The True Betrayers

Severally Wounded

Itachi runs inside, where he comes across Kisame.

"Hey, isn't that the girl from before?" Kisame questions, looking at the unconscious Kanashii.

"Shut up, Kisame. Get out of the way!" Itachi says, glaring at Kisame.

"What the hell's wrong with you?" Kisame says. For some reason, his eyes drift downward, and he spots blood dripping down Itachi's left arm. "You're bleeding!" Kisame says.

"That doesn't matter right now. I need to treat her wounds." Itachi says in a stern voice. Kisame looks at Kanashii, and back up at Itachi's hard face.

"What happened to the girl?" Kisame asks. Itachi just ignores him, and walks down the hall, towards his room.

"Now, let's see what they all did." Itachi says as he lays Kanashii on his bed. He lifts her shirt up a little bit, only to see about six huge bruises. "I guess I'll start with these." Itachi says in a tight voice. He sighs, and takes out a medic bag. He pulls out some ointment, and a roll of bandage.

"There!" Itachi says as he sits up after applying the ointment on Kanashii's bruises and cuts, and bandaging them. He pulls her shirt back down, and moves her hair out of her eyes. "So, you still have the scare, huh?" I wonder why it's never healed." Itachi says, looking at the bruise that covers Kanashii's whole left eye.

A couple hours pass. Kanashii slowly wakes up. When she regains her vision, she sees Itachi sitting next to her, stroking her hair.

"What the hell!" Kanashii yells as she springs up, and jumps off the bed.

"You still regret that day, don't you." Itachi says, looking at Kanashii. Her eyes widen. She sighs, and sits back down on the bed.

"Part of me does, but part of me doesn't." Kanashii says in a small voice as she looks at the ground.

"You haven't changed any." Itachi says with a smile.

"You haven't either, even if you try to hide it." Kanashii says, looking up into his eyes. Itachi laughs, and looks into Kanashii's as well.

"Are you ready to join us? After all, you can't go back to Konoha." Itachi says, looking at her intently.

"I have to go get my stuff, and I don't think I want to join the Akatsuki. I may be a rogue ninja, but I still have myself." Kanashii says, looking up at the ceiling.

"All right, but you are staying here until your wounds heal." Itachi says in a stern voice that says there's no questioning it.

"All right." Kanashii says witha sigh.

The day passes without much to report. Then next day comes.

"Kanashii....it's time to change your bandages." Itachi says.

"All right." Kanashii says as she sits down in a chair while Itachi changes her bandages. "Oww!" Kanashii shouts as she flinches.

"This one has become infected." Itachi says, running a finger over one of the wounds on Kanashii's back, causing her to flinch.

"What are we going to do?" Kanashii questions.

"I'm going to have to get the infection out." Itachi says. Kanashii bites her tongue as Itachi shoves the kunai into the wound.

"Damn, that hurts!" Kanashii growls.

"Almost done." Itachi says. A few seconds later, he pulls the kunai out. They hear a knock on the door, and Itachi goes outside the room. "What do you want? I'm busy." He says, sounding irritated

"I'm sorry, Itachi, but Konoha ninja have been sighted close to the hideout." A voice says from the other side of the door.

"Is that so. Well, prepare for the fight." Itachi says as he opens the door, and looks at Kanashii.

"All right." Kanashii says as she sighs, and stands up. "I'll help."

"We have to put the bandages back on first." Itachi says walking back into the room, and grabbing the roll of bandage. He walks up to Kanashii, and puts the bandages on. "Here." Itachi says as he throws a ring of shuriken at her. She catches it, and looks at Itachi.

"But.....why-" Kanashii begins, but is interrupted by Itachi.

"All your stuff is still back in Konoha, isn't it?" Itachi questions.

"Yeah." She says as she smiles, and tightens her grip on the shuriken. "Thank you, Itachi." Kanashii says with a smile. Itachi walks out the door, and Kanashii's face grows serious. "Thank you, now, here we go!" She says as she opens the window, and jumps out it. She then runs down the path, and stops suddenly when she sees a Konoha leaf symbol.

"So you're going that way, huh?" She says. She picks up a twig, and throws it at the tree. It explodes, and bursts into flames. "Do you honestly think that you could defeat me that easily? After all, I was taught how to fight in Konoha!" She says witha grin plastered across her face.

"I guess you're right." Abaryu says as he jumps out of one of the trees.

"So, they sent you, huh?" Kanashii says.

"I've come to bring you back home." Abaryu says with a sad look.

"Ha!" Kanashii points to her slashed headband. "Do you see this? I'm a rogue ninja now! I can't go back!" Kanashii says in a amused voice. Abaryu sighs, and begins to walk forward. Kanashii walks backwards a few steps.

"What's wrong with you, Kanashii?" Abaryu asks, looking at her with confusion. Suddenly, Darigan runs out from behind Abaryu.

"Darigan!" Kanashii says with a smile. Darigan wags her tail, and runs towards Kanashii. "Why did you bring her here?" Kanashii questions, looking at Abaryu in confusion.

"I thought maybe you'd want to see her." Abaryu says with a sad smile.

"Thank you." Kanashii says in a low voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
...