Status: I swear I am going to update this!

I'm Lying Just to Keep You Here

I'll Start This Broken Heart

The day with Alex went seemingly well. Besides for the one random kiss attempt he pulled, it went uneventful. After a short fight of where he was sleeping, we went our separate ways, in our respected rooms and went to sleep. Just before I had the chance to fall into a deep slumber, my cell phone started ringing.

“Hello?” I groggily answered.

“Hey, it’s me. What are you doing?” William’s voice came flowing through the receiver.

“I was sleeping, but now I’m talking to you.” I said with a hint of annoyance in my voice.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I’ll let you sleep.” He said sadly.

“It’s fine William. What do you want?” I asked in a sweeter manor. I felt bad for my previous tone.

“Just to talk. To see what you were up to. To tell you I miss you.” He said softly.

“I’m up to nothing and I miss you too.” I sighed. There was no way I was going to tell him about Alex visiting. He didn’t say anything back for a few moments.

“Did you mean it?” He finally spoke after some time.

“Mean what?”

“What you said before. About you not considering me your boyfriend anymore.” The sadness present in his voice made me want to cry.

“I don’t know anymore William. That tour was just so fucked up. We were so terrible towards each other. Maybe it was better just being best friends.” I said defeated.

“I don’t think I could be just your friend anymore. I love you Belles.” I heard a quite sob coming from the receiver.

“Bill, are you crying?” I asked shocked.

“No.” He mumbled. Obviously he was, but I decided not to push it. I heard my bedroom door open and turned to see Alex trying to sneak in thinking I was asleep. It was dark and I wasn’t speaking at the moment so he couldn’t see nor hear me on the phone. He quietly crept over to my bed and slowly got in. I turned around to face him and quickly slapped my hand over his mouth when he was about to speak. I pointed to the phone and he just nodded.

“I still love you too. We just need to figure things out first.” I finally replied.

“So, what are we?” He muttered.

“We’re what you wanted. We’re on a break.” I whispered. The moment the words fell out of my mouth a giant smile grew on Alex’s face.

“Fine Bella. Whatever. I’ll talk to you when I get back home.” He said with a bit of harshness and hung up. I closed my phone and put it back on my nightstand. I let a few tears slip from my eyes. My whole relationship with William had become so screwed up, but it’s hard when your head is not completely focused on one guy.

“Trouble in paradise?” Alex smirked.

“Shut up. I’m not really in the mood right now.” I snapped at him. “Why are you in here anyway? I told you to sleep in your own bed.”

“Temper, temper. I wanted to make sure you were okay. Plus, I don’t like sleeping alone.” He cuddled up beside me. This felt good, weird, and bad all at the same time. Good because I missed being with Alex. Weird because I’ve been with William for a long time now. Bad because we were in mine and William’s bed.

“Alex, stop. I need you to leave.” I said pushing him away. My better judgment was finally making an appearance in one of my decisions. It’s been absent for a long time now.

“Why?” He whined trying to cuddle again.

“This isn’t right. Just go back to your room. Please.” I said sternly. I heard him sigh, but he got up anyway.

“You’ll realize it soon Belles.” He stopped at my door.

“Realize what?” I gave him a confused expression.

“That he’s not the one for you.” And with the he left my room.

If William isn’t, then who is?
♠ ♠ ♠
I would apologize for taking do long to update, but because of the lack of comments I'm not really that sorry. I update the story that receives the most comments and in this case it's been my new Zack Merrick story. All The Same. People have been saying they wanted one, so I'm gonna give Zack Merrick a go. You do this to me a lot. You comment like crazy sometimes and then other times, nothing. It makes me sad. REDEEM YOURSELVES!

COMMENT. Subscribe