The True Betrayers

Fire Dragon of Hell vs. Water Dragon of Heaven

"I need to stop." Kanashii says after nearly two hours of running.

"All right." Itachi says, coming to a stop. Kanashii collapses onto a log.

"Sorry..." Kanashii says, looking away from Itachi.

"It's all right, but...when was the last time you ran this much?" Itachi asks, looking at Kanashii with questioning eyes.

"Um....when we were running from the Uchiha compound..." Kanashii says after a moment.

"So you haven't in....six years!" Itachi says, looking at Kanashii with surprise.

"Has it really been that long? It seems like only a couple months." Kanashii says, looking at the sky with distant eyes.

"I know...but I do have a question. What did you tell them so they wouldn't be suspicious?" Itachi asks, looking at Kanashii with raised eyebrows.

"That I wasn't home..." Kanashii says with a shrug.

"And they actually FELL for it?!" Itachi questions, looking at her with a grin.

"Yep." Kanashii says as a small smile crosses her face.

"Konoha ninja really ARE suckers!" Itachi says as he laughs.

"Well, it helped that I showed them memories of the day before, when I was ACTUALLY late coming home." Kanashii says with a shrug.

"Yeah, I suppose." Itachi says, straightening up. Suddenly, Kanashii's eyes widen when she sees something moving in the bush not far from her.

"Dammit!!" Kanashii shouts as she tries to stand up. Suddenly, a kunai comes flying toward her, and hits her in the right leg. "All right, who's there!" Kanashii demands, and watches as a girl walks out of the bush, and stands in front of her. "AYA?!!" Kanashii says, looking at the girl in astonishment.

"Hey. I heard you joined Akatsuki." Aya says with a smile.

"Yeah...what about it?" Kanashii questions, looking at Aya with suspicious eyes.

"Betraying your village, again, huh?" Aya asks, looking at Kanashii with joking eyes.

"Shut up! What would you know about it? After all, you became a rogue-nin five years ago!" Kanashii shouts, glaring at Aya.

"Yeah, and I traveled with a certain someone, and learned a lot. There's a lot of rumors going around about you, though." Aya says, looking directly into Kanashii's eyes.

"That so. Well, why don't you enlighten me on what some of them are." Kanashii says, looking at Aya with angry eyes.

"That you've been plotting against Konoha since THAT day." Aya says, shrugging.

"We don't have time for this! We have to get back, and treat your wound, Kanashii!" Itachi says in a stern voice.

"Don't worry. This won't take long." Kanashii says as she hunches down slightly. She pulls the kunai out of her leg with a swift motion, and tears part of her shirt. She wraps the cloth around the new wound.

"You're actually going to challenge me when you're injured?" Aya asks, looking at Kanashii with raised eyebrows.

"I can still make hand signs!" Kanashii shouts as she performs a series of hand signs before shouting, "Hell Fire Dragon!!" Itachi looks at her, and smiles as the dragon made out of purple and black flames appears. "Still think I'm weak?!" Kanashii demands, looking up at the dragon.

"Same old trick." Aya says in a disappointed voice. She does her own series of hand signs, and shouts, "Dragon of the Waters of Heaven Jutsu!"

*Well, this should be an interesting fight. Can't wait to see who'll win this battle!* Itachi mentally says as a grin plasters itself across his face. The two dragons fly at each other, and fog begins to rise the moment they touch.

"Hm..." Itachi whispers, watching with non-blinking eyes. The fog slowly disappears, revealing both Konoichi's breathing hard. He watches as Aya falls to her knees.

"Done....already....huh? ....ha!" Kanashii says in between big gulps of air. She suddenly falls backwards against the tree behind her. "Dammit! Lost too much...blood..." She mutters ass she closes her eyes, and passes out from blood loss. Itachi laughs.

"That sure was interesting!" Itachi says with a grin on his face. He goes, and picks Kanashii up before running off in the direction of the Hideout.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two in one night! Yippee!!
Peace!!
KcA