Dude Looks Like a Lady

Chapter 42: A Trip To Melbourne.

*Mikey’s POV*
I pushed Lou through customs and baggage recall, with everyone else helping out with Lizzie and bags and such. True to form we had two busses, one with “My Chemical Romance” attached to the front and one with “Way Family”. I smiled as I made my way onto it, followed by Jamia and Christa who were going to keep an eye on Lizzie for me whilst we go to Melbourne.

I settled Lizzie in her cot with Jamia and Christa checking on her, whilst I popped into our main bedroom and saw Lou collapsed onto the bed, fully dressed and on top of the covers. I smiled a little, stripped her to her underwear and slid her under the covers.

I headed onto the main bus, to practise with the rest of the band and tease Frankie about his action on the flight. I shook my head; he was so broody it was worrying. But I was beginning to think of having a second baby…

*Lou’s POV*

I woke up in a moving vehicle, feeling very relaxed and completely restored to full vitality. I rolled over, without opening my eyes and came into contact with the solid, slightly muscular chest of my husband.

I sighed against his warm skin and kissed it. “Morning baby.” I whispered against his skin. He groaned and I opened my eyes to check the clock. Yep, it was morning. How long was I out? I don’t remember actually getting off the plane.

“Morning, Lou.” Mikey mumbled, rolling us over so I was on my back and he was resting on me. “What time is it?”

“About 9 am.” He nods against my neck.

“We’re on the way to Melbourne. We had a pit stop so I could swap with Jamia and Christa. They were caring for Lizzie whilst you slept. You’ve been sleeping lots recently – are you ok?” Mikey mumbled, kissing my neck.

I sigh and stroke his back, “I don’t sleep well without you, so knowing you’re around helps me sleep. But, uh, I took a, uh, test before we left and, uh…” I pause, was it too early to have another baby?

He nods, “I want another baby.” He tells me randomly.

My eyes start open in shock, “Have you been listening to me, babe?” I ask quietly and he nods slowly.

“You took a test before we left. What was the test for?”

“It was a pregnancy test, babe.” I tell him, kissing his head and stroking my hands through his hair. He nudges me, with his head a silent plea for me to continue. “I’m pregnant again.”

He shoots up into a startled sitting position, “Can you repeat that? You’re pregnant?!”

I nod slowly, “I can have an abortion if it’s too early… it’s just that, ya know, Lizzie’s about 20 months now, so come the new baby she’ll be two and a bit years old and that’s meant to be a healthy gap between children – they don’t get jealous or anything. I looked it all up.” I slowly sit up so I’m facing Mikey, worry etched into my face once more.

He leans forwards and kisses me, “It’s a great thing.” He whispers against my lips, pressing the back of his hand to my stomach. “I can’t believe I’m gonna be a daddy – again!”

“You are a daddy now.” I tell him, “But I don’t think Jamia and I can manage having Lizzie and me pregnant.” I tell him, biting my lip.

He nods, “It’s ok. After this weeks tour we have the next year ‘off’ to spend some time relaxing, writing some material – stuff that can be done at home. And without everyone there. Also, Christa’s here to stay; Ray’s totally head over heels.” He pulls me back down into a lying position, his hands on my stomach and my head on his chest.

“I’m so excited.” He tells me. “Can we have a little boy now?”