Dude Looks Like a Lady

Chapter 20: Go Back To Work Or Stay With Mikey?

We lay on the sofa, Mikey wrapped around me, watching cartoons on the Disney Channel. Some of the cartoons made us laugh and others made us wince at the un – funniness of them. We lay there from about two that afternoon to nearly seven, when I happened to glance at the clock because there were all the bedtime cartoons on.

I’d spent a pleasant five hours lying beside my husband, kissing him, being kissed, cuddling, laughing and tickling. We’d just relaxed together and had fun. We’d started our afternoon with Mikey’s right arm over my waist and my hand over his. We ended it legs entwined and arms all over the place.

As I read the time my eyes bulged, “I have to go Mikey.” I whispered softly, kissing his nose, as I wriggled in his arms. He shook his head and pinned me beneath him, rolling on top of me.

“No. I shan’t let you go.”

“I have to go to work, babe.” I suggest kissing him again. “You can come too and distract me in the sound booth.”

“But I want to stay here with you.” He whines, kissing my nose. I laugh and run my cold hands under his tee to feel his warm body. “Jesus. You can go if your hands are that cold!” He teases me, sitting up.

I pout, “I need to warm them up somehow.” He kisses my pout and laughs.

“Not like that.” He pauses and read the thought in my mind, “Or that way.” I smirk and attempt to look innocent. He shakes his head. “Your job gets in the way so badly.” He mumbles as he shrugs his jacket on with me. I nod musingly.

“My new one wont.” I promise him, “And if I’m late for this one then they wont want me back.”

He laughs and picks me up, saving me from walking, “Is it worth it to tie you to the bed and tell them you got caught up?” He asks mock seriously.

I pretend to think about it and laugh at him. He settles me in his car and drives to the venue. He parks along side the bus, after waving at the security men. I run into the venue waving a kiss at Mikey as I go. I slip into the sound box and wait.

Two hands slip round my waist and Bert’s head appears on my shoulder, “Where were you for sound check at 5?” He asks mock crossly.

“Cuddling with my husband in Newark?” I answer truthfully. He looks mock shocked and pinches my sides.

“That’s not good enough, missie.” He tells me as I wriggle and laugh.

“It’s Mrs.” Mikey tells him, catching me round the middle and scooping me up out of Bert’s reach.

“I was enjoying that.” Bert mumbles. I look at him and pull a face.

“You didn’t wanna say it like that, did you?” He thinks about it and then looks at me with narrowed eyes.

“Beautiful you maybe, but I don’t find my siblings sexually attractive.” He tells me in a dignified manner. I giggle and nuzzle into Mikey. Mikey kisses the top of my head and sits in one of the chairs, sitting me on his lap.

Bert leaves, seeing that this might get a bit steamy. He shouts from half across the venue, “We start in half an hour.”

“Where are the kids?” He shrugs and I shake my head. You’re useless Mr McCracken.” I shout after him.

Suddenly the kids come streaming into the arena and Bert stands there like a deer caught in headlights. I shake my head and play some rap to make Bert scarper. It works well and the kid’s all stop and try to get out of the arena.

Mikey switches the disk to Smashing Pumpkins and we sing it together softly. Laughing at each other and glancing at the stage. Eventually the first act are ready to get on stage and we turn the Smashing Pumpkins off and their settings on. I light a cigarette and clamber of Mikey’s lap trying to concentrate fully on my job.

Mikey hinders this by spanking my ass or running hands up my back and playing with my dreads. I shake my finger at him and frown but he just smiles cutely at me. I roll my eyes and push him into a group of teenies.

I watch what happens with interest and laugh at him as he tries to deny who he is. The girls (and boys) attempting to get hold of him. Eventually I take pity on him and I wade into the group of squealing fan girls.

“Sorry guys, he’s mine.” I wrap a protective arm round him and push the kids out of the way. “I can’t believe I had to rescue you from a group of girls!” I tell him, laughing as he attempts to right himself.

I prepare the stage for The Used and radio through to Bert about the latest shenanigans I got Mikey into. Bert laughs and promises to mention up on Stage.

“I’m glad I decided to come with you.” Mikey mumbles into my ear as The Used get half way through their set.

“Why?” I ask, kissing him swiftly on the lips.

“’Cos you’re in your element here; you really enjoy it. It’s you.” He explains as he kisses me once more. Wrapping his arms round my waist and pulling me gently closer to his body, as I wrap my arms round his neck and run my hands through his hair. A light spins onto us as Mikey runs his tongue along my lips, which part slowly for him.

“That is the very happily married Mr. and Mrs. Way.” I hear Bert crow from the stage. “Mrs. Way came on tour with us to keep her job, which she is ditching at the end of this tour. Not because we were nasty to her, but because she misses her husband. She wants to spend more time with him.” Bert pauses allowing people to wolf whistle or coo as they please. “Why’d anyone want to split this happy couple up? If you’re a fan of My Chemical Romance then wishing Lou dead or non – existent would make Mikey greatly unhappy, and in some cases ruddy illegal. Leave him be.” With that the light slips off us and Mikey’s hand come out from beneath my shirt as Bert sings ‘Cut Up Angels’. I join in singing with him as I pull away for breath.

“I love you Mr Way.” I whisper into Mikey’s ear as we sway to the beat.