Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

Not Completely Dead Yet

"Lance." Kaeden whispered sharply into the air. He looked around the parking lot of the diner Marionette and Caleb were currently at. He didn't know what made him do it but when he saw how fast Marionette ran out of the house after picking up her cell he had to follow her.

"Come on, Lance! Where the hell are you? I don't have time to do a spell, just get your ass over here!" Kaeden whispered again hoping that Lance would be able to hear him. They had worked long and hard to develop Lance's abilities especially after the night with Marionette. Lance had showed great strength that night proving that his power was growing.

"What the..." Lance muttered, standing in front of Kaeden. Kaeden glared at him and then took hold of his arm.

"Look!" He whispered harshly and showed Lance the scene that made his heart ache. Lance gasped and then looked over at Kaeden. They both went back to hiding behind the diner, not really knowing what to do.

"You think they're together?" Lance asked sadly. Seeing Marionette and Caleb that close together and holding hands like that he knew for a fact that something must have been going on. Kaeden took a deep breath and shook his head. He began to pace back and forth not wanting to believe that.

"I don't understand. Caleb told me that he didn't like her. That 'she's not my type'. That asshole. He's my best friend!" Kaeden was obviously upset for more than just losing Marionette but losing her to Caleb.

"We have to ask them about this. We have to confront them!" Kaeden looked at Lance like he was crazy.

"What? No, we need to see if something really is going on." Lance raised an eyebrow. Was Kaeden suggesting something that could very well blow up in their faces?

"Kaeden..."

"Listen, hear me out. We'll just watch from a distance it's the only way we can know for sure." Kaeden had this strange smirk on his face as he tried to encourage Lance to join him in spying on Marionette.

"This is gonna blow up in our faces isn't it?" Lance muttered to himself, Kaeden glaring at him from behind. Kaeden was sure that his plan was full-proof.

***

Marionette and Caleb had come home late that night, arm in arm. Both Kaeden and Lance seeing it and thinking the worst. Marionette never let anyone near her let alone a guy after what happened. The boys just didn't understand why she would chose Caleb, who she has only known for about a week rather than Kaeden or Lance who she has known for a lot longer.

"Awe, did she not pick you, brother?" Jesse taunted Kaeden as he watched with them, Marionette and Caleb walking into the study. They seemed to have a lot more to talk about than usual, smiles on both of their faces.

"Shut up, Jesse." Kaeden growled and Jesse just smirked.

"I guess so. It's better for you anyways, Kaeden. She is a mortal remember? You have this little problem where you can live forever. You really think she would chose you? Or you Ghost-boy?" Jesse walked away laughing at the two of them. Kaeden and Lance took a step back and seated themselves down on the stairs. Was Jesse right? Did she like Caleb more because he was alive? Yes, he was werewolf, but he had a heartbeat. He could grow old with her.

"We're dead, Kaeden. Jesse may have a point, we had our chance at life. We-I failed. I shouldn't even be here." Lance was about to get up and leave when Kaeden stopped him.

"No. Lance we may be dead but we can still feel. You can't say that you don't see it in her eyes, when she looks at you?" Lance looked over at Kaeden confused. Kaeden looked at the door to the study and continued, "Her eyes stare up at you and make you feel as if your heart is beating faster than ever before. Her smile and the way she blushes when you compliment her, Lance, she feels for us. I don't doubt that." Kaeden looked back at Lance sharply who had a small smile on his face.

"You're right."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image