Status: Finally Finished

Closer to Heaven With You

Epilogue

“Are you sure about this?” Brian asked his sister as they stood in the small hallway.

“I’ve never been more sure about anything in my life Bri.” She replied with a glistening smile.

“Good. You look absolutely stunning by the way, I hope he realised just how lucky he is.” He said.

“Of course he does Bri, he loves Me.” she replied.

“I know; you two are the most perfect couple I know. You belong together.” he replied with a smile as he leaned across to place a kiss on her cheek. “Ok, are you ready for this?”

“Yeah, defiantly.” She replied with a widening smile. With a deep breath she linked arms with Brian who nodded towards the clerk to show that they were ready. She opened the double doors that led into the chapel and music began to play as Brian and Leigh began the slow walk down the aisle towards Matt.

There were only a handful of people there, just their closet friends. It was the way they wanted it. They didn’t want a big fuss, they didn’t need all their family and friends with them; they had the fourteen most important people in their lives with them on what was going to be one of the most important day of their lives.

They had decided to have a small ceremony half way through the tour after the group had talked about weddings in general. Both Matt and Leigh were happy for it to be just them; their friends were just an added bonus.

It was actually Zacky’s idea to do it while they were still on tour and they had soon made arrangement to do it when they got to Nebraska. Matt and the guys had gone out and bought suits while the girls had all relished in the opportunity to buy a new dress and accessories.

Despite the short distance, walking towards Matt seemed to take forever. Leigh smiled uncontrollably as he gazed lovingly back, his hazel eyes glazed over with tears of happiness as he smiled broadly at her.

Finally they were at the front and Brian was able to place her hand in Matt’s much bigger one. Before turning to take his seat Brian whispered something into Matt’s ear that Leigh couldn’t hear but was thankful that Matt had laughed at whatever he’d said. he then turned back to kiss Leigh on the cheek once more whispering, “Congratulations sis,” and walking to stand with the others, taking Ali’s hand, his girlfriend who he’d been incredibly happy with for the past three years.

Their eyes never parted through the entire ceremony; through the vows, the giving of rings, Matt stared smiling at Leigh as she stared back into his, their fingers entwined.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife.” The registrar declared with a smile. “You may kiss the bride.” At these words Matt took a step forward, his hands leaving hers to come up and cup her face gently, his eyes still not leaving hers as his lips lowered to hers. This kiss was soft and yet passionate. In that moment it felt like they were the only two people on the planet.

As they parted, Matt’s arms slipped around her waist, lifting her off the ground as he began to spin her around. Leigh giggled loudly as she was spun, her eyes still not leaving Matt’s.

“I love you Mrs Sanders.” He said quietly as he placed her gently on her feet again, his forehead coming to rest against hers.

“I love you too Mr Sanders.” She replied with a beaming smile as his hand once again slipped into hers and placing a kiss on her lips before turning to walk back down the aisle.

“Ok guys, photos time.” Gena called waving her camera around with a large smile.

Twenty minutes later, when Gena was happy that she had taken all the photos they would need, the group headed back to the hotel where they settled in the bar. Brian was the first at the bar ordering a round of drinks for everyone.

“Babe, before we start with the celebrations I’ve got something I need to tell you.” Leigh said quietly as she leaned up to whisper into Matt’s ear.

“Mrs Sanders, can’t you wait to get me on my own?” he replied with a playful smirk, his hazel eyes gleaming.

“Maybe later Sanders, but no, I really need to talk to you.” she replied, taking hold of his hand and leading him out into the lobby area.

“Ok, um, so I’ve figured out why I’ve been feeling under the weather the past couple of days.” She began nervously once they had found a quiet corner to talk. She paused and began playing with the black flower that sat on the centre of her dress.

“Baby? What is it?” Matt said with quiet concern as he took a gentle hold of both her hands.

“I’m pregnant.” She whispered keeping her eyes lowered, scared of the look that could be on Matt’s face.

“Pregnant?” he whispered after a long silence. She nodded silently in reply, still afraid to look up into his eyes.

“I’m going to be a father?” he asked. Finally Leigh looked up, hearing the joy in his voice. His hazel eyes sparkled with pure joy as a large smile spread across his face, his dimples out in full force.

“You’re not going to freak out?” she asked quietly, allowing a small smile of her own creep across her lips. She’d been happy about the news from the moment she looked down at the pregnancy test that morning, but she wasn’t sure how Matt was going to react. They’d both talked about kids but hadn’t contemplated actually starting a family for another year or two.

“Why would I freak out? We were always going to have kids, it’s just happening sooner than what we had imagined that’s all.” He replied, slipping his hands around her waist. “Any idea how far gone you are?”

“At a guess no more than about eight weeks.” She replied as her hands wrapped around his waist, her eyes gazing into his eyes as they smiled at each other.

“Are you going to be ok to finish the tour with us?” he asked.

“I don’t see why not, it’s only going to be another couple of weeks. I’m going to have to visit a doctor in the next couple of days though.” She replied.

“I’m telling you, they’ve snuck off to have rampant newly wed sex.” Zacky’s voice floated through the corridor before Matt could reply.

“No way dude, not yet anyway, we’ve only just got back, maybe in an hour or so.” Johnny replied.

“Looks like we’ve been missed.” Leigh said as Matt nodded leaning down to press his lips to hers.

“See I told you didn’t I?” Johnny’s voice greeted their ears loudly.

“And what do you think they’re doing down a deserted corridor? They couldn’t wait to get all the way up to their room.” Zacky replied as Matt took Leigh’s hand and turned to face their friends.

“We’ve been looking for you two, there’s drinks waiting, and speeches to be made.” Johnny said.

“Sorry, I just needed to tell Matt something.” Leigh replied as they headed back towards the bar.

“Yeah I’m sure…” Zack replied sounding unconvinced. Matt glanced at Leigh who nodded knowingly to his silent question.

They walked back into the bar where the rest of their friends were waiting for them, sat around a group of tables each with a glass of champagne in their hands.

“Where have you two been? Couldn’t you wait a couple of hours before disappearing off for a quickie?” Brian called across to them as they took their seats.

“Sorry guys, it was urgent married couple business.” Matt said.

“Yeah what ever, come on speeches.” Brian replied.

“Ok, well, you all know that I’ve been in love with this beautiful, sexy amazing woman for more years than I can remember, even before she loved me. I’ve been lucky enough to have her fall in love with me, not only once, but twice, which I’m not going to dwell on but we all know about. She’s been my life for the past six years, I love her more than anyone could ever imagine and I’m looking forward to living the rest of my life with her by my side, to grow old with her. Leigh, I love you so much and today you’ve made me the happiest man on earth.” Matt said, turning to cup Leigh’s face in his hands as he gently and slowly brought his lips to her. There was a round of applause and Brian stood up.

“Ok, so traditionally, the father of the bride also does a speech, but as we all know none of our families are here today so I guess as Leigh’s brother it’s my place to give the speech. Leigh, you know how much you mean to not only me, but to everyone sat around this table, and seeing you happy makes me happy. Matt, I’ve known you most of my life and I know that the two of you will be happy together. But as Leigh’s brother, I’m going to have to give you one final warning….hurt her and I’ll hurt you.” Brian said, turning to point his finger warningly in Matt’s direction.

“Bri!” Leigh growled sternly.

“Sorry sis, but it’s just a friendly warning.” He replied with a smile as he sat back down. Matt was about to speak again when he was interrupted by Jimmy standing up.

“Ok, I guess it’s now my turn to do a speech as the best man.” He began. “It’s been blatantly obvious for well over six years now that these two were made for each other and it was only going to be a matter of time before they decided to get married and show the world their commitment to each other. They belong together. They’re perfect for each other. So I want you to all raise your glasses in a toast to the new Mr and Mrs Sanders.” Jimmy said as he raised his glass. There was a clinking of glasses as everyone around the table joined in with the toast, Leigh barely sipping at her champagne.

“Ok, now that the speeches are done with, there’s something else I have to say.” Matt said as he once again stood up.

“Just before the speeches, Leigh told me something that made me even happier than I already was. She told me that she was pregnant, that we’re –“

“Oh my god seriously?” Leana yelled interrupting him.

“That’s great news guys, congratulations.” Ali added with a wide smile.

“Way to go dude.” Zack said leaning over to shake Matt’s hand.

“You knocked up my sister?” Brian growled.

“My wife dude.” Matt replied with a smirk.

“She wasn’t when you knocked her up, and she’s still my sister.” He retorted.

“Bri, knock it off.” Leigh said swatting his arm with a smile as a smirk appeared on Brian’s lips.

“Congratulations sis.” He replied pulling her into a hug. “Oh my god I’m gonna be an uncle” he added with realisation, his eyes widening.

“Yep, you’re going to start being good.” She mocked.

“So are you; I’ll take that.” He replied grabbing the glass of champagne from in front of her and knocked it down his throat. “And I’m gonna get you an orange juice.” He added getting up from the table.

“You’re going to be such a great mother you know.” Brian said as he danced with Leigh a few hours later.

“You think?” she whispered with a smile.

“Of course you are, hell you’ve been taking care of most of us for god knows how many years.” He replied with a smirk.

“True. Bri, you know when we get back to Huntington-“ she began.

“You’re going to be moving in with Matt….I kinda guess that.” He replied with his trademark smirk. “Can I tell you something?” he asked.

“Of course you can Bri.” She said with a small laugh.

“I’m planning on asking Ali to marry me.” he replied blushing.

“Really? Oh my God Bri, that’s brilliant news.” She replied in a hushed yell. “She’ll say yes, you two are perfect together.”

“Well at least she hasn’t tried to kill you.” he replied with a chuckle. “Don’t say anything though.”

“Of course I won’t.” she replied as Matt approached.

“May I have a dance with my stunningly beautiful wife.” Matt asked his eyes roaming over Leigh’s body with a dimpled smile.

“Of course you can.” Brian said returning the smile before placing a kiss on his sisters cheek and walking away to find Ali.

“Well, we’ve finally done it baby.” He whispered leaning to rest his forehead on hers.

“Yep, you’re stuck with me now.” She replied with a wide smile.

“I love you Mrs. Sanders.” He said with his eyes sparkling.

“Love you too Mr. Sanders.” She replied. “Now, do you think they’d miss us if we snuck off for that quickie they all think we’ve already had?” she added suggestively.

“I wouldn’t care if they did.” He replied with a smirk as he took hold of her hand and led her out of the bar and towards the elevators.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End......

Leigh
Matt

Ok, so here it goes....a big thank you, as always for all who've read this, especially as I've left you waiting for chapters on more than one occasion....An even bigger thanks goes to the following people, who have taken the time to comment at least once on this story.... :)

Deathbat Prophet; Yellow Eyes; Katelyn; Scarlet Chuck's; i_love_to_syn; Synfully Insane;Bloodravyn; jinx_the_scourge; clemsongirl 26; Calder; Just Listen; iSarah; chaingang4ever; underpressure; woahwoahwoah; AlishaIeroVeex; Rock Out; XxX_Numb_XxX; IWillMakeYouScream; CharmedAngel88; SynysterRose; Natta; Bara-Baby; A7xlover2012; darkvampireprincess; pixiedeathbat;riellybabie101; neverloveanyone; LynnShadows25; Calico178; mikeysrevenge; SyntheticBeauty; headrushxreeta; ButterflyWarmth; CaptainJackSparrow; kathlenCORE; catastrophe.; choclatemilk09; XxXSynnerXxX; KiroQueen4evr;