Callicas Boarding School For Otherworld Youth

Chapter 39 -How Could I?

The next few weeks seemed to blur by and it seemed like all of the sudden it was a week until the Winter Ball. Over the past few weeks I did very little since we all had to study for semester exams. I spent more time with Ronan than I had previously and he’s gotten in the habit of buying me little trinkets and jewelry. I was admiring one of the little trinkets he had gotten me, a little music box with a dancing princess in it, when Mina, Danica, and Laney all burst into my room.

“There you are! We’ve been looking all over for you! Where have you been?” Mina asked with a very stern expression on her face.

“With Ronan,” I told her feeling a little ganged up on. “I’m always with him so why the sudden inquiry?”

“Do you not remember what today is?” Laney asked with a look of disgust.

“Or are you too busy with Ronan that you don’t have time for your friends anymore?” Danica added, matching Laney’s’ look of disgust.

“It’s December 14th. What’s so big about today? And since when I not have time for you guys, I see you all of the time!” I all but yelled at them.

“I can’t believe you don’t remember,” Mina whispered and walked out of my room closely followed by Danica.

“Well I hope your happy now. Tristian needed you today and you were nowhere to be found all because of your stupid demon boyfriend. If he doesn’t survive this I hope you will regret not ever saying good bye to him,” she told me and stormed out of my room.

What the hell was that all about? And what was the whole Tristian not surviving thing about? I shut the music box that had been playing through out my friends little talk and set it on my night stand. Then it hit me. It was just 20 minutes after midnight. Tristian’s birthday was December 13th, and the day he needed me the most I was off with Ronan.

Not caring what I was wearing or how I looked, I rushed over to Tristian’s rooms trying my hardest not to burst into tears.

Before I could even knock on the door to his room set, the door opened and there was Tristian’s mom looking down on me.

“Uh, how can I help you miss?” she asked me, with no recognition on her face.

“Um, hi Mrs. Rhodes, it’s me, Ellie.”

“Ellie? Oh my goodness, I didn’t recognize you at all! You had me worried all day! I thought for sure you of all people were going to be here earlier,” she told me while pulling me in for a big hug.

“Yeah,” I said in a quiet voice.

“Well you’re here now dear, and that’s all that matters,” she told me and gave my hand a squeeze. “Me and his dad are going down to the cafeteria to get some food real fast so you can be alone with him”

Then her and Mr. Rhodes left down the hall and I slowly walked into his room. He looked peaceful amidst all of the tubes and wires. I sat down in one of the chairs next to his bed, grabbed his hand, and let the tears start falling.

I stayed there next to him all night and all of the next day. I wouldn’t leave his side for anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I've finally updated! I am so sorry that it took me this long. I've just been going through a lot and I didn't know for sure if I would even bother finishing this story. But I owe it to all of you and myself to finish this story. Hope yal like it! I'll try to post the next chapter tomorrow. :)