Sequel: Black Rose

Statues Without Eyes

Take It to the Limit

Over the next few days, I was at the track a lot as Ryan slowly got better. He was just still really tired but he was over the whole puking thing. Plus his fever broke the same day he got it. Just when Tyler went to take a nap, Ryan would take a nap, it was so cute.

Competition was tomorrow and I was still nervous about getting back out to the track. Not to mention I had to be on a plane tonight to get to Las Vegas, rest, then be up early in the morning to get some practice in then wait around. Kyle and Caleb were going with me to compete in the amatuer circle in hopes of getting found by someone this time too. Jake was also going along since he was the boys' manager now.

Ryan wasn't going since he had to do security duty for some high end party thing the same Saturday that I was competiting but he promised to call me and I'd check in with him as well too. I also knew Jesse was going to the same party, not as security, but a guest. Mainly because Anna was there and he was still in love with her too, which could be dangerous.

I was sitting on my bike, catching my breath from my last run as Kyle and Caleb came over to me.

"Sy? You ready to go back out there?" asked Kyle as he looked at me.
"I guess so," I shrugged as I looked at him, "What time is it?"
"About 3," He looked at his watch as I nodded.
"Last run and I really have to go pack and spend some time with Ryan before I go," I looked at him, "Which you two better make sure that you have everything."
"Is our gear flying with us?" asked Caleb.
"Yeah," I sighed, "It's the only way we could get everything there last minute but usually we travel in a bus with it."
"Oh, ok."

I finally made it back into home at 4 as Ryan was just now waking up with Tyler again.

"There's mommy," Ryan smiled as I took Tyler in my arms.
"I'm covered in sweat and dirt," I laughed as I looked at Tyler then at Ryan.
"So?" Ryan shrugged, "I'm covered in drool."
"I guess we're even then," I smirked as re-balanced Tyler in my arms, "So, I've got a few hours."
"I was going to suggest ice cream or coffee," Ryan shrugged.
"How's your stomach?" I asked not wanting him to get sick again.
"Better," He smiled as Tyler looked towards him.
"How about we take a walk through the park as a family?" I smiled at him.
"I like that idea."
"I know, because I'm that awesome," I smirked as Ryan rolled his eyes at me.

We finally got the stroller around as we headed to take a walk on a nice evening. It was beautiful out, the sun wasn't too high in the sky as we walked as a family for a whlie. By time it was 8, we were back at home, Ryan was playing with Tyler as I was finishing packing for the flight that I had at 11. We had to leave early just to get on the plane which sucked but still.

"Alright," I walked out of the room with another suitcase, "I've got to get going."
"Do you have to?" Ryan pleaded as I nodded.
"Yeah."
"Jake picking you up?"
"In like 15 minutes," I looked at him as he slowly stood up with Tyler.
"You better call when you land and update me on what's going on," Ryan walked closer as I smiled.
"I will."
"Be careful out there too," He slowly touched my cheek as I nodded feeling tears start to form.
"I will."
"I love you," Ryan leant into me to kiss me lightly as I kissed him back when was starting to get intense when there was a knock at the door which I broke away from him, "I've got to go."
"I know."
"Be good for daddy," I kissed Tyler quickly, "And I'll be back by Monday."
"Have fun," Ryan smiled as I kissed him one last time.
"Love you too," I smirked as I headed out the door to the car with Jake.

The plane ride there wasn't too bad since I mainly spent my time going over rules and everything with the guys which passed time. The plane finally landed around 1 am in Vegas which the time thing was messing me up but still. I quickly called Ryan as I headed to bed then fell into a peaceful sleep.

Competition day was busy, but still I was stoked about it. I had been watching Kyle and Caleb race and do some small tricks as I waited to go on which was soon. I headed to get my bike, competed in the FMX face then it was time for me to really shine in which I was given the whole track just to do anything that I wanted and show off. I was so stoked about it, especially now since I had just finished two runs.

It was my last run that I was about to do in which Ryan had his full attention on a small screen at work with the rest of the CSIs attention as well. Only I just didn't know that they were watching me, not that it would matter right now since my attention was on this run. I had to pull something, something that would put me back on top after being gone for so long.

As I felt the wind rush past me, I easily executed tirck after trick until I came across my last trick which I was attempting to do two back flips then pulling a cliffhanger at the end since I hadn't seen anyone do it before. Just as I came around for my second flip, I went to set up for my cliffhanger when one of my hands slipped on the back as I struggled to get back to my bike which wasn't happening right now. For the next few seconds, I was free falling from the sky as I prayed that I'd be ok when I landed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Keep an eye out for the sequel coming soon!