Status: Completed.

From the Wreckage We All Rise.

Chapter 16.

This is the 2nd update today, I sugest you to read chapter 15 first ;)

“Seriously? You played with Slash?” asked Aiden, looking at Brian with his eyes wide.

“Yeah, I did.” Replied Brian, a small smile on his lip, probably from the memory. I dropped my gaze and took a bit from my slice of pizza, munching it slowly before swallowing.

Today must be on my top 5 of the best days of my life. Seriously, we spent the day with our father, who just happened to be Synyster fucking Gates! How great is that seriously?

I still can’t believe the fact that mother and Brian dated. I mean, my mother and Synyster Gates! And on top of that, my uncle is M.Shadows. I may as well die and go to heaven, it would be the same… It feels so unreal!

“Angelina?”

“Yeah?” I asked, snapping out my daze.

“You’ve been looking at your plate for the past 2 minutes, are you okay?” asked Brian, looking at me with concern. I nodded,

“I’m fine, I was just thinking.” I explained, running a hand through my hair and then discreetly looked at my watch. It was getting close to 11.30 now. And the last thing my mother said to me kept turning in my mind.

“Promise me you won’t leave me to stay with your father.”

I promised her I wouldn’t, but I wasn’t sure about Aiden… He looked so happy sitting here with our father, when he looked at him, his eyes reflected nothing but admiration. Brian was his hero and I knew damn well that Aiden’s relations with our mother weren’t that great… I was just afraid he might ask Brian to stay with him… I don’t think Mum would survive…

“All right kids, I should really drive you back to your mum.” Said Brian as he got up, and grabbed his wallet from his pocket. He paid for our dinner and then led us back to his car.

Aiden and Brian kept talking about music, while I sat quietly in the back, feeling bad for my mother… It wasn’t the easiest thing for her now. And I kind of understand why she hadn’t told us about Brian being our father. I think I might have done the same if I was in her place. Like she hadn’t enough to worry, now she was going to worry about us leaving her to live with our father.

Don’t think I’m not happy to be with my father, I really am. It’s just that I’m trying to understand my mother, I try to make things easier for her because I know that any discussion between her and Aiden might lead to a disaster…

I wish Aiden would understand her, try to put himself in her place. It would make things easier for everyone…

The car stopped. Aiden got out of the car, and walked over to Brian as he got outside too. I decided to hurry up a little, and got out as well not before looking at the clock on the dashboard: 11.45 pm.

Brian knocked on the door and Billy opened it, stepping aside so Brian and Aiden could come in. When he caught sight of me, he smiled warmly at me. I smiled back and hurried inside, hugging him on my way.

“Where are mum and Celia?” I asked Billy, taking off my shoes.

“Celia is already asleep, and your mum should be in the living room.” He answered, closing the door behind us and locking it. “How was your day?” he asked, as we walked side by side to the living room where everyone was.

“It was pretty damn awesome!” I replied with a huge smile.

“That’s good to hear!” he said, squeezing my shoulder gently. And I knew he meant it. Aiden always said that Billy couldn’t be so nice, that he had to be pretending, but I knew he wasn’t. Billy really loved our mother and cared for us, Aiden was just too stubborn.

I saw my mother getting up, following Brian to the kitchen. She smiled at me as she walked past me, winking. It was her way to tell me not to worry.

“Where are grandpa and grandma?” asked Aiden, sitting down on the couch and looking at Billy.

“They went to sleep, Celia couldn’t stand still today, Matt’s kids came over too and everyone is pretty much exhausted.” Explained Billy, looking worriedly in direction of the kitchen.

Aiden was wrong, it was pretty much written all over Billy’s face that he loved our mother. Seriously, if he didn’t loved her, do you really think he would put up with my brother’s shit? I personally don’t think so.

“Are you sure you don’t mind?” I could hear Brian asked. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on their conversation, trying to hear what they were saying.

“It’s completely understandable Brian and as long as there’s no problem with Nathalie, it’s okay with me.” She said.

“I don’t know how to thank you Adeline, really.”

“Like I said Brian, there’s no problem.” She said and I heard their footsteps coming closer, informing me that they were heading back to the living room.

“Aiden, Lyn. Go get ready for bed, your father will come and pick you up tomorrow morning at 8am.” She said, looking at Aiden and then at me. I nodded, walked to over to Billy and hugged him before I hugged Brian, thanking him for the day and then my mother, kissing her cheek. She smiled weakly at me and then turned to focus on my brother.

“Night!” he said walking past Billy as he went to hug our father, “Thank you Brian, it was an awesome day!” he said and then kissed our mother’s cheek before he caught up with me and we both walked upstairs and to the room we shared.

I closed the door behind us, and Aiden threw himself on his bed, not bothering to undress or anything of the kind. I shook my head, wanting to ask him why he didn’t even try to be civil towards Billy but bit my tongue, grabbed my PJs and headed to the bathroom to get ready for bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here you go!
I promised HellGates I was going to post an other update today, here it is ^^"

Hope you like it =)

A <3