I Want To Marry My Stalker

I think I need a map

I slowly follow behind him still in complete awe of the house. I hear a sigh and look at Jace to see him shaking his head.
“What?” I ask and he just shakes his head some more. I give him the “you better tell me or else” look and he laughs.
“Every time I turn around you’re ten feet behind me with your head looking in all different directions. It’s just a house little one.”
“No, not a house, this place is a mansion! Seriously I feel like royalty should live here! Not me.” I said shaking my head and looking around. I look back at Jace and he’s shaking his head again.
“Stop. This is your house now too. Trust me we can afford to have a few of these houses. Stop worrying and enjoy. And walk a little faster. We are definitely late for dinner!” My eyes go wide and I run past him, grabbing his arm in the process to drag him along.
“Wait, I don’t know where I’m going! You need to show me!” I stay while trying to push him a head of me. He just laughs and laughs and starts walking a little faster. We finally got to the dining table what seemed like ten minutes later. I really am going to need a map to this place.
No one is even sitting down at the table. I guess we aren’t as late as we thought we were. Then I hear a bunch of pans clanking together and laughing. I turn around to see Jace trying to hide a smile. I walk towards the door and the sounds just get louder and louder. I push open the door to see Willow and Uncle Dan covered in pepperoni, pizza sauce, and cheese with pans all over the kitchen. Uncle Dan has the biggest smile I’ve ever seen and Willow is just shaking her head. They sure do that a lot. Jace bursts out laughing.
“So are we ordering now? Looks like the whole make it ourselves didn’t go well… again.”
Willow had a small, kind of devious smile on her face. “I’m going to go change. I’ll be back in a bit. Pepperoni pizza better be at least ordered by the time I come back down. I’m freaking hungry.” She walks past me and Uncle Dan shrugs.
“She hasn’t been smiling. This was all I could think of. It worked for a bit. I just wish her and that kid would figure things out. When they aren’t fighting she seems really happy.”
“I don’t know Uncle Dan. She’ll be fine. For now we have to order food so she doesn’t eat us when she comes back!” Uncle Dan nods and picks up the phone. I walk back into the dining room and sit down. It’s weird being here. They seem to go to such lengths to see each other happy. They actually don’t want to see each other in pain. I don’t really understand because I’ve never actually been around people who feel this way. I look over to see Jace and his uncle walking through the door laughing. Jace holds his hand out to me.
“Come on, we’re going to watch a movie; your choice.” I nod
“I’ll catch up in a second” I say smiling. I walk slightly behind them thinking. I’ve never really seen a movie. I’m always too busy doing Nate’s homework. I walk into a room after them and my jaw drops. I should get a strap for it because I feel like it’s doing that constantly now.
The room was huge! It had like fifty seats in it and they looked so comfortable. There was a popcorn machine, cotton candy machine, and pretzels! There was also a bunch of chips with a weird machine next to them.
“Want a pretzel with cheese?” Jace asked. I shrugged and half nodded. We went over to that weird machine and started pumping it. When he said a pretzel with cheese I kind of sort of pictured a pretzel with slices of cheese. I definitely didn’t think of liquid cheese…
When Jace told me to pick a movie I just kept shrugging. I had no idea what movies were good or bad. I didn’t even know what type of movies I liked. One day and I’ve really realized how sheltered and caged Nate kept me.
Jace’s phone went off and he answered it. He talked for a few minutes and then stood.
“Hey Uncle Tom, that was Willow. I, uh, have to go help her with something. Can you hang out with Rachelle and make sure she eats?” His uncle gave him a knowing look and nodded.
“Is everything ok?” I asked quietly.
“Yeah, Willow just takes on more than she can handle sometimes. She’s a handful but Jace takes good care of her. Their parents are completely worthless. They both have their issues but they are good kids who take care of each other, and me. They’ll be ok.” He said and pressed play.