Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'Give A Cheer For All The Broken'?

Cinderella, she seems so easy

Life Isn't Fair Honey.

“So I’ll see you this afternoon, right?” Kyra asked as Mikey walked her to the door.

“Uh Yeah. We’re meeting at Kat’s but I’ll come get you first?” He said, fixing his glasses.

“Sounds great. I’ll see you then,” She replied while taking a few steps out the door, eager to get back to her cousin.

Kyra had managed to walk halfway down the path when she felt someone holding her arm. She turned around to see Mikey standing there.

“Miss me already?” She smirked.

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” He chuckled.

She stood there thinking for a moment. She had her cell, her wallet and keys. What was she forgetting? Then she realised. Her eyes glanced down at the ground beneath her as her cheeks turned a light shade of pink. Kyra then connected their lips and pulled away after a few minutes.

“I love you,” She smiled.

“I love you too. Hey, why don’t you just stay? That way we can go to Kat’s with Gee and hang out?” Mikey suggested.

“I’d love to but I can’t. I have to go check on my cousin and make sure he hasn’t worn all of my clothes.”

Mikey laughed and kissed her again before finally letting her go. He went back inside to practise some songs on his bass when her legs began making the journey home.

The scent of the rain still lingered from last night’s showers and the grass squelched beneath her feet with every step she took. Her ears were filled with sound of passing cars on the road before she put her earphones in and was met with the sounds of The Smashing Pumpkins.

It started to rain again and Kyra pulled up the hood on the hoodie she had borrowed from Mikey to protect her hair. She didn’t care much for the rain but after the words Mikey had said the previous night had slightly changed her opinion. Andy’s apartment wasn’t much further away. Only five or so blocks. She sighed and put her head down as she walked.

And then it happened. Kyra saw the flash of the grey sky before seeing the inside of a car. She was calm until she realised she wasn’t in a car. She was walking.

“WHAT THE HELL!?” She yelled, her eyes darting around the car.

Kyra looked through the rear view mirror and saw a familiar pair of eyes. Her mothers. Then she looked at person who had grabbed her. Could this be any worse? Being stuck in a car with your mother and step father who you had run away from?

“LET ME GO!” Kyra demanded, “WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?”

“You’re coming back with us and you’re going to Saint Margaret’s,” Her mother said calmly.

“WHAT? NO WAY! NO FUCKING WAY! LET ME GO!” She said, trying to open the locked door.

“There’s no point. It’s locked, idiot,” Mark snorted.

“You know that I’m just going to run away again, right?”

“No, no you won’t be, because you see, we’ve got you into the boarding part of the school.”

“Huh? Boarding part?”

“Meaning, you stay there. You don’t come out,” Mark laughed.

“WHAT!? YOU CAN’T DO THIS! WHAT ABOUT MY FRIENDS? MIKEY? THIS ISN’T FAIR!”

“Life isn’t fair honey,” Her mother hissed.

A single tear streamed down Kyra’s cheek while she looked out of the window. The whole car trip back was spent with Kyra sobbing and mumbling things to herself. Not to mention that her mind was racing with thoughts of Mikey and the rest of her friends.

It was almost as if the rain had followed Kyra all the way to Saint Margaret’s. They pulled up out the front of a building that looked like a castle, possibly from the medieval times. Her mother unlocked the doors and took Kyra in while Mark walked behind them, just in case Kyra decided to run.

She remained silent the whole time, even when they took her up to the dorm. Only nodding or shaking her head to answer. The headmistress opened up the dorm room and practically pushed her inside, shutting the door behind her.

Kyra looked up and saw two smalls beds, a girl with auburn hair sitting on one of them. She glanced up from her magazine and looked at Kyra.

“You must be Kyra? I’m Ryley,” She smiled.

“Kyra,” Kyra muttered, walking over and placing the small suitcase she had been given onto her new bed.

“So how’d they get you?” Ryley asked.

“Uhm, I was just walking back from my boyfriend’s and they pulled me into a car. What about you?”

“They got me in the movie theatre. Never did see the end of that movie mind you.”

Kyra sighed. This was going to be a long stay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no!
Poor Kyra.
What will happen!?
This would of been up earlier, but I kinda got distracted.
Comments?