Status: Completed.

From the Wreckage We All Rise.

Chapter 1.

“It’s going to be okay…” he whispered, wrapping his arms around me and bringing me closer to him.

“How?” I whispered my voice weak from crying so much.

“I’m here now, and there’s Billy and everyone else…” he said, hugging me closer to him. I felt something wet on my hair but I ignored it.

“You don’t hate me?”

“I could never hate you!” he whispered before I felt an other wet thing on my hair. He grabbed me by the shoulders and looked at me for a few seconds.

That’s when I realised that my brother was crying.

He brought me closer to him and hugged me again. “I can’t believe I didn’t notice it before…” he whispered, tightening his grip around me and resting his chin on my head. “You were right before my eyes all this time…”

“Matt…” I whimpered. Not because he was holding me too tight, just because I hated to see him cry, and knowing it was my fault…

The cab stopped and Matt released me from the hug just a few seconds. Just the time for him to pay the cab driver, to open the door and get out, bringing me with him.

As soon as I was out of the cab, I gazed at the sky and noticed that a plane had just taken off. I immediately bring my attention back to Matt.

“Your flight…” I whispered. He gazed down at me, before he wrapped his arms around my shoulder and we walked through the sliding doors, back into the airport where it all started.

I was surprised to see Cha sitting on one of those very uncomfortable plastic chairs, with Billy and Val by her sides.

As soon as they saw us, they got up and hurried towards us. Cha engulfed me in a tight hug, before releasing me and I ended up in Billy’s arms.

“Guys, you missed your flight because of me…” I said, wiping my tears with my sleeve.

Matt had his arm wrapped securely around Val’s waist and both were looking at me,
“This is just a flight Lyn… I mean Adeline… We’ll take the next.”

“Jess will take care of your bag when they land.” Explained Cha.

I nodded.

“So what now?” asked Billy, his arms still wrapped around me.

“I don’t know… Maybe she could come back with us?” suggested Matt. Val and Cha both shook their heads.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea, with Brian in the same town… He needs to be by himself for a while I think… To get over the shock…” explained Val as my gaze dropped to the floor. It was my fault, it wasn’t supposed to be this way…

“I think it’s best if we go our separate ways, I mean… I’m supposed to go to my parents for a few days, Lyn could stay with me for a while and when she’ll be ready, she’ll take a flight to L.A, how does it sound?” asked Billy, looking at me with a small smile before looking at my best friend, my brother and Val.

**

“Take care of her Billy.” Said Matt as he did the ‘man hug’ with Billy and then turned to look at me. I wiped my cheeks, silently wishing that I had stop crying already.

“I’ll see you in a few days okay?” said Matt, engulfing me in a bear hug. I nodded against his chest. He pressed his lips to my forehead before taking a step back. Val was the next, she didn’t say anything, she just hugged me. And last was Cha. She handed me my wallet,

“Don’t let if fall…” she whispered with a small smile. I smiled weakly in answer. We hugged and then it was time to go our separate ways…

I’ll see you in a few days… Matt’s words were echoing through my mind.

Turns out the days became weeks, the weeks became months and the months became years…
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is!
I'm sorry for the shortness of this chapter, but it's close to 4am her and I've been trying to catch up on all the stories that have been updated during the week I was on holiday since 10.30pm.
I'll try to update Sunday, I mean later today ><"

A xxx