I Don't Want a Halo, I Just Want Your Love

A woman and a baby

Image

She parked the Plymouth outside a two-storey house. From inside her car, she stared at the house she had not stepped in for a very long time. Was her dad still living there?

Delilah got out of the car and started towards the house. She was finally at the door. Looking around, memories of her childhood with her dad started to come back. They used to be really close in the past.

She looked around once again, this time, taking in her surroundings. Everything seemed to have change. "Are you sure your dad lives here?" Dean asked, as he stood next to her.

She nodded her head as she took a deep breath. "Why?" she decided to ask, as she raised her eyebrow.

"I dunno," Dean said pointing around him. "There are kids suff." Delilah looked around and noticed that he was telling the truth. There were toys everywhere - not in a messy way of course.

She shrugged. "Maybe the new owners know where he went," she said as she pressed the doorbell.

"And if they don't?" Dean asked, frowning a little as footsteps got close from behind the closed door.

"Then I'll have to find another way," she said and the door was opened. When she turned, she found her mouth formed an O in surprise.

There, right before her was her dad - wearing a green tee and a cargo shorts [something he would rather die than be caught wearing]. He looked at her and his mouth fell wide open. "Laila," her dad stuttered.

"Who's at the door, honey?" Delilah looked past her dad and noticed a blonde haired woman walking up to them. Oh, that wasn't the only person walking up to him. In the woman's arm was a baby.

The woman stopped dead on her tracks when she saw Delilah. "Laila," she spoke.

Delilah glared at her dad and pointed to the woman. "This is what you've been doing since I left?" she spat, venom in her tone. She was starting to see red.

Her dad shook his head and waved her off. "It's time for you to know that I got married again after your mom."

Delilah could feel tears forcing their way out of her. She balled her fists - she could feel Dean shifted awkwardly.

"Don't tell me you've come back to tell me that you got married in Vegas," Her dad looked behind her and pointed to the Dean causing the latter to chuckle. Then her dad added, "With this punk?"

She turned to look at Dean whose facial expression change from amused to a frown. "Whoa whoa whoa, who're you calling a punk?" Dean snapped. "I am -"

"My husband!" Delilah blurted as she grabbed Dean's hand. Dean scoffed as he looked at her, his expression confused. She ignored his gaze as she turned to her dad. "And guess what, dad?" she paused before adding, "Dean's a hunter too."

Her dad looked back and forth to her and Dean. "Dean Winchester? Not the Dean Winchester -" her dad asked.

"That's him," Delilah said hugging Dean tight. Dean looked down at her and she gave him her puppy look. He sighed softly before wrapping his arms around her, faking a smile.

"Why are you married to the brainless man who opened the Devil's Gate?" her dad was starting to loose his patience.

"Doesn't matter, daddy," she looked up to the blonde haired woman and asked, "You're Hilary, right?" The woman looked confused but nodded her head. "So I'm guessing that you have been lying to me all the time," Delilah added, hurt.

Her dad opened his mouth to speak but she interrupted, "How could you? How could you lie to me about Mom running off with another guy when all along," she paused and looked at her dad with such anger through her wet eyes, "It was you who was fooling around?"

"You've got it all wro -"

"Oh, I do, huh?" she snapped, half-laughing. "And where's the Brennan guy? Your son?"

Delilah could hear Hilary whimper. She looked at the latter and narrowed her eyes. "He's missing," Hilary started to shake.

"Missing?" Dean spoke up, taking a step forward, "Missing as in?"

"As in he didn't come home after his high school reunion dinner," her dad said, looking at the floor. "It's been a few months already."

She stared at her dad before turning to walk away. "Where do you think you're going, young lady?" she heard her dad call out.

"Away from you and all the bullshit you've raised me to believe," she replied, feeling disgusted as she walked towards her Plymouth.

She started to shake and she felt someone holding onto her shoulder. When she looked up, it was Dean. He gave her an awkward smile. "I know I am not in any business to hold you since we're not cool and all," Dean rambled before looking up at her, "But I think I should drive the car while you rest."

For once. since meeting him, she didn't argue. She was too tired to do so. Just after she handed the her keys to Dean, the latter's phone rang.

She turned and got into the car.

"Cas is where? ... Okay. ... Okay. We'll be right there." Dean got into the driver's seat and started the ignition. "That was Sam. He wants us to come to the motel right away."

"Why?" Delilah asked.

"Because he might have found something on your student," he replied as he drove the car. Delilah kept quiet as she stared at the long road before her through wet eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I'm a little slow in putting up stories, but I do hope you like it.
Please please please comment cause it inspires me to write more. :D

This chapter goes to everyone who has been reading this, commenting on this and even subbing on this story.

I know I promise that Sam and Cas will show up in this chapter, but this time, believe me when I say that the the two would appear in the next!