Diamond Girl

HEY HEY YOU YOU I DON'T LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND!

When I woke up the next morning the first thing I did was sigh, I seemed to be doing a lot of that lately. That hit on the head must have done something to me because my mind had straightened itself out and decided that yes, I did want Gabriel Saporta.

I think if he hadn't of had a girlfriend I would have made a move right then and there, but that was the whole problem – he had a girlfriend.

“Gabe, wake up.” I muttered, shaking his shoulder, smiling as his eyes opened drowsily. “Honestly, if I had of passed off from sleep to unconciousness you would never have known.” Shaking my head I got up slowly.

He groaned. “I suppose I should be leaving now that the night's through.” He started towards the door and was on the second step of the staircase when my heart leapt into my throat in a sudden act of courage.

“I love you.” I whispered in the quietest tone of voice, watching as his steps faltered for a fraction of a second before continuing to descend the stairs.

I closed my eyes briefly and put my hand over my face, biting my lip hard enough to draw blood. Some days, I hated my life.

Picking up my iphone I dialled a number I knew all too well. “Pete...can you ask Ashlee to come over?” I whined pitifully before bounding downstairs and settling myself on the lounge with a tub of ice cream.

***

“...and now! Now I really like him you know?! I want him soooooo bad!”

“Why don't you tell him that then?”

I sighed, picking up the phone dejectedly. “Okay.” Walking over to the CD player, I put a CD in before dialling the number.

“Hola?”

“...HEY HEY YOU YOU, I DON'T LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND! NO WAY NO WAY, THINK YOU NEED A NEW ONE! HEY HEY YOU YOU I COULD BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND!!....”

“...That's totally not what I meant.” she commented after I hung up.

“Well last time I didn't do something like this Peter yelled at me! You people are so confusing!”

“Was your caller ID on?”

“...shit.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short but bear with me oh ye faithful ones.