Status: Completed.

From the Wreckage We All Rise.

Chapter 15.

I was laying on the bed, my hands crossed behind my head, starring up at the white ceiling inmyour bedroom. Nat was fast asleep on her side of the bed, her blond hair spread across the pillow. She looked so peaceful, her eyes closed and her mouth softly opened. I looked at her naked body, barely covered by the sheets. If it wasn’t for her blond hair, I could have mistook her for someone else, except that she would have her head resting on my chest.

I adverted my gaze back to the ceiling and let out a deep sigh. I did tell Nat about Aiden and Angelina but she was too horny yesterday and well, we didn’t speak much last night, she just knew I had kids and that I was going to spend the day with them.

I still couldn’t believe it,

I had kids…

It was a complete shock to me but at the same time, it was one of my dreams becoming true. Nat didn’t wanted to have kids because, I quote, “she was still young and wanted to keep her rocking body for a little longer.”

I was on my late thirties and wanted to have kids, but she wouldn’t hear it. It was useless so after a while I dropped it but I couldn’t deny the small tad of jealousy I felt every time Matt, Jimmy or one of the guys were bringing their kids at the studio or anywhere else…
I wanted to have a family and now I had one.

Two children, twins, a boy and a girl. I couldn’t be happier, really.

Just thinking about them made me smile. They were already teenagers, which saved me from the sleepless night and cries but at the same time, I whished I had met them before, I had so many things to catch up and not so much time…

I wanted to spend as much time with them as possible.

I looked at the alarm clock on the nightstand and sighed: 6.30. Normally I wouldn’t wake up until 9am…

I couldn’t show up at the door at 7am, could I?

No, I don’t think it was a good idea. I was already thankful that she agreed on letting me see them, I wasn’t going to ask too much from Lyn.

I ran a hand through my hair and bit my lip, trying to think of something we could do today with my kids.

I grinned stupidly, my kids.

We could go to the movies, then go to the restaurant then to the mall, the beach and the pizzeria…?

I sighed, there were so many things I wanted to do but not enough time.

I sat up, threw the covers a little so I could get out and headed for the bathroom, glancing at Nat. She didn’t move. Lyn would have woken up, she always did… I shook my head and closed the door behind me, before I stepped in the shower, not bothering if it was warm or not.

**

I opened the door, a towel wrapped around my waist. I was shaved, cleaned and ready for the day ahead. I just wish time could fly.

I opened the door to my closet and try to find something to wear. After a moment of reflection, I decided on a pair of dark jeans with holes on the knees, a SynGates clothing T-shirt and a studded belt. Then I went back in the bathroom to fix my hair.

I waited until 8 am to start making breakfast because I wanted to wait until 8.45 to get in my car. I had just finished making coffee when Nat stepped in the kitchen, one of my T-shirt as a PJ. She yawned and rubbed her eyes.

“What are you doing? It’s not 9am yet.” She asked, sitting down on one of the stool as I made my way over to her, kissing her cheek and placing a cup of coffee in front of her.

“I have to pick up Aiden and Angelina.” I explained, trying not to burn my tongue as I took a sip of coffee.

“Oh yeah, I forgot.” She said, picking at her nails. “I think I’ll go to L.A with my friends today.” She said, looking at me with a small smile.

“Whatever you want baby.” I replied, kissing her cheek once again as I started to make my way to the hall.

I just couldn’t wait any longer, I put on my Nikes, grabbed a jacket, a fedora, my phone, wallet and car keys.

“I’m going now!” I told her, blowing her a kiss before I opened the front door and left the house.

I tried not to speed up as I drove towards Adeline’s parents’ house. I had no problem finding my way since I had been there countless time. I parked the car, and looked at the small clock on the dashboard: 8.40.

I sighed, killed the engine and got out. I could always try, and if they weren’t up yet, I would just go back to my car and wait. I locked the car, and slowly but surely made my way up to the front door. I knocked, readjusted my hat and waited. Not seconds after, the door opened, revealing Adeline in boy shorts, and a Level 27 T-shirt.

“Oh hey!” she said, stepping aside so I could come in.

“Hey” I whispered, “Am I too early?” I inquired. She shook her head,

“They’ve been up since 7 am, they are finishing getting ready.” She explained, heading towards the kitchen. “Do you want some coffee?” she asked, looking at me from over her shoulder.

“Yes please.” I replied, sitting at the table. “I thought you didn’t like coffee?”

“I still don’t, but Billy needs coffee or he won’t be fully awake until midday.” She explained as she poured some coffee in a cup and handed it to me.

“Thanks.” I replied quietly. She just nodded shortly and took a sit opposite me.

“Did I wake you up?” I asked, after I took a sip from my cup.

“Nope, I’ve been up since 6 am.” She explained, looking out of the window and to the driveway. “I don’t sleep very well.” She added, looking at me for a second before she looked at something over my shoulder. I turned my head a little and saw Aiden and Angelina running down the stairs, racing each other to the kitchen.

“Hey!” I said with a smile as Angelina pushed her brother out of the way so she could hug me. Then Aiden pushed his sister and hugged me.

“Are you two ready to go?” I asked, finishing my coffee in a long gulp and getting up.

“Yeap!” they both replied in unison as they ran to the hall to put their shoes on.

“At what time do you want me to bring them back?” I asked, heading towards the hall.

“It doesn’t matter, but before midnight would be cool.” She replied, stopping in the hall. I nodded and opened the front door.

“Bye mum!” said Aiden, quickly hugging his mother and running to the car. I started following him as Angelina hugged her mother, and kissed her cheek.

“I promise mum.” I heard her whisper before she ran to the car.

“Have fun.” She said, standing at the doorway, waving at Aiden and Angelina as they got in the car, fighting to get in the passenger sit. She waved and then got back inside, closing the door behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I promised HellGates I was going to update again today because 21rst Century Breakdown (Green Day's new album for the ones who doesn't know ^^) came out =D
I hope you like this chapter in Brian's POV and thank you all for your comments, they make my day brighter =D

A <3