I Don't Want a Halo, I Just Want Your Love

The Key

That night itself, Delilah made sure she hunted down the werewolf so that she could focus on hunting the demon who killed her student.

She reached back to her apartment and sat down on the couch. She turned on the television to get her mind off things but decided against it as she slammed the remote down onto the small table next to the couch.

She rubbed her temples with one hand before she began sobbing. Sandra didn't deserve to die. She was too young. She had a whole life ahead of her.

The next morning, she was back in school. Alice was there too, though she seemed to be staring into space alot.

"Laila?" she heard someone call out her name.

She turned around and saw one of her collegue, Daniel Scheffer looking at her before shifting his gaze to Alice. "A fed wants to see you in your classroom," he said.

She nodded her head and mumbled a thanks before turning towards the building. Feds?, her mind starting racing as she walked into the class.

In there, she saw a really tall guy who looked to be in his mid-twenties turned to look at her.

"Miss Cooper?" his brown eyes looked into hers.

She nodded her head as she partially sat at her desk, arms crossed. "I'm detective Sherman," he put out his fake badge to let her see, "I was wondering if I can ask you some questions about your student Sandra Davis?"

"Okay," she carefully picked her words.

"I was told that she had a Math class with you on that day and that you are the first teacher who found her?"

Delilah nodded her head. "Was she behaving strangely during your class? Signs that made her look like she was having a problem? Anything like that?"

"The only problem she had was to not stop talking," Delilah said - causing the fake detective to chuckle softly - before adding, "But that's how cheereladers are. I don't think she was behaving strangely because she was caught cheating on her Math test with Alice."

The fake detective looked at her, mouth opened a little before he cleared his throat and looked down onto his notepad.

"When you arrived at the scene, was there any strange smell in the surrounding? Like a really bad smell?" he asked.

"Like sulphur?" she decided that enough was enough.

He quickly looked up at her, surprised. She half-scoff, hald-laughed. "I know alot about these things. Enough to know that the badge is a fake," she turned to walk behind the desk to sit on the chair.

"I don't know what you're talking about," his voice showed signs of nervousness as he reached into his jacket.

She rolled her eyes. "I'm not a demon," she stated causing him to stop and stare at her.

"Are you -"

"A hunter? Yes," she replied, crossing her arm again.

He faked a laugh. "I guess you caught me red-handed," he said.

"What's your real name?" she decided to ask.

"Sam Winchester," he answered and that caused her to stand up to glare at him.

"Sam Winchester?" she repeated and he nodded his head in an uncertain manner. "As in the Winchester who bloody opened the Devil's Gate?"

His face expression changed as he looked at his hands. "It was a mistake," he mumbled.

"Damn right it was," she hissed.

"I'm not here to listen to something I've already heard from other hunters or demons out there, okay? I'm here to do my job," he snapped.

She kept quiet as she tried to keep her temper in control. That's when Delilah decided to turn to look at him. "I also heard your brother's out from Hell. Where is he?"

Sam turned to look outside the door and she followed his gaze. Speak of the devil, she thought when she saw Dean coming into the class, his eyes looking at back and forth to her and his brother.

"What's going on?" he slowly asked.

"She's a hunter, Dean," Sam said, keeping the notepad into his pocket.

Dean turned to look at Delilah and immediately, he had the smirk. She scoffed and rolled her eyes causing him to frown.

"This is my town," she stated and turned to look at Sam, "my case. I don't need you to mess things up for me like you did with the Gate."

There was silence in the room before Dean decided on speaking, "Okay then. We'll see you soon," he said as he turned to walk away.

Sam looked at his brother in disbelief. "What?" he said in a high-pitched tone.

Dean turned and pointed to Delilah. "The lady said she can handle this, Sammy. Let the lady do her job," and with that, he left the room.

Sam grumbled something as he followed his brother out the class. As soon as the Winchesters are gone, she sighed in relief as she stumbled into the chair. She hated it when there were other hunters around her. It made her feel nervous.

Outside, Sam caught up with his brother. "Dean, are we seriously going to let her have the case alone? It could be Alistair for god's sake!"

Before Dean could answer, they felt a cold rush of wind. When they turned to the direction the wind was coming from they saw the angel that had pulled Dean out from Hell - Castiel.

"Have you located Alistair?" Castiel asked, his voice so deep yet it sounded so wise.

"We're in a middle of a discussion here," Dean snapped, feeling annoyed.

Castiel's eyes shifted to look at Dean, his gaze causing Dean to gulp. "There is no time. You need to locate Alistair and and bring him to us," Castiel slowly said.

"So Alistair is here?" Sam asked, looking at Castiel.

"Traces of evidence that the angels found led him to be in this town," Castiel replied, looking at the teenagers leaving the school.

"So this could be his work?" Dean asked on.

Castiel turned and walked towards Dean. "A lot of seals are being broken, Dean. The most important seal is located somewhere."

"What does that have to do with this frigging town?" Dean asked, getting a little impatient with the angel's stupid riddle.

"It's not the town that is tied with the seal. It's someone," Castiel walked towards the school, his hands in the pocket of his beige trenchcoat as he took in the building's structure.

"Wait, did you just say someone?" Sam asked, confused.

Castiel turned to look at the Winchester boys. "Delilah Cooper. Protect her from evil," he said.

"She said she can handle it," Dean murmured.

"She needs to be protected at all cost," Castiel repeated his words slowly - that it sounded like an order.

"Why?" Dean snapped.

Castiel turned to look at the building again. "She is the key to the seal," he said, causing Sam and Dean to gasp.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa-oh! What's gonna happen?