Status: Finished

Moving Is the Hardest Part

Starlight, Don't Leave Me

Matt's Pov

"So what's Star doing?" Zack ask Syn as we all sit in the living room. "I dropped her off at Jake's house." Syn says. "Thought she was going home?" Lacey asks. "Jake left a note on the front door asking her to come over." "Oh...well we should go get ready for her party." Val suggest and the girls nod. "Cool see you later!" I say. The girls drive home, while the guys and I head over to my crib.

When I get the house I unlock the door and the first thing I hear is Nothing Left by As I Lay Dying blasting from up stairs. "Thought Star was at Jake's." Johnny says. "Yea me too." Syn says sitting down at the kitchen table. We all sit down, "So what are we going to-" Zacky stops talking and we all look at the steps.

"Y'all hear that?" Rev asks. "Yea...and that scream is not fitting with the song!" Jimmy says. The guys all look at me, "Lets go see whats going on." I say. "She probably saw a bug!" Syn jokes making us laugh as we head up stairs for Star's room.

Zacky's Pov

We get to Star's room and Matt knocks on the door, she doesn't answer, "Sherry you okay in there?" he asks. We hear the music get turned up, "Yep she's cool." Matt says walking away from the door. I look at the door and turn to head down stairs. "MATT?! MATT?!" Sherry screams from behind her door. The guys run over, Matt and I try to get the door open. "Sherry hold on I'm coming!" Matt yells desperately trying to get the door open. "Kick it the fuck down!" Jimmy yells and we all kick the door at the same time sending it flying to the floor. Sherry is pinned under Jake who is looking at us with fear in his eyes.

The guys all rip Jake off Sherry and start beating the crap out of him. "Sherry?!" my voice almost breaks at the sight of the bruised and blooded up girl laying before my very eyes. I run over to her, hold her shaking body tight and rock her back and forth. "Shhh...I'm here baby you're safe." I coo kissing the top of her head as she cries and holds on to me for dear life. Brian calls 911, Johnny takes Jake down stairs, Jimmy, Matt and I stay with Sherry.

Matt takes her to his room, Jimmy turns off the CD player and I grab a clean pair of underclothes for Sherry. Jimmy and I go into Matt's room and he's in the bathroom talking to Sherry. We hear the tube water start to run, "One of us will be out here if you need us." "...I'm sorry." I hear Sherry say. "No I'm sorry Starshine I didn't protect you." Matt opens the door and Jimmy hands him the underwear. "Here go your things." Matt throws them in the bathroom and shuts the door.

"You okay?" I ask. "...Na Zacky...I just watched my sister almost get raped." "How the hell did this happen?" Jimmy asks. "She broke up with him." Matt and I say together. "How'd you know?" Matt and Jimmy ask looking at me. "He did the same thing when that girl Jakie left him...only he got stopped by her dad." "I should have told Star not to go out with that bastard!" Matt says anger clear in his voice. "...We all wanted too...but she seemed happy." Jimmy says shaking his head. Johnny calls Matt down stairs and Jimmy follows.

I hear Sherry crying as she washes up and it's breaking my heart. I want to make all her pain stop and disappear, so she can be the girl before her mom died, before she moved here, before she meant Jake. If only I wasn't afraid that I might hurt her, hurt her more then Jake did today...not physically, but mentally. My thoughts are interrupted by the bathroom door opening. I look up and Sherry is mostly dry with wet hair all over her angel face hiding her tears and she has her towel wrapped around her body loosely, but just tight enough so it won't fall. She looks at me eying her body and I look down ashamed of myself.

"I'll get out so you can-" "Don't leave me!" she cries just above a whisper. I look at her and her eyes, her pupils big shining like stars beg me to stay. "I'll...look away." I turn my back to Sherry. I hear her thank me softly and a few of Matt's draws open and close. After a few minutes of moving around Sherry comes over to the bed and lets me know she's dressed. I turn around and she has on Matt's black sweats and his favorite Guns N Roses shirt.

I open my arms and Star sits next to me so I can hold her. "It's going to be okay." I tell her kissing the top of her head. "I always make the wrong decision's." she says sadly. I pick Star up and place her on my lap sideways. She rest her head on my shoulder and takes a deep breath, "We all make wrong decision's." I say. "You haven't." I chuckle, "You think so?" I question. "You always make the right decisions." Not this time. I think to myself.

Star yawned and started to trace little nothings on my hand. "You should get some sleep." I tell her. "I don't want to be alone in my dreams...I need you Zack." Sherry didn't know the words she said just light a fire in my heart, thou she didn't mean them the way I wanted. "I'll stay with you-" "Not in my dreams." she says as I lay back on the bed with her next to me.

"You'll dream of who and what you want and when you wake up I'll be right here by your side." I say wrapping Star up Matt's sheets. Star rests her head on my chest and I hold her tight gently rubbing her back. I sing to her lightly, "Lay your head down just for now, space fills your mind and you dream awhile. The sun floods your room as you drown, your lungs full of breathing, your true love believe." Her breathing slows ans I can hear the guys down stairs talking to the cops.

Star lets out a soft moan as I pull the sheets up to her shoulder. I think about what me and the guys walked in on and I want to beat the shit out of Jake. He had no right to abuse such a girl like Star. I should have never let Brian give her a ride, but what would that have done? I close me eyes and listen to Stars climb breathing taking my mind off ever thing."One more time to say I love you always, and keeping faith letting love find away." I sing admitting my feelings to a sleeping Star. It wasn't long after I fell asleep with Star...my Starlight held closely in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey y'all i'm back with the updates tell me what you think!!