In the Best Damn Dress I Own

Hushed Conversations

Gerard’s P.O.V

Frank and Erika were sitting in the corner talking about God only knows what. Obviously the conversation was less than pleasant, because the look on Frank’s face was pure disgust. That made me feel a little better about their hushed conversation. But how could I ever really know what they were talking about?

Nicolle was jabbering to me, but honestly I wasn’t paying a grain of the attention I should be to her. My eyes were transfixed on Frank and Erika, combing for even a hint of lust in his eyes. Sure, maybe it was just a little bit overprotective, but could you blame me?

“Genna, Genna, are you listening to me?” Nicolle poked me in the side and I snapped back into reality. Turning to her, I saw her annoyed expression and made my apology. “What were you looking at anyways?”

I gestured my head in the direction of Frank and Erika. Nicolle’s mouth dropped open, and I swear she was about to go over there and kick Erika’s ass. The stare I gave her must have convinced her not to, because she stayed where she was. She seemed almost annoyed.

“I don’t even know why you put up with him if you’re that worried that he’s going to cheat on you again. I mean, yeah, I understand and everything, but if I were you I would have dumped his ass.”

“I wish I could. I love him though, and we’ve been together so long. Really, I can’t imagine my life without him in it. He’s always been there for me and he’s one of the only people in my life who truly understands me.”

It was true though. My parents, of course, didn’t know that I was a cross-dresser, and Mikey didn’t seem to keen on the idea of my woman’s clothing. Erika, though she really shouldn’t be a part of my life anymore, obviously detested my way of living. The rest of the people I loved didn’t know; not Evaleene or Nicolle, nor any of my other family or friends. All that they knew was that I was extremely gay; minus Nicolle and Evaleene of course, who thought I was a girl.

Just then, Erika walked away from Frank. The expression that adorned her face was the all too familiar victory, while Frank’s face was painted with shock and regret. Walking by me, Erika purposely ran into my shoulder with her own. Looking back at Frank, his face was buried in his hands and he looked miserable. What had they said to each other?

After telling Nicolle that I was going to see what was up with Frank, I did just that. I sat down beside him on the bench and put my arm around his back as he looked up at me shamefully. God, what had he done this time?

“I’m sorry Gerard,” he whispered. His eyes began to brim with tears. Knowing he wouldn’t want to cry in front of all these people, I took his hand and led him to the back room. Once the door was shut behind us, I searched the room briefly to see if anyone was there. It appeared deserted.

“What did you do Frank?” I asked through clenched teeth. Again, he looked shameful and I couldn’t help but think that he had done something with Erika behind my back again.

“Erika tried to tell me that my relationship with you wasn’t normal, and I basically told her to fuck off. Then, she threatened to ruin it for you and tell everyone that you were a guy.” Honestly, it wasn’t that surprising. Erika was a manipulative bitch that would go to any length to get what she wanted. Even though she had told me that she wanted me to slip up and reveal myself, I knew that if I never did, she would gladly do the honors for me.

“What else did you say to her, Frank?”

“I told her that if she fucked this up for you that I wouldn’t rest until she paid for it. Then she threatened me again. Gerard, I’m so sorry if I ruined this for you. Please, please don’t be angry with me.”

I shook my head, trying to clear it of the information it had just attained. Erika had threatened me, and then, in turn, Frank had threatened her. Then she had proceeded to threaten me again. Sweet Jesus, this was all too surreal. My life should be filmed for a soap opera.

“It’ll be fine, Frank. Everything is going to work out, and you didn’t ruin me. No one is going to find out that I’m a guy, because no one would believe that stupid fuck over me anyways. We’ll be fine; I’ll be fine.”

Honestly, I’m not sure whether I was trying to assure Frank or myself of that face. Frank seemed to calm down though, and I was more serene as well. I would have to be if I was going to go back out there and act like nothing happened. Honestly, the only thing I could count on anymore was that I would always have Frank there by my side to defend me.

And that no one, besides Erika, Frank, and Mikey knew that I was actually a man.

*****

Evaleen’s P.O.V

I sat in my office as the girls were on break. Leafing through some of the girls’ portfolios, I was passing the time and whistling softly to myself. Only five more minutes until break ended and then the girls would have to get back to work on their steps and such. It’s such a hard job; being the host and choreographer. You have to memorize lines and teach them everything they need to be synchronized and elegant.

All at once, voices were could be heard in the room that was beside mine. There was only a thin wall separating the two rooms, so if I pressed my ear against the wall, I could hear everything very clearly. Being the snoop that I was, I did just that, and the voices became all so much clearer.

-threatened to ruin it for you and tell everyone you were a guy.” That was a man’s voice. The voice that came next was slightly higher pitched, more like a woman’s.

What else did you say to her, Frank?” Oh, so that’s why it was; Genna and Frank.

I told her that if she fucked this up for you that I wouldn’t rest until she paid for it. Then she threatened me again. Gerard, I’m so sorry if I ruined this for you. Please, please don’t be angry with me.

It’ll be fine, Frank. Everything is going to work out, and you didn’t ruin me. No one is going to find out that I’m a guy, because no one would believe that stupid fuck over me anyways. We’ll be fine; I’ll be fine.

After that the voices ended, and I heard their footsteps lead out of the room as the door closed behind them. My mouth continued to gape as it had as I listened the obviously secret conversation between Genna and Frank.

Genna, or Gerard I suppose it was, was a man. Not only was she, or he, a man, but he was lying to me; right to my face. But, I still felt the connection I had on that first day with him, whether he was a man or not. Obviously, he wanted to be in this pageant so badly that he had gone to such great lengths to stay in after everything had fallen apart. However, there was still the factor that the pageant was for women only. I had to make a decision.

I decided to keep the little secret to myself. Gerard would continue to compete.
♠ ♠ ♠
EVALEENE KNOWS!
OH NO!

Comment and Subscribe?