Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

The Meeting

Aurora saw Kaeden waiting there, patiently awaiting her arrival. She was scared and more nervous than she had ever been in her life. It was night, it was a graveyard, and putting these two things together was like one of the most dangerous things. Vampires thrived in darkness; it's where they came from.

"Sparks." Aurora greeted him and he looked at her sternly.

"So, how do you know about all this? You're not a hunter or anything because Marionette would've picked up on me first." Aurora took a deep breath, noticing his eyes, glowing a light red.

"You know the name Sterling?" Kaeden's eyes widened wondering how she could know that name. It was the name of a certain coven that was known for their special healing techniques.

"Yes, how do you?" Aurora took a deep breath and looked out into the night sky. The moon was only half but it had shone brighter than ever that night.

"Well, Lamont Sterling is my boyfriend." Kaeden's mouth dropped slightly at hearing the news.

"W-what?" Kaeden couldn't really believe it. Sure it wasn't uncommon, but soon the human would soon either become a pet or a vampire themselves. The Sterling's if he had remembered were a coven that was held in high respect to the Elders.

"That's how I know about vampires. Lamont told me how to spot one, taught me how to keep them from reading or invading my mind-"

"Wait, so you're dating a vampire, and you have issues with me?" Kaeden retaliated. Aurora looked at him shocked. How could he not know?

"You're name! Sparks, it's the last name a vampire warrior!" Kaeden rolled his eyes shaking his head.

"We haven't been warriors since we have evolved. Aurora, I-I have taken a liking to your sister. I would like to get to know her, I love spending time with her. Please believe me." Aurora was shocked. Lamont hadn't really told her about how vampires had evolved, she had always wondered why she could see him during the day and much more, but right now it was about her sister.

"Listen, I met your sister in school. I can't tell you much but vampires are trying to live amongst humans. Most of us don't kill to feed anymore, we just taste or we don't even feed off of humans at all." Aurora understood that completely. Lamont had told her that she had nothing to worry about when he was around and that he would always be there to protect her.

She looked over Kaeden and sighed. She wasn't sure if she could trust him that well, but Marionette seemed to be fond of him. She had spoken fondly about him and this was the first time in Marionette's life that she had ever really spoken about anybody else but the dead that laid in the cemetery.

"Fine, I'll believe you. But I swear she gets hurt," Aurora glared at Kaeden who nodded his head in understanding.

"Of course. Know that I would never hurt her." Aurora nodded her head and then headed back to the house.

"Goodnight, Kaeden."

Kaeden watched Aurora walk back to the house thinking about what he had just learned. He wondered if the Elder's knew about Lamont Sterling’s relationship with a human. As the thoughts and hopes of him possibly being able to have a relationship with Marionette work, maybe he had a chance when someone so unexpected intruded in on his thoughts.

"What the hell are you doing here?" It was Jesse. Jesse had been noticing how distance Kaeden had been lately and he knew it was all because of Marionette. He had an odd burning hate for the girl and slight distaste.

"Jesse, this is none of your business." Kaeden glared, his eyes glowing almost like auburn. He began to walk away when Jesse pulled him back.

"It is! You are putting us at risk. If Sion finds out he would surely have your head!"

"That's why he won't find out." Kaeden growled back at Jesse to make sure he knew to keep his mouth shut. Jesse looked like a child at that moment, his faced scrunched up in anger. Hating the fact that Kaeden has this much power over him. Even so, Kaeden was his elder. Much older than him by a good 60 years, Kaeden had much more power over both him and Diana put together.

"No, he won't find out."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image