Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

Secrets?

A couple weeks back at school and Marionette had seemed to gain her footing. Sure, deep in the night she would wake up screaming every now and then but Diana was always there to comfort her. They had formed a new friendship through all this and as much as Marionette detested what had happened to her and the fact that it had brought her so much pain, it gave her the small blessing of new friends.

Even school life had changed for her. She wasn't hiding in the shadows and running away from Kaeden anymore. Openly she would say 'hello' to him and no matter what he'd return it. Diana would run to her every now and again to eat lunch with her, Marionette no longer being afraid of the cafeteria. Life had taken a strangely pleasant change for her.

Today was the last day Lamont would be here, so Marionette and Kaeden were sitting in the small room they had put aside for the healers, waiting for Lamont to confirm some things.

"All right, Kaeden. Everything is great, you're back to normal. That pigs blood really cleans your system, huh?" Kaeden glared at Lamont trembling at the thought of it. Pigs blood really didn't taste as sweet as a humans but indeed was much more cleaner. The pigs they got their blood from lived in fresh air environments and were treated with much care. The meat from the pigs would be manufactured into food for the humans. It was a great investment for both vampire and human.

"If you would please?" Lamont pointed to the door, staring at Kaeden. Kaeden didn't understand until he looked down at Marionette who was clutching her shirt, looking away from the both of them.

"Do you have to?" Lamont glared at Kaeden letting Kaeden know he knew better. Cain Mabuis was from a coven of vampires that held a deathly poison in their bites. They knew how to control it and so far, Cain hadn't used it on Marionette but Lamont treated her for it anyways and was constantly checking the bite marks to make sure that they were healing properly. Kaeden sighed and then left the room closing the door behind him. Lance standing outside with a small bouquet of daises in hand.

"Flowers?" Kaeden chuckled and Lance glared at him, his face slightly flushed. He didn't want Kaeden to see.

"Shut up. Where is she?" Kaeden sighed and looked back at the room.

"Lamont has to check her one last time." Lance furrowed his brow confused. He didn't understand, he thought that the cream he had given to her was suppose to help with the scarring from the bite marks and that she had been fully healed.

"But, why? I thought she was fine?" Kaeden smiled feebly at Lance and nodded his head.

"She is fine, he's just double-checking. That is his girlfriend's little sister." Lance's eyes went wide for a moment before he made the connection. He hadn't realized it before, not remembering Marionette's story of her sister's boyfriend.

"Crap, I'm stupid."

"I've been trying to tell you!" Kaeden taunted as Lance glared at him. He gave him a small push and then Marionette opened the door. They both stopped to look at her, a small smile on her face.

"Hey, guys." Lamont came out after, his medical bag all packed.

"Well, I'll be heading back to school. I've already missed enough." Marionette looked up at him and did the most shocking thing ever. She jumped on him, wrapping her arms around his neck. Lamont was just as surprised as Lance and Kaeden were.

"Thank you. Don't tell her." She whispered and then pulled away. Lamont smiled feebly at her and nodded his head.

"You've got my word. Don't forget to keep applying that cream on those scars." Marionette smiled back at him. He walked passed her and headed for upstairs to tell Sion and Cordelia that he was going on his way.

"How do you feel?" Lance asked her as she turned to look at the both of them. She noticed the daisies in his hands and raised a brow.

"Better. Are those for-?"

"You? Yeah, the guy's a dope." Kaeden taunted and Lance glared at him. Marionette took the flowers from Lance's hands and smelt them. She smiled and then leaned in to give him a small kiss on his cheek.

"You guys are the best." With that Marionette took her flowers upstairs leaving Lance and Kaeden there alone.

"Guess I'm not so cheesy, huh?" Kaeden sent a glare back at Lance, Lance chuckling the entire time.

***

"Caleb! Matt!" Marionette smiled at them, walking into the diner not too far from the Sparks' house.

"Netty, thanks for coming." Marionette gave Caleb a small glare but then smiled. Ever since living in that house, having someone call her Netty made her feel more at home. The only sad part about hearing that nickname was her parents. She missed being at home, her own bedroom and being able to over look the cemetery. That's where she really felt at home, but she knew she had to wait.

"What's going on?" Caleb and Matthew looked at each other and then at Marionette. She had received a phone call from Caleb asking her to meet them as soon as possible.

"Well. Okay, there is a reason as to why I came over early and I haven't been able to tell him yet and...Marionette me and you have gotten so close." Caleb started. Marionette looked at him shocked, she wasn't sure where this conversation was going to take her. She started to get a bit nervous. Just then the ringing of a cell phone interrupted their conversation.

"Sorry, I have to take this, it's my mother." Both Marionette and Caleb nodded their heads. Caleb grabbed her hand that had been resting on the table. Marionette's breath was caught in her throat, was he about to tell her that he liked her too? What was with all these supernatural creatures taking a liking to her?

"Caleb I-"

"Wait. You've become a really close friend in such a short period of time and this is something that I need to tell someone. I need to tell you," Caleb looked down at the table, taking a deep breath. Marionette was starting to panic a little, she didn't want to have to turn him down, sure she loved hanging out with Caleb and everything but, the only people that she was crushing on was Lance and Kaeden but she even had trouble dealing with the concept.

"Marionette...this is kinda big for me." Marionette held her breath as she waited for Caleb to finish.

"Here goes..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image