUTES!! Will my hair be done!?

LETTUS:

Yes and your makeup. You will be ready stop worrying and hold still!

JONA (AUTO’S MOTHER):

Aqua dear, it’s time. Jake will walk you down the aisle.

AQUA:

Okay. And Jona?

JONA:

Yes, dear?

AQUA:

Thank you for letting your husband walk me down the aisle, since my father died in that bungee jumping accident last year you’re the only family I have left.

JONA:

Oh dear, we’ve always thought of you as family. Even before.. That horrible accident. Even before your mother died.

AQUA:

(Trying not to cry) I know and I’m so grateful.

Jake:

(knocking on the dressing room door) It’s time.

An hour later in the ballroom of the hotel they were staying in:

AUTO:

Can we go up to the room now?

AQUA:

Just one more dance I love this song!!

AUTO:

Oh Aqua! You’ve been saying that for the past thirty minutes! What’s bothering you?

AQUA:

Oh, alright! (giving up, blushing, whispers) I’m... Kinda... Scared.

AUTO:

OF ME!? (Indignant and shocked)

AQUA:

(Whispers blushing) No. Not... Umm you, exactly... I’ve... Um.. I’ve never... Umm...

AUTO:

(Suddenly undrestanding) OH! I think I can help you over come this fear if you accompany me to our room.. Please?

AQUA:

I.. Okay.. (follows him to the room)

AUTO:

We can go slow if you want? (once they get to the room)

AQUA:

I... Dunno. Shouldn’t we. Just... You know get it over with?

AUTO:

Um... I don’t know... I’ve never.. You know.. Either.

AQUA:

(shocked) You mean you and Zandria never..?!

AUTO:

NO!

AQUA:

Oh. I’m sorry. I just.. Never mind. I feel better knowing it’s your first time too.

AUTO:

Does it help to know I love you?

AQUA:
Yes and I hope it helps to know that I love you. (she manages before he pulls her into his arms and kisses her passionately)

Two hours later the honeymooners are awakened by a loud knock on the door. Aqua is the first to wake and gently struggles out of Auto’s arms, into a robe, then to the door.

AUTO:

(waking as soon as he realized Aqua was gone) AQUA! What are you doing?!

AQUA:

Getting the door. (rolling her eyes at him)

AUTO:

Zandria could be out there waiting to KILL you!!

AQUA:

Oh! (fully awake now) What do you want me to do?

AUTO:

Let me get the door you get ready to run just in case.

Auto slowly approaches the door.

AUTO:

Who’s there?

MAID:

Housekeeping.

AUTO:

No thanks. We’re good.

(Maid leaves.)

AQUA:

I’m so glad I have you, I couldn’t imagine any other guy would be so understanding, and help calm my fears. Thank you Auto my love.

AUTO:
And I’m glad I’ve got you. I couldn’t imagine my first time... Or anytime with anyone else.

End scene.