My Best Friends are Twins and One of Them Just Happens to be My Boyfriend

Everything Changes, But is Still the Same

Alex’s P.O.V.

I stretched and looked around the room, “Izzy? Aiden? I wonder where they went.” I got up and went into the hall. I noticed Aiden’s door was closed. I went and knocked on the door, but received no answer. So, I poked my head just inside the door and noticed the two of them curled up under the covers, fast asleep.

I quietly closed the door and went to my room. “I bet he asked her out tonight, he said he was going to. Or rather, he asked if I would be mad if he asked her out.” I thought out loud to myself. “Why would I be mad? I don’t like her that way, she is my best friend. That’s as far as it will ever go. Don’t get me wrong, I love her too. Just not the same way Aiden does. He is in love with her, whereas, I just love her as a brother would love a sister. I really need to stop talking to myself.”

I went into the bathroom and started the shower. When I was out of the shower, I realized just how tired I actually was. “Time for bed, it’s nearly five and I have school in the morning.” Almost as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was asleep.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I groaned and opened my eyes. I turned off my alarm and pushed the covers back to get out of bed. I walked out of my room and downstairs to get some breakfast before I decided what to wear for the day. That and whether or not I would have my parents call me in sick.

When I got to the table I noticed Aiden and Izzy were already there. They both looked as terrible as I felt. “So, is either of you two going to school today?” I asked them while I debated about going myself.

“No, we’re not. In a little bit, we’re gonna go back to bed. I kept her up way too late last night.” Aiden told me.

“I take it she said yes when you asked her, then?”

“Yeah, I’m so excited and relieved at the same time. It’s like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest.” Aiden said while looking me over. “Dude, you look like shit? Are you going to school today?”

“Probably not, I feel like I’m about ready to collapse, I’m so tired. Besides the hour and a half of sleep I got during the movie I was asleep for about an hour before my alarm went off. How are you guys up at six anyway?”

“We’re up this early because if we couldn’t stay home it would take us both until shortly after seven to get ready to go to school. Since, we aren’t being made to go, I plan on going to sleep again within the next five or ten minutes.” Izzy informed me.

“Has Mom called the school yet?”

“No, not yet. She said she was going to wait until you got up to see if you were going to go. She didn’t want to have to call them twice about sick children.”

“Mom?” I called looking around for her.

“Yes, Alex?” She said walking into the kitchen. “Oh, dear. You look terrible. I don’t care how much you are going to complain about it, you’re not going to school today. Possibly not tomorrow either.”

Aiden and Izzy started laughing at me. “If you make Alex stay home from school tomorrow, you want to call me in too; I would love to see the reaction he makes to having to stay out of school two days in a row. Talk about hilarious.”

“Shut up, Izzy. It wouldn’t be that funny.” My comment just made her laugh harder.

I started fuming and stomped out of the kitchen mumbling to myself about how much I hated it when Izzy and Aiden got together. Not together as in dating, but together as in hanging out. They loved to come up with things to torture me with. Whether it’s making fun of my love for school or messing up my room.

About a minute after I got to my room I heard a knock at the door. “Can I come in?” I opened the door just far enough to stick my head out and waved her in. “I’m sorry. We shouldn’t have made fun of you for liking to go to school. It was wrong. Are you still mad at us?”

“I can’t be mad at you for very long Izzy. You are too adorable to stay mad at. Before you ask, since I know you’re going to, I don’t care that you’re now dating my brother. Before he asked you out, he asked me if I would have a problem with it. He said if I did, then he wouldn’t ask you out because he’d rather just be friends with you than have me upset with him.”

“Aww, Alex? You are going to make me cry. How can you do that so much? I’m in a good mood and then I talk to you and I leave in tears. There is definitely something wrong with that picture.”

“Come here.” I pulled her into a hug. “You don’t need to cry, Izzy. It’s just that we both care about you so much that we can’t stand to see you upset. We’d do anything to make you happy, even if that meant I had to jump off a bridge wearing nothing but a ski mask.”

She giggled. “No offense, but I’m not sure I’d want to see you jump off a bridge wearing nothing but a ski mask.”

“Would you want to see Aiden jump off a bridge in just a ski mask?” She blushed. “I’ll take that as a yes. So, even though we look exactly alike, aside from the facial piercings, you don’t want to see me jump off a bridge in only a ski mask but you want to see Aiden do it. That hurts Izzy. That hurts.”

She just shrugged. “Well, Aiden and I are going to take a nap and then do the make-up homework your mom is bringing. I’ll see you later, then?”

“Yeah, maybe I can help you two with it. Since, we somehow ended up in all the same classes, even though you two just slack off in class.”

“And who has the highest grade in the class?”

“You do, which is something I just don’t understand.”

“Well, I read the books and do my homework, and just because I appear to slack off in class doesn’t mean I don’t hear what the teacher is saying. Unlike you, I know how to multi-task. That and I can listen to two people at once and understand what they are saying. Which is why, if you hadn’t noticed, whenever the teacher calls on me in class, no matter how little attention I seem to be paying I always know the answer.”

“Which is something I am extremely jealous of I might add. I wish I had that capability.”
She yawned. “I should probably go. I don’t need to be falling asleep on you. Aiden might get jealous.”

I watched her walk to the door. Just as she was about to leave she turned around and smiled. Then she left and closed the door behind her. I ran my hand through my hair and sat down on my bed. Soon enough, I had fallen asleep.

A few hours later, I woke up. I remember having a vivid dream. The details were a bit hazy, but I knew two things.

One, I was fooling myself.

And two, I shouldn't have lied to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Message, comment, subscribe :)

The title for this chapter should be: Everything Changes, But is Still the Same