Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Scandal

"Coffee?" Jake slid a cup in front of me as I smiled but kept my attention on the evidence.
"Thanks," I smiled at him looking at the time seeing as it was getting closer to 6 am, "Ryan's going to be in soon."
"Why don't you go take a break?"
"Because this guy won't stop until we stop him," I sighed looking at Jake.
"Fresh eyes will help me," He smiled as I nodded.
"I'm going to go for a quick run by the beach," I nodded at him.
"Alright," He went to look at what I started.
"If there's anything, call me."
"First on my list," He flashed a smile.

I headed out to the beach as the cool morning air felt good right now. I listened to the music flow through my headphones as I took my run. It was actually waking me up now. As I stopped to catch my breath, my phone rung which I thought was Jake but noticed it was a number I didn't know.

"Hello?"
"Sylar, hey, it's me," I heard Eric's voice as I smiled.
"New number?"
"Yeah," He chuckled a little, "I've been meaning to call you but I was working a case in LA."
"Oh yeah, last week," I nodded.
"Yeah, well hey, are you doing anything?"
"No, well kinda," I started walking as I thought for a second, "What's wrong?"
"Nothing, why would you think anything's wrong?"
"Because normally when you ask me to go do something you just say it, not ask if I'm doing anything."
"I guess I do, don't I?"
"Yeah, so what's up?"
"Can you meet me on the board walk?"
"Well yeah," I sighed as I looked towards the board walk and more people starting to walk on it.
"Ok."

After I hung up the phone, I made my way to the edge of the board walk where I seen Eric looking over the edge, thinking.

"Delko, thinking? Wow, it must be serious," I laughed as I went to sit on the wooden railing as he smiled at me.
"That's the greeting I get after saving your life?" He laughed.
"Eh, what are you going to do about it?" I shrugged as I nodded at him, "So what's up?"
"Ok, so I already told you I had a case in LA right?"
"Yeah," I nodded, "And?"
"And there was this girl we were investigating in a string of burglaries when I happened to come upon this tape," He pulled it out and handed it to me.
"Is my killer on it?" I asked hoping it'd break the case or something.
"No," He shook his head, "She gave this tape to me, personally because of something I should know about the new CSI."
"And why are you giving this to me?" I questioned as he gave me a look.
"Her name was Anna-" Eric started to get out as my attentioned snapped back to him.
"What?"
"She said two of the CSIs in Miami aren't exactly innocent and while it's none of my business, it was my job to figure out what she was talking about."
"Eric, you know I'm not involved in anything illegal-"
"I know," He sighed looking at me, "And I'm sorry I had to watch what was on the tape."
"What exactly is on the tape?" I raised an eyebrow half knowing what was and half hoping it was something else.
"It was you and Jesse," He looked at me, "In a very intimate situation."
"Eric, what are you-" I was about to go on when I realized what he was talking about, "But how did she?"
"So you were that close with Jesse?"
"Yes," I nodded, "It was in the past, we were carefree, adventerous, pushed our own limits."
"But this," He motioned to the tape, "Was in the past right?"
"Way before I met Ryan," I nodded as I thought for a second, "Has anyone else said anything?"
"No, but before Anna got out on bail and fled LA, she said she'd tell the two on the tape to watch their back because she pulls the strings now."
"Thanks," I nodded as I was thinking when my phone rang, "Damn. I've got to go, but um, it was good seeing you again."
"Yeah, maybe next time we can actually be able to hang out without it being drama filled."
"Yeah," I smiled, "And you can come spend time with your godson."
"I'll have to."
"Laters, Eric."

Heading back into the lab, I seen Jesse as I walked up to him, slamming the tape into his chest.

"Next time, don't stalk some crazy ass girl," I glared as I walked away from him as he looked down at the tape.
"What is it?"
"Figure it out!" I stormed off into the lab where Jake was as I stood next to him, "Anything?"
"No," He rubbed his eyes, "This guy's really starting to get to me."
"I know," I sighed as I looked at the evidence and then the pictures of the people he killed when the profiler side of me kicked in, "Can you get me a map?"
"Yeah," He nodded as he got one of the area as I hung it up to look at everything.

Making connections from the three women who were dead already, I studied the map as Ryan walked into the room with us.

"Guys, a report just went out, a girl from Miami University just went missing after her jog this morning," Ryan looked at us as I looked at the map.
"Where exactly?"
"Campus park," He mentioned as I marked it then turned to look at him.
"Come on, we've got to go," I looked at Jake as Ryan watched us.
"Wait, I want in."
"Ryan, it's dangerous," I looked at him.
"We could use a fresh pair of eyes," Jake shrugged as I sighed.
"Fine," I sighed as I hoped that maybe we could catch whoever it was before another bod turned up.