Dude Looks Like a Lady

Chapter 50: You Still Rock My World

Christmas Eve arrived, with Lizzie screaming. I lay there counting her screams, they didn’t die away so swearing slightly I shifted out of the bed, trying not to wake Mikey up. She and Mikey had very similar traits when they woke up – they were grumpy as hell. As I swung my legs out of bed and pushed the cover to one side, her screams stopped. Frowning a little I shrugged and got up anyway – she may well have stuffed her blanket in her mouth being Lizzie. She had both our tendencies to accidental suicide.

I swung myself out of bed and stood up, heading for her room. I grabbed my dressing gown from the back of our door, Christmas Eve or not I’d have to do the cooking and everyone else was turning up at some point today too. I opened the door to her room, and there she was. Lying on her back, smiling in her sleep and her blanket kicked right to the bottom of her bed. Sod’s law that.

I sighed and moved over, straightening her out and stretching her blanket over her. I stretched my own bones and glanced at the clock over her door. Swearing lightly once more I re – checked the time and saw that I’d have to sort out the rooms for our next lot of guests.

All the MCR boys were staying here, as were The Used and A7X were dropping in for a bit, just to say “hi” and so Brian could pick up the Christmas Specials. I started sorting out six other rooms, pulling mattresses into the one for Bert, Quinn, Jepha and Dan to share. I squished them all into one room because there was no way that Gee and Bob would like to share with them. Well, Bob might but who knows?

After vaguely sorting out the mattresses I dumped some bedding on them and some linen. Mikey could do that bit. I was holding my pregnancy responsible for the reason as to why I shouldn’t bother with actually making the beds. I’d done the strenuous bit already!

I headed down the stairs and towards the kitchen so I could make breakfast. Most people were arriving for brunch and I had decided that Brunch was going to be cold because then I could cook it now and get Lizzie bathed and dressed as well as myself and Mikey.

I began cooking the bacon for bacon and eggs, knowing that Frankie wouldn’t eat it I also started to make the rest of a full fried breakfast and some rather more “European” things as well. Almost over – heating the croissants and pains – aux – chocolat so they would still be vaguely hot when people came to eat them. I displayed the jams and butter before placing some plates next to the stove and sorting tea and coffee out for people. I made myself a quick cup of instant coffee and began to check on the fry up breakfast for people. It was all cooked so I took it off the stove to one side and emptied the dishwasher before refilling it.

Sighing I headed back upstairs to wake Lizzie up bath and dress her. I wandered into her room to find her absent. Raising an eyebrow I wander through to mine and Mikey’s room to find him absent too. Beginning to worry I checked each of the other rooms, coming to the bathroom last to find Mikey and Lizzie sharing a bath.

“I was more wet than she was so it made sense to share her bath.” Mikey told me without looking up from cleaning her hair. I just shook my head and laughed.

“You strange man, Mikey. Thanks for making the beds. Brunch is all settled, I just have to dress and wash.”

Mikey nods before pouting at me slightly, “Don’t I get a good morning kiss?”

I laugh and walk over to press and kiss to the top of his head. His arm wraps round my hips and pulls me onto the rim of the bath before pressing his lips to mine. “Morning.” I whisper against his lips.

He smiles, kissing me again before replying in a whisper. I grin and stand up to leave for our shower.

I showered swiftly and pulled my slightly longer bob back into a claw clip and began to pull on some boy – fit jeans and an off the shoulder woolly jumper that reached just under my ass. I sighed before applying some eyeliner and slipping some brightly coloured socks onto my feet.

I ran my hands over my face suddenly feeling drained and depressed. I seemed to be working non stop over the housework and was missing out on my daughters early years. I was here, waiting for the next baby, not really sure if I was ready for a second baby. And Mikey was having all the fun – he wasn’t the boring parent because he wasn’t at home all the time. Slowly I realised that I was resentful.

Mikey had the high paying job. Mikey had the loving family. Mikey had a huge fan base. Mikey had the fun eight months out of the house. Mikey had a group of friends who were his and loved him for that.

I was a working mother. My family hadn’t contacted me since my marriage. I wasn’t well liked by most of the fans. I was home all the damn time. My friends were in England and had forgotten me, my friend’s were Mikey’s.

I sighed and pushed the feelings aside. Mikey couldn’t help that he was in a band. He had a good lot in life, I didn’t. So what? I still loved Mikey very much and he still rocked my world.

I smiled slightly at the thought of Mikey rocking someone’s world literally and my smile grew to a laugh as I saw him playing his bass whilst someone’s world shook. Mikey entered the room, caught sight of my vaguely hysterical laugh and slipped next to me on the vanity bench.

“You ok, babe?” He whispered into my ear.

I nod slowly, “You know something hun?” He shook his head, “I resent you for all that you have and I don’t have. But, I still love you more than I can say simply because you rock my world.”

He raises an eyebrow, draping his arms round my neck, “I love you too. Very, very much. You’re a fantastic mother and wife.” His hands move to my baby bump, as the baby kicks. “I reckon I rock the little one’s world too.” He smiles before pressing his lips to my forehead, “I can guess that you’re hating the fact you’re home all the time, working for your label and such. If I could take you with us I would. But I don’t ever wish that Lizzie wasn’t born. She’s made us so strong.” I smile up at him, pouting to be kissed. The doorbell rings, followed by screams from Lizzie.

Christmas was arriving and it’s whirlwind would scoop me up and carry me away with it.
♠ ♠ ♠
My dear darling readers,
I am so sorry about the spazzy updates. But I only have bad news for you.
I am sitting some vaguely future changing exams very soon (AS if you live in England) and as I am set to fail them I really need to concentrate on trumping the school and showing them that I can do it. This spells disaster for my limited creative juices, so updates will be even worse.
However, every cloud has it's silver lining and this one is fairly silver. I should be all finished for my exams by the third (or possibly sixth) of June. After that (and my birthday on the 8th) I should be able to allow my creative juices a free rein. So it should be updates galore.
I will still be about on Mibba so feel free to chat to me and stuff, I just need to focus on my exams and not get caught up with Lou-and-Mikey problems.
You're all stars in my book and I think you're all fantastic for putting up with me and my terrible updates!!
Thank you so much for putting up with me and my story,
war_is_homo