The True Betrayers

Deep Hatred of One's Abilities

To Kanashii's surprise, he merely turns away from her.

"You'll get your punishment later." Itachi says before he walks out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

Later that night, Itachi walks back into the room, and looks at her. To her surprise, all he does is lean against the wall, falling asleep. She sighs, falling back onto the bed.

"Guess I'm not going anywhere tonight..." Kanashii says with a sigh as she shuts her eyes and falls asleep as well.

The next day, Kanashii sits up, only to see Itachi looking at her from in front of the door.

“Ready?” Itachi questions, looking at Kanashii with critical eyes.

“For what?” Kanashii asks, looking at Itachi with genuine confusion on her face. He merely grins.

“Training ..... of course. Since you ONCE AGAIN tried to escape last night, I figured you’re strength and chakra are fully healed.” Itachi says with a shrug as he watches her reaction to his words.

“And?” Kanashii asks, looking at him with eyes that clearly demand elaboration in just what he’s getting at.

“We’re going to train again. Though instead of learning Ninjutsu and Genjutsu moves, we’ll be training in Taijutsu.” Itachi says with a smile, knowing full well that Kanashii isn’t very good at Taijutsu.

*Great!! I suck at Taijutsu!* Kanashii mentally shouts, glaring at Itachi as a smug look covers his face for the span of about three seconds before it’s once again replaced with his emotionlessness.

“All right.” Kanashii says, giving in. She gets off the bed, and follows Itachi out of the room, toward the training area.

Once outside, Kanashii turns to look at Itachi for instruction on just what she’s supposed to do.

“All right. Come at me with everything you’ve got.” Itachi says, motioning for her to come at him. Kanashii sighs before running at Itachi at top speed. He suddenly disappears, causing Kanashii to stop in an attempt to locate exactly where he had gone to. She freezes when she fells a kunai pressed against her back.

“Not fast enough.” Itachi says in a voice used to instruct children. She spins around to face him, only to be rewarded by a kick to the stomach. She flies backward, and into the same tree she had hit countless times during their last training session. She lays on the ground for a moment, trying to catch her breath as Itachi walks toward her with anger in the lines of his face.

“You need to work on your speed.” Itachi says as he looks down at her. “Get up.” He commands. Kanashii gets to her feet before looking up at him. He grins when he sees her Sharingan activated and the pins spinning.

*The pain probably caused her to unconsciously activate it.* Itachi mentally decides after a moment. He watches with an inner grin as Kanashii throws her arms in the air.

“God dammit!! Why can I not hit you, no matter what I do!?” Kanashii demands, looking like she’s about to rip her own hair out in her irritation. She turns a glare to Itachi.

“Because, you’re weak. If you had come with me that day, than you’d be strong enough to beat me. So, what do you say? Are you willing to put ALL of your time and energy into training?” Itachi questions, baiting her with something he knows she won’t refuse. Mainly, the chance to beat him. Kanashii lifts her head, and grins challengingly.

“Of course I am! We shall see who will win, cousin!” Kanashii says, waving her hand back and forth, only to stumble a bit. Itachi catches her, effectively pulling her to her feet. She stands up on slightly shaking legs for a moment before straightening out.

“All right. Let us see what you can do!” Itachi says as he poofs away, only to appear about twenty feet away. Kanashii grins as she runs at him. She does a serious of hand signs.

“Sign of Destruction, Fan of Flames Jutsu!” Kanashii shouts, throwing her arm into the air. When it comes back down, she’s holding her fan. She jumps into the air, but to Itachi’s surprise, she teleports to a tree. She throws her fan at him before quickly making another serious of hand signs.

“Spread of Destruction, Flame Mountain Jutsu!” Kanashii shouts before throwing her arms out. Itachi is suddenly surrounded by flames.

“Impressive.” Itachi says, looking at the flames with a critical eye before disappearing just before the attack hits. He appears behind Kanashii. “But you’ll have to do better than that to beat me!” Itachi says into Kanashii’s ear. She swiftly jumps away from him before reaching into her pouch on her left leg. She grabs about three shuriken before pulling them out and throwing them at him.

“Using weapons now, huh?” Itachi questions with a hint of disappointment in his voice. He grabs the shuriken out of the air before throwing them back at Kanashii. They hit her in the side of the arm, effectively making her loose her balance and fall out of the tree. She skids to a stop on her knees about five feet away from the tree she had been standing in.

“I still can’t catch you!! Even though you’ve been teaching me for almost two months now!” Kanashii shouts, disgust in her voice at her own incapability to match his strength.

“Maybe you should us your Mangekyo Sharingan.” Itachi says, gauging Kanashii’s reaction to his suggestion with critical eyes.

“NO!!” Kanashii shouts, glaring at Itachi as soon as the words get out of his mouth. He looks at her with narrowed eyes.

“Why do you refuse to use your eyes to their full potential?!” Itachi demands, looking at her with anger.

“It’s a curse to have it! Everyone I care about ends up hurt because of ‘it’” Kanashii says, putting hate and venom into the last word.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long to get this one up...

Peace!!
KcA